Coconut cashew curried prawns is a delicious and favorful prawn curry made with onion, tomato, basic spices, coconut and cashewnut. It is simple, easy and quick recipe which is ready under 15 minutes. This prawn curry pairs well with piping hot steam rice, chapati, dosa, idli, string hopper etc.
This prawn curry is an easy one pot coconut and cashew based curry that has a rich creamy taste with burst of flavors and succulent prawns. This coconut cashew prawn curry is so delicious that everyone in you house will love the flavors.
This prawn curry is made with the most basic ingredients that most of us use in the pantry. This prawn curry is my son’s favourite and it never fails to surprise him and myself at how superb it tastes everytime.
Easy prawn curry with coconut and cashew nut recipe can be made when you are in a hurry. It gets ready under 20 minutes, to be precise – just 15 minutes. So, when you are running out of time and need a quick prawn curry, this coconut cashew curried prawns recipe is a winner!
HOW TO SERVE COCONUT CASHEW CURRIED PRAWNS?
Serve coconut cashew curried prawns with piping hot rice. You can also serve with roti, paratha, dosa, idli, idiyappam (string hopper) and appam. It also pairs well with vegetable pulao, vegetable briyani and prawn pulao.
LET US SEE THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKE COCONUT CASHEW CURRIED PRAWNS:
This section explains what all ingredients is used in making the coconut cashew curried prawns, how to use or choose certain ingredients and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
PRAWNS: Large prawns are used in this recipe. Reccomend to use fresh prawns. You can use shrimps as well. Works very well wih shrimps too.
COCONUT: The recipe uses fresh coconut. You can use homemade coconut milk or canned coconut milk to make this recipe. You can also make it with coconut milk powder. Follow the package instructions if you are making coconut milk from coconut powder.
CASHEW NUT: The recipe uses whole fat cashewnuts.
VEGETABLES: Vegetables like onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and coriander leaves are used to make this coconut cashew based prawn curry.
CHILLI – Dry red chilly is used here. You can use red chilli powder instead of it.
SPICES: Whole spices like cumin seeds and fennel seeds are used in the paste.
Spice powders like turmeric powder, cumin powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and black pepper powder are added to this prawn curry to make it flavorful.
OIL: The recipe uses coconut oil. Other oils like olive oil, sunflower oil or vegetable oil can be used to make this delicious prawn curry.
LIQUID – Water is used for the gravy. You can also use coconut milk, it really makes the curry extra rich in taste and texture.
SALT to taste
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CASHEW CURRIED PRAWNS?
This section shows how to make coconut cashew curried prawns with step-by-step photos and details about the technique with video tutorial. For full ingredients measurements, see the recipe card below.
I made a simple video of this coconut cashew curried prawns recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch to know how I made this delicious recipe. If you liked the video please do SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. Also like, share and comment on it! It will mean a lot to me and really motivate me to come up and shoot more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Coconut Cashew Curried Prawns Video Tutorial
STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE COCONUT CASHEW CURRIED PRAWNS
Peel, devein and wash the prawns well.
In a mixie jar add in the onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, red chilli, cashew, coconut, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Grind them into a fine mixture. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is heated simmer the flame.
Add in the ground mixture, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt.
Mix well and saute over medium flame for about 2 minutes.
Add water as required. Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes. The gravy will start to thicken slightly. (You may use coconut milk also instead of water)
Add in the curry leaves and prawns.Mix well, put on the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring it in between.
Add in the chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
● Prawns can be swap with shrimps.
● You can use chicken, fish or boiled eggs and make the same recipe.
● You can use milk instead of water.
● Coconut oil can be swap with other cooking oils like sunflower or vegetable oils.
Coconut Cashew Curried Prawns
- Heavy bottom pot
- Mixer grinder
- 300 grams large prawns
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil Or vegetable/sunflower oil
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ Teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ Teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ Teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper powder
- 4-5 Leaves curry leaves
- Few Leaves Coriander chopped
- salt to taste
- 1-1½ Cup water
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato Chopped
- 7-8 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Inch Ginger Roughly chopped
- 8 Whole Cashew nut
- 2-3 Medium Dry red chilli
- ⅓ Cup Fredh coconut Grated
- ½ Teaspoon Fennel seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin seeds
Making curry paste:
- In a mixie jar add in the onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, red chilli, cashew, coconut, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Grind them into a fine mixture. Keep aside.1 Large Onion, 1 Medium Tomato, 7-8 Cloves Garlic, ½ Inch Ginger, 8 Whole Cashew nut, 2-3 Medium Dry red chilli, ⅓ Cup Fredh coconut, ½ Teaspoon Fennel seeds, ½ Teaspoon Cumin seeds
Making the curry:
- Peel, devein and wash the prawns well.300 grams large prawns
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is heated simmer the flame.2 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Add in the ground mixture, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt.¼ Teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ Teaspoon cumin powder, ½ Teaspoon coriander powder, ½ Teaspoon garam masala powder, ¼ Teaspoon pepper powder, salt to taste
- Mix well and saute over medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add water as required. Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes. The gravy will start to thicken slightly. (You may use coconut milk also instead of water)1-1½ Cup water
- Add in the curry leaves and prawns.Mix well, put on the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring it in between.4-5 Leaves curry leaves, 300 grams large prawns
- Add in the chopped coriander leaves, give a quick stir and take off the heat.Few Leaves Coriander chopped
Prawns can be swap with shrimps.
You can use chicken, fish, crab or boiled eggs and make the same recipe.
You can use milk instead of water.
Coconut oil can be swap with other cooking oils like sunflower or vegetable oils.
SOME SEAFOOD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Butter Sauteed Garlic & Herbs Prawns
Dry Shrimp / Prawn Chutney
Crab Pepper Masala
Indian Style Crab Curry
Indian Basa With Bamboo Shoot
Rohu Fish Curry
Shallow Fried King Fish
Pan Grilled Green Masala Fish
Pan Seared Pepper Fish With Mashed Potato
Green Chilly Masala Fish
Karimeen Pollichathu ( Pearl spot in Banana Leaf)
Fish And Prawn Tandoori Platter
Fish With Spinach (Zero Oil)
Nethili Meen Fry / Anchovies Fry
Fish Head With Cauliflower & Potato
Pompret Tawa Fry
Well, if you make this coconut cashew curried prawns recipe I’ll be glad if you take out some time and rate the recipe and leave a feedback in the comments box below. You can also snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.