Learn how to make eggless mawa cake, a classic tea cake recipe. Mawa Pistachios Cake is an eggless delicious cake with goodness of mawa/khoya, pistachios and flavoured with safron. It is prepared with 50-50% of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.
The cake is moist, soft and spongy with amazing texture and taste from the mawa. It also has a beautiful flavour and colour added from pistachios and safron. Mawa, also called as khoya is a dairy product which is widely used in Indian cooking. It is prepared by evaporating the milk and reducing it to its solid form. Milk cake also known as Kalakand is a traditional Indian cake made by evapating the milk.
This mawa pistachios cake has an Indian flavour. It is an irresistible light, fluffy and scrumptious tea cake with nutty aroma and a bit crunchy from the nuts and pistachios giving a lovely bite to this soft, moist and fluffy cake. Mawa cake and Ghee cake are indian flavored cakes with beautiful aroma, taste and textures.
WHOLE WHEAT CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
■ Banana Walnut Cake
■ Banana Nut Bread
■ Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
■ Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
■ Apple Cinnamon Cake
■ Moist Orange Cake
■ Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
■ Chocolate Vanilla Cake
■ Multigrain Banana Cake
■ Vegan Coconut Cake
■ Banana Chocolate Cake
■ Protein Rich Nut & Seed Cake
■ Chocolate Wine Fruit Cake
■ Chocolate Ganache Cake
■ Christmas Fruit Cake
■ Banana Oats Loaf Cake
■ Muesli Banana Cake
MORE CAKE RECIPES
■ Eggless Lamingtons
■ Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
■ Milk Powder Cake
■ Malai Cake / Cream Cake
■ Berry Jam Cake
■ Hot Milk Suji Cake / Semolina Cake
■ Semolina Carrot Cake
■ Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
■ Tutti Frutti Cake
■ Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake
■ Custard Powder Cake
■ Pineapple Upside Down Cake
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Here are all my Bakes & Cakes recipes if you’re craving more baking inspiration. Do have a look at them too. I am sure you would like to try some.
So do try this easy classic cake recipe for your family or for any special gathering and share your thoughts about the recipe with me here. I am sure this gonna impress your guest and you will just love it.
Let’s move on to the easy and simple recipe of eggless mawa cake.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Baking time: 35 mins
- Serves: 6
☆ Pan size = 6.5 inches diameter × 2 inches height
☆ 1 cup = 240 ml
☆ 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
☆ 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup Mawa / Khoya
- 50 gms Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ cup Milk (120 ml)
- Few drops Vanilla essence
- A pinch of saffron strands (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp mixed nuts – pistachios, almond and cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp sliced pistachios for garnish
- Soak the saffron strands in little warm milk.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins. Grease a cake pan and keep aside.
- Take the mawa and soaked saffrons in a blender and pulse for few seconds.
- In a mixing bowl add the melted butter, sugar and well till sugar dissolves.
- Add the mawa, milk and vanilla essence and stir well.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder and baking soda atleast twice and incorporate them well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold to make a smooth batter.
- Add chopped nuts and give a quick gently fold.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and garnish with slices pistachios.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 mins. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Remove from oven, let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
● All ingredients should be at room temperature.
● You can use 100% whole wheat flour or all purpose flour.
● Always seive the flour before adding them into the wet ingredients.
● Always preheat your oven.
● Butter can be substituted with ¼ cup or ½ cup unflavored oil. I used mostly use sunflower refined oil for oil based cakes.
● Saffron is optional here.
● Baking time will differ from oven to oven, so start checking atleast 5 minutes ahead of the baking time mentioned in the recipe.
● You can add a mixture of dry fruits and nuts.
Well, if you make this eggless mawa cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Ossoro French Vanilla Flavour, 30 ml
Lezzet Culinary Essence Assorted 20 Ml, Pack of 10 Flavors (Vanilla, Pineapple, Cardamom, Rose, Butterscotch, Strawberry, Saffron, Pista, Mango and Chocolate)
Hua You 3 in 1 Aluminium Round Cake Mould (8/7/6.5 Inch)
sakoraware Plastic Measuring Spoon and Cup Set (10 pcs) Combo with Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush Set and Stainless Steel Egg Whisker (8 Inches)
BICHI™ Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Kitchen Scale Digital Multipurpose, Weight Machines for Kitchen, Weight Machine, Weight Scale Kitchen, Kitchen Weight Machine, Kitchen Weighing Scale Digital
Muskan Collection roti Paper wrap Eco-Friendly, Non-Bleached, Non-Wax, Non-Stick Butter Paper for Cooking Parchment Paper Baking Paper (10×10-inch) – Pack of 100 Sheets by Muskan Collection
PIXEL HOME Printed Cotton Oven Mitten with Pot Holder (Multicolour)
PIXEL HOME © Printed Apron with Centre Pocket 100% Cotton with Oven Mitten with Free Pot Holder – Designer Product Apron with Ties at Both End – Unisex Apron (Green Flower Print)
Morphy Richards 28 RSS 28 Litre Oven Toaster Griller (Black)