An absolutely flavorful side dish which is quick and easy to prepare and taste insanely delicious. It pairs perfectly with rice, puri or any flatbread.
I am back again today with a super easy recipe and which is also one of my favourite vegetarian dish. Panch Phoran Potato Brinjal Fry is easy and quick to prepare and at the same time taste delicious and flavourful.
Panch phoran is an Indian five spice blend – fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. It is one of the most used spice ingredients in Eastern India especially in a Bengali household.
Panch phoran is easily available in grocery stores. Not getting them in grocery stores of your area? Not to worry, you can make it at home. Just mix the above mentioned five spices in equal proportion and store it. Simple as it is.
I love this combo of vegetable. Potato and brinjal are in the list of my favourite vegetables and quite regular in my home. Potato Cauliflower Curry is another combo I love and a regular vegetarian dish in my kitchen. But when it comes to brinjal, I know lots of people who do not enjoy it but I have always liked it. I personally loved eggplant in every form!
Here panch phoran is the hero of the dish. The aroma in the dish from panch phoran is heaven. It adds a lot of aroma and flavor to the dish.
Panch Phoran Potato Brinjal Fry
✔ easy & simple
✔ aromatic & flavorful
✔ vegan & gluten-free
✔ ready in 20 minutes
I am sure you will love this super easy recipe of potato and eggplant. Please do try this recipe and share your thoughts about the recipe with me.
Read also Bitter Gourd Fry an easy and quick recipe that is mildly spiced. It is simple to make and turns out tasty and delicious.
Well, if you make this panch phoran potato brinjal fry, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves : 3
Potato – 2
Brinjal – 150-200 gms
Green / Red Chilly – 2 slit
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Tomato – 1 medium chopped
Paanch puran – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilly powder – ½ tsp or as per your taste
Roasted coriander powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsps
Water as required
Peel the potatoes and sliced them length wise medium thickness.
Cut the brinjal length wise medium thickness and soak in water until used.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the panch phoran and let it splutter.
Add chopped Onion, chillies and saute till it turns soft.
Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, roasted coriander powder and saute for a min.
Add the potatoes, brinjal, salt to taste, mix well and saute for about 5 mins on high heat.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 10-15 mins or until the potatoes and brinjal is cooked completely.
Add the garam masala powder, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
Serve it as a side dish with rice, roti, chapati etc.
Panch Phoran Potato Brinjal Fry / Potato Eggplant Fry / Aloo Aur Baingan Sabzi
- frying pan
- 2 nos potatoes
- 150-200 grams brinjal
- 2 nos green chilly slit
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon panch phoran mix
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as per taste
- 2-3 tablespoon mustard oil or any refined oil
- water as required
- Peel the potatoes and sliced them length wise medium thickness.
- Cut the brinjal length wise medium thickness and soak in water until used.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the panch phoran and let it splutter.
- Add chopped Onion, chillies and saute till it turns soft.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, roasted coriander powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the potatoes, brinjal, salt to taste, mix well and saute for about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes and brinjal is cooked completely.
- Add the garam masala powder, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
- Serve it as a side dish with rice, roti, chapati etc.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.