Eggless Vanilla Cake in tricolor theme – easy and spongy eggless cake which is soft and moist in texture. This eggless cake is so simple and taste delicious. It is made without condensed milk and butter. In this recipe Egg is been substituted by curd.
This eggless vanilla cake is easy and simple to make. It doesn’t require a fancy equipments or technique to make this cake. It takes just 15 mins for preparation and perfectly get baked in 30 mins and viola you have a perfect soft, spongy and moist cake.
A small tip I would like to share which I have experienced and works perfectly fine and result in awesome bakes. I love eggless cakes and i bake almost all the cakes eggless. I substitute egg with curd and sometimes vinegar. Before starting my bake, first thing I do is mix the curd and baking soda and let it stand for 5-10 mins to let it react. The reaction of curd with baking soda releases carbon dioxide and this reaction aerates the batter which helps in leavening the cake resulting to a perfect baked cake. You get soft, fluffy, spongy and moist cake.
This recipe makes the perfect base for making cream cakes. Light, fluffy and spongy vanilla sponge cake.
I have used 2 food colours – orange and green to make a tricolor theme cake. You can skip the colours and continue to bake a basic eggless vanilla cake.
Let’s move on to the easy and simple recipe. Hope you will like it and if at all you try this recipe, please do share your feedback in the comments below how it turned out for you.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Baking time : 30 mins
- Serves – 6
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup/140 gms
- Curd / yogurt – ¼ cup/ 4 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup /100 gms
- Milk – ½ cup / 120 ml
- Oil – ¼ cup / 60 ml
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Few drops of both orange and green colours
- Grease a cake pan with oil/ butter.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add the curd, baking soda, whisk well and keep aside for 5-10 mins.
- Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder together.
- In the curd mixture add sugar, milk, oil, vanilla essence and whisk for few mins using wired whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently fold to make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into 3 portions.
- Add the colours in 2 portions respectively. Keep the third portion plain as it is.
- Take the greased pan first pour the green colour batter followed by plain batter and then the orange batter.
- Take a toothpick and make the design or you can use the tip of the knife and make swirl to make a zebra print design.
- Take the cake tin 2-3 times and bake in the preheated oven for 30 mins. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcomed, I would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking.