Learn how to make eggless mawa cake, a classic tea cake recipe. Mawa Pistachios Cake is an eggless delicious cake with goodness of mawa/khoya, pistachios and flavoured with safron. It is prepared with 50-50% of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.
The cake is moist, soft and spongy with amazing texture and taste from the mawa. It also has a beautiful flavour and colour added from pistachios and safron. Mawa, also called as khoya is a dairy product which is widely used in Indian cooking. It is prepared by evaporating the milk and reducing it to its solid form.
This mawa pistachios cake has an Indian flavour. It is an irresistible light, fluffy and scrumptious tea cake with nutty aroma and a bit crunchy from the nuts and pistachios giving a lovely bite to this soft, moist and fluffy cake.
So do try this easy classic cake recipe for your family or for any special gathering. I am sure this gonna impress your guest and you will just love it.
Let’s move on to the easy and simple recipe. Hope you will like it and if at all you try this recipe, please do share your feedback in the comments below how it turned out for you.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Baking time: 35 mins
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup Mawa / Khoya
- 50 gms Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ⅓ cup Milk (80 ml)
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- A pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts – pistachios, almond and cashewnuts
- 1-2 tbsp sliced pistachios for garnish
- Soak the saffron strands in little warm milk.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins. Grease a cake pan and keep aside.
- Take the mawa and soaked saffrons in a blender and pulse for few seconds.
- In a mixing bowl add the melted butter, sugar and well till sugar dissolves.
- Add the mawa, milk and vanilla essence and stir well.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder and baking soda atleast twice and incorporate them well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold to make a smooth batter.
- Add chopped nuts and give a quick gently fold.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and garnish with slices pistachios.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 mins. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Remove from oven, let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcomed, I would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking.