Eggless Vanilla Cake in tricolor theme – easy and spongy eggless cake which is soft and moist in texture. This eggless cake is so simple and taste delicious. It is made without condensed milk and butter. In this recipe Egg is been substituted by curd.
This eggless vanilla cake is easy and simple to make. It doesn’t require a fancy equipments or technique to make this cake. It takes just 15 mins for preparation and perfectly get baked in 30 mins and viola you have a perfect soft, spongy and moist cake.
Also read Eggless Berry Jam Cake, another super hit recipe from my blog – A fluffy vanilla cake which has berry flavour from berry blast jam and has berry blast jam filling inside the cake. The combination of soft vanilla cake and berry jam is divine. A soft, spongy, fruity and delicious cake perfect for any season.
A small tip I would like to share which I have experienced and works perfectly fine and result in awesome bakes. I love eggless cakes and i bake almost all the cakes eggless. I substitute egg with curd and sometimes vinegar. Before starting my bake, first thing I do is mix the curd and baking soda and let it stand for 5-10 mins to let it react. The reaction of curd with baking soda releases carbon dioxide and this reaction aerates the batter which helps in leavening the cake resulting to a perfect baked cake. You get soft, fluffy, spongy and moist cake.
This recipe makes the perfect base for making cream cakes. Light, fluffy and spongy vanilla sponge cake.
I have used 2 food colours – orange and green to make a tricolor theme cake. You can skip the colours and continue to bake a basic eggless vanilla cake.
Tricolor Semiya Payasam is also an interesting tricolor theme recipe from the blog. I hope you like it.
MORE INTERESTING EGGLESS CAKE RECIPES 👉 CAKE RECIPES
Let’s move on to the easy and simple recipe. Hope you will like it and if at all you try this recipe, please do share your thoughts about the recipe with me, I would love to hear from you!
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Baking time : 30 mins
- Serves – 6
Ingredients to make Tricolor Vanilla Cake:
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup/140 gms
- Curd / yogurt – ¼ cup/ 4 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup /100 gms
- Milk – ½ cup / 120 ml
- Oil – ¼ cup / 60 ml
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Few drops of both orange and green colours
How to make Tricolor Vanilla Cake:
- Grease a cake pan with oil/ butter.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add the curd, baking soda, whisk well and keep aside for 5-10 mins.
- Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder together.
- In the curd mixture add sugar, milk, oil, vanilla essence and whisk for few mins using wired whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently fold to make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into 3 portions.
- Add the colours in 2 portions respectively. Keep the third portion plain as it is.
- Take the greased pan first pour the green colour batter followed by plain batter and then the orange batter.
- Take a toothpick and make the design or you can use the tip of the knife and make swirl to make a zebra print design.
- Tap the cake tin 2-3 times and bake in the preheated oven for 30 mins. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
Well, if you make this tricolor vanilla cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
19 thoughts on “Tricolor eggless vanilla cake recipe/ Eggless sponge cake recipe / Eggless vanilla cake recipe”
All your recipes are so easy to make. Today I’ve tried the custard cake , so easy and yummy. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes ❤
Thank you so much Sabeena for those bunch of lovely words. I am glad you liked it 🙂
So yummy it is. Happy Independence day 🙂
Such a beautiful share and the cake looks damn yumm !
Thank you so much Jyo 🙂
Cake looks yummy….want to make for my little one. But is it possible to make it in an oven rather than a microwave ….?
Hi.. this is made in OTG only
Sugar used for cake is powder sugar ah mam ???
Hi, I used regular sugar
Ma’am which oven should we buy. All your recipes are too good