Black Pepper Chicken is one of my family’s favourite and a regular dish in my kitchen. This delicious and healthy side dish is easy to prepare with limited ingredients and doesn’t require much of your time.
Some of the benefits of Black pepper are it is considered to be good for digestion, it prevents stomach trouble, it has antibacterial properties, it relieves cold and cough, it speeds up metabolism and promotes weight loss, it helps the body to absorb nutrients from other food better.
Black pepper chicken is a dish which is flavorful and slightly spicy in taste. The lovely flavour and a hint of hotness from the black pepper makes the dish aromatic and amazingly delicious. I recommend to use freshly grounded black peppercorns for the authentic flavour and taste.
This serves as a great side dish for any special celebrations or for a normal dining. So do try this recipe and I am sure you will love it. Please do try and let me know in the comments below how it turn out for you. Lets hear the recipe.
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 25 mins
- Serves : 3-4
- 500 gms Chicken
- 2 tbsps Oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsps Black peppercorns coarsely grounded
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds grounded
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 2 dry red chilly broken
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Heat oil in a pan, add the dry red chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add the curry leaves, finely chopped onions and saute for about 2 mins.
- Add salt to taste, chopped tomatoes and saute till tomatoes turns soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, grounded coriander, grounded black peppercorns and saute for a mix.
- Add the chicken, mix well, cover the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 5-10 mins.
- Add very little water if required and continue to cook for another 10-15 mins or till the chicken is cooked completely.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle few cracked peppercorns and serve.
Watch the video here 👇
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you liked the recipe. Please do share your valuable feedbacks, I love to hear from you all. Happy cooking!