Black Pepper Chicken Curry
Pepper chicken gravy is an easy and quick recipe which can be made in jiffy when you are time restraint. This Black pepper chicken curry is made using pressure cooker making it a fuss free and super quick recipe.
Learn how to make pepper chicken gravy with step by step pictures. This Pepper chicken recipe is super easy with simple pantry staples and simple cooking steps.
Pepper is such a synonymous spice which gives dishes not just heat but depth and immense flavour. This recipe for a pepper chicken kozhumbu is an absolute winner and perfect for anyone looking for a spicy chicken curry with warmth and heat from whole spices including black pepper, cloves, fennel, dried chillies etc.
This spicy black pepper chicken gravy goes well with roti, rice and idli dosa too. This taste super delicious and peppery.
Pepper is one of my favourite spice. Black Pepper Chicken is my favourite amongst the non-veg dishes. You can also check out the Mushroom Pepper Fry recipe which also tried and tested by many and loved it.
So lets head on to the recipe. Please do give it a try and share your thoughts on the same in the comments box below.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Chicken – 400-500 gms
Oil – 2-3 tbsp
Dry red chilly – 1 broken
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
salt to taste
Water as required
For Grinding :
Black peppercorns – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut grated – 2 tbsp
Onion – 1 large
Tomato – 1 medium
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Cinnamon – 1 small stick
Cloves – 2
Cardamom – 2
Green chillies – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE PEPPER CHICKEN GRAVY:
Here is a step by step pictorial instructions to make pepper chicken gravy.
In a mixie jar or blender add in all the ingredients mentioned in the grinding list. Grind them into a fine paste.
In a pressure cooker heat oil and add the dry red chilly and fry for few seconds. Add the ground paste and cook for about a min or two.
Add chicken, salt, curry leaves, mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add water as required approximately 1 cup to 1½ cup and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistles. Do not add more water or you’ll get a runny consistency gravy.
Let the pressure release by itself. Open and cook on medium-high flame for about 5 minutes or till the oil starts to appear at the surface. This gravy should be little thick.
Add lemon juice and take off the heat. You can add few chopped coriander leaves.
Pepper Chicken Gravy
- pressure cooker
- 500 grams chicken
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1 dry red chilli broken)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt as per taste
- 1-2 cup water (use as per your gravy requirement)
- 2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tablespoon coconut (grated)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (roughly chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 medium green chilly
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- In a mixie jar or blender add in all the ingredients mentioned in the grinding list. Grind them into a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker heat the oil.
- Add the dry red chilly and fry for few seconds.
- Add the ground paste and cook for about a min or two.
- Add in the chicken, salt, curry leaves, mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add water as required approximately 1 cup to 1½ cup and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistles. Do not add more water or you'll get a runny consistency gravy.
- Let the pressure release by itself. Open and cook on medium-high flame for about 5 minutes or till the oil starts to appear at the surface. This gravy should be little thick.
- Add lemon juice and take off the heat. You can add few chopped coriander leaves.
FEW CHICKEN CURRY COLLECTION:
● Chettinad Chicken Curry
● Easy Chicken Curry
● Chicken Manchurian
● Butter Chicken
● Naga Chicken Curry
● Chicken Kola Urundai Kuzhambu
● Chicken And Vegetable Stew
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Well, if you make this pepper chicken gravy recipe please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
25 thoughts on “Pepper Chicken Gravy / Pepper Chicken Kozhumbu / Milagu Chicken Curry”
I tried your recipe and chicken turned out really tasty. Best part is how Easy it is to make, thanks a lot
Thanks much Lalita for the feedback.. I am glad you liked it 🙂
Nice to know about you. I am Sikh born and brought up in Dimapur. Nagaland. I have moved to Sydney 15 years ago. I cook Naga food with Bamboo roots (banstanga) . Love cooking Black pepper chicken ❤️