This Berry Jam Cake is a fluffy vanilla cake which has berry flavour from berry blast jam and has berry blast jam filling inside the cake. The combination of soft vanilla cake and berry jam is divine. A soft, spongy, fruity and delicious cake perfect for any season.
I got the inspiration to make this mixed berry jam cake after my successful experiment with mixed fruit jam cake. I will be sharing the recipe of the cake here as soon as I recreate them again and click pictures of it.
What makes this cake so special is the berry jam that’s mixed into the cake batter and also a layer of jam in between the cake batter; the end result is amazing. When you slice the cake you will see the berry jam scattered in and around the cake. It also gives the cake a sweet and slightly tangy taste and flavor. If you like cakes and you like berry flavour, you will love this cake.
FEW VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTES FOR BERRY JAM CAKE
Adding berries in the form of fresh, jam or compote is always a good idea because it creates the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. You can either make your own jam or just buy it from the market! I have used store bought berry blast jam from kissan brand. You can try any flavour jam or single flavor like mango jam, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry etc.
HOW TO MAKE MIXED BERRY JAM CAKE
The batter is so easy to put together, you could simply use a hand whisk to combine everything. You can also use a stand mixer if you want. But the recipe is so simple and straight forward that hand whisk works out for me. Just combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold them together to make a smooth batter. Done! Plus, the ingredients are all basic ingredients used for making cakes. Isn’t it nice and straight forward?
I HOPE YOU’LL LIKE THIS BERRY BLAST JAM CAKE. THIS BERRY JAM CAKE IS:
• Super easy
• So delicious
• Can be made vegan
• Can be made gluten-free
• Can be made with homemade jam of any flavor
• Can be made in layers with jam fillings in between the layers and frosted with any of your favourite frosting
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MORE EGGLESS CAKE RECIPES, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
• Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
• Chocolate Wine Fruit Cake
• Multigrain Banana Cake
• Vegan Coconut Cake
• Banana Chocolate Cake
• Semolina Carrot Cake
• Protein Rich Nuts & Seed Cake
•Banana Walnut Cake
• Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
• Custard Powder Cake
• Mawa Pistachios Cake
• Chocolate Vanilla Cake
• Hot Milk Suji/Semolina Cake
• Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache
• Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
USEFUL TIPS AND NOTES:
• Mix the curd and baking soda and let it stand for 5-10 mins to let it react. The reaction of curd with baking soda releases carbon dioxide and this reaction aerates the batter which helps in leavening the cake resulting to a perfect baked cake. You get soft, fluffy, spongy and moist cake.
• To make this cake vegan you can use non-dairy yogurt and milk.
• To make this cake gluten-free I recommend using a gluten-free flour or mix of gluten-free flours.
• You can use any flavour homemade jam or compote instead of store bought one.
• All ingredients should be at room temperature.
• Sieve the flour 2-3 times, this helps in getting a nice texture to the cake.
• Each oven reacts differently so baking time may differ since the temperature varries from oven to oven.
• Do not open the oven frequently to check the cake while baking is in process.
• Always use the perfect and correct size of cake pan.
So guys do try this easy jam cake recipe and share your thoughts about the with me too. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
☆ Measuring cup used is 240 ml
Ingredients to make Berry Jam cake:
1 cup All Purpose Flour / Whole Wheat Flour
¼ cup Oil
½ cup Sugar / Brown Sugar
1 cup Berry Blast Jam (store bought)
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Curd
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Milk
How to make Berry Jam Cake:
Take the jam and blend it in a blender to make it smooth and puree like. Keep aside.
Preheat oven at 180° C for 10 mins. Grease a cake pan and set aside. I have used 5½ inches cake tin for this recipe.
Seive the flour and baking powder 2-3 times, mix well and set aside.
In a mixing bowl add the curd and whisk it smooth with a wired hand whisk. Add the baking soda and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
In another mixing bowl add the oil, sugar and whisk well and let sugar dissolve.
Add the vanilla extract, curd mixture and mix well.
Add the flour and baking powder mixture and fold it gently to make a smooth batter.
Pour ½ portion of the jam puree into the batter and mixed gently.
Now pour ¾ portion of the batter into the greased pan. Pour the remaining jam puree and gently spread over the batter.
Now pour the remaining batter over it and gently level it. Make sure to tap the cake tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles.
Bake the cake on preheated oven at 180° C for 35 minutes.
A toothpick or skewer inserted should come out clean. Baking time will differ depending upon one’s oven temperature. So start checking from 30 minutes onwards.
Take out of the oven, let it stand for 5-10 mins. Invert and let it cool down completely. Cut and serve.
Enjoy your berry jam cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
Well, if you make this berry jam cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.