Easy Chicken Curry is Indian style chicken curry made with a blend of Indian spices. This is one chicken curry recipe which is also quick and easy to make and is ready under 20 minutes. A mildly spiced curry that taste so good for something so quick and easy, you will be amazed and will keep making it over again.
Looking for an easy and quick chicken curry recipe? If yes then you have landed at the right place! Today I’m sharing the best simple chicken curry that I know.
I love curries of any type; be it a vegetarian curry or a non-vegetarian curry. I like to pair my curries with piping hot steamed rice more than flatbreads. Rice and curry on my plate, I’m in food heaven! I love my curries to be spicy, with lots of spices and flavors in it.
ABOUT CHICKEN CURRY WITH POTATO
Chicken curry with potato is a delicious Indian chicken curry with full of flavours. Tender juicy chicken cooked in flavorful Indian masala spiced powders. This recipe uses basic Indian spices which are easily available in every Indian kitchen or any Indian stores or supermarkets.
This chicken curry is probably one of the easiest chicken curry and I make them often. It is a fuss-free and a straight forward recipe. This chicken curry is a savior when we have unexpectedly sudden lunch or dinner plans or when we don’t feel like cooking much but still craving for a delicious curry that will make the tummy filling and happy.
The best part is you do not need to do much chopping of vegetables and roasting & grinding of spices. Still you get a lip-smacking chicken curry, honestly can’t get anything easier than this.
INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE EASY CHICKEN CURRY
For the chicken I have used a mixed of chicken thighs, curry cuts bone-in and boneless. Honestly speaking I love any meat with bone-in compared to boneless. Meat with bone-in lends deeper, richer flavor to a simple curry making it super delicious.
This simple, easy and effortless recipe uses simple and basic Indian spices like fennel seeds, dry red chillies, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel, garam masala, meat masala (optional), black pepper along with chopped onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
I have used regular potato medium sized.
SUBSTITUTION OF INGREDIENTS
This chicken curry taste amazing with baby potato too. So if you can source it or if baby potato is in season please try to use that.
And yes this recipe is so versatile. You can use egg, mutton, beef, pork and fish as well for this recipe. It turns heavenly just as the chicken curry.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHICKEN CURRY IN PRESSURE COOKER?
Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add the fennel seeds and dry red chillies and let it crackle. Add chopped onion and saute till onions turns soft. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy. Now add the masala powders, salt and mix well. Next add the chicken and potatoes and fry for 5 minutes. Add about 1½ cup of water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles, tuen off and let the pressure release by itself. Open and bring to boil for 5 mins. Adjust the gravy consistency as your requirement, add chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
Try this chicken curry with a vegetarian side of bitter gourd fry, black eyed peas sundal, panch phoran potato & brinjal fry, mushroom pepper fry, aloo pitika, amaranth stir fry, chana masala.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
• Bhut Jolokia Grilled Chicken
• Chicken Drumsticks Fry
• Chicken Masala Fry
• Crispy Fried Chicken
• Pizza Stuffed Meatloaf
• Cheesy Chicken Fritters
• Spicy Mango Chicken Wings
• Stir Fry Chicken With Banana Flower
• Steamed Chicken Wrapped in banana Leaf
• Tandoori Chicken Oven Baked
• Chicken Pakora / Chicken Fritters
• Baked Whole Chicken Leg
• Pan Baked Chicken Leg
• Peri Peri Chicken With Veggie Salad
• Spiced Fried Chicken
• Coca Cola Chicken
THE CURRY COLLECTION
• Kashmiri Rogan Josh
• Green Apple Currry
• Mixed Dal With Egg & Potato
• Black Pepper Chicken – Semi Gravy
• Crab Curry – Indian Style
• Chicken Kola Urundai Kuzhambu / Minced Chicken Balls Curry
• Naga Pork Curry
• Smoked Pork Curry
• Pepper Chicken Gravy
• Butter Chicken
• Mutton Curry With Coriander Seeds
• Chettinad Mutton Curry
• Chickpea Soya Curry
Serve this delicious Indian chicken curry with piping hot steamed rice, variety rice or flatbreads like chapati, paratha, roti, variety of dosas, idli, idiyappam etc.
So guys please do try this easy chicken curry and share your thoughts about the recipe with me. Now let’s move on to the step by step pictures recipe and see how to make this easy chicken curry at home.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients to make easy chicken curry:
500 gms Chicken
3 Potato big cubed
2-3 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Fennel Seeds
3 Dry Red Chilly whole
2 medium Onion chopped
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 medium Tomato chopped
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilly powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
½ tsp Fennel powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
1 tsp Meat Masala powder (optional)
Salt to taste
2-3 cups Water or as required
Few coriander leaves chopped
How to make easy chicken curry:
Get ready all the ingredients and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan or pot. Add the fennel seeds and dry red chillies and let it crackle.
Add chopped onions and saute till onion turns soft.
Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
Add the masala powders, salt, mix well and fry for few seconds.
Add the chicken, potatoes and mix well with the masalas.
Cover the pan with lid and cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add 2-3 cups of water, cover the pan with lid and cook for 15 minutes.
Adjust the gravy consistency as per your requirement, add chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and turn off the heat.
Easy Chicken Curry
- Frying pan
- 500 grams chicken
- 3 medium potato large cubes
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds (snauf)
- 3 dry red chilli whole
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium tomato
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon fennel powder (snauf powder)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon meat masala powder (optional)
- salt as per taste
- 2-3 cups water
- few coriander leaves chopped
- Get ready all the ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or pot. Add the fennel seeds and dry red chillies and let it crackle.
- Add chopped onions and saute till onion turns soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add the masala powders, salt, mix well and fry for few seconds.
- Add the chicken, potatoes and mix well with the masalas.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add 2-3 cups of water, cover the pan with lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Adjust the gravy consistency as per your requirement, add chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and turn off the heat.
Well, if you make this easy chicken curry, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.