Apple Cinnamon Cake is an eggless and incredibly delicious cake. It is a moist and soft cake filled with fresh apple and beautiful cinnamon flavor. The perfect breakfast, dessert or snack cake. Cinnamon and apple are like matches made in heaven. It is a super easy and simply recipe that you’ll love to make it over again!
If you are searching for a soft and flavorful cake, then you have landed on the right place. Wanting to make a moist, tender and the best apple cinnamon cake at home? Then, do try my easy and simple apple cinnamon cake recipe. I bet it won’t disappoint you and your family is going to love this apple cinnamon cake. Nothing is like that amazing combination of cinnamon and apples.
ABOUT APPLE CINNAMON CAKE
Apple Cinnamon Cake is a delicious tender cake made from fresh apples, with a hint of cinnamon. If you love cinnamon flavor, this cake is surely a delight and you won’t be able to stop yourself to devour this delicious cake.
The combination of cinnamon and apples in this cake is amazing. The cake is so moist and tender. It not only gets flavor from the cinnamon, but also from the fresh chopped apples. The apple not only adds wonderful flavor but so much moisture that the end result is incredibly moist, soft and fluffy cake.
This apple cinnamon cake is one of my oldest recipe. It is one of the best cake I have made and is so easy to make. I am happy I could recreate the recipe so that I could blog it for my readers. It is tried and tested by many and got awesome feedbacks. I am sure you too will love it as much as we did.
It is a comforting cake. I make it very often for tea time, for quick snack, use it in pudding dessert or serve as dessert with whipped cream or cheese cream with dry/fresh fruits and nuts toppings. You can also serve it with a scoop of icecream as an after meal dessert.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CINNAMON CAKE WITH EGG?
To make this apple cinnamon cake with egg, you may use 2 eggs. First crack the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk it with hand whisk for 2-3 minutes. Next add the jaggery and whisk till the jaggery dissolves. Then add the rest of wet ingredients like buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract one after the other. Rest follow the remaining instructions as mentioned in the recipe instructions below. However you will need to keep two things in mind if you’re adding eggs to this recipe
● First you will need to reduce the buttermilk. Try adding ½ cup first and then add little at a time and adjust the batter consistency once the wet ingredients is added.
● Leave out the baking soda, you need not add them.
WHAT ARE THE VARIATIONS AND INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTES THAT CAN BE ADAPTED?
● This is a great variation – You can make a simple batter without the apple in the batter which is then covered with a sliced apples that have been coated in cinnamon and sugar. The apples soften and sink into the cake as they bake, making a pretty pattern on the top with caramelized texture.
● Another variation is adding the apple in layer in between the cake – You can use some brown sugar or white sugar though brown sugar works best. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon powder and apples. Make a simple batter. Pour half the batter and layer half of the apple brown sugar mixture. Pour the remaining batter. Top it with the remaining apple sugar mixture and bake.
● You can also caramelize apple with brown sugar for the topping which gives it a fantastic taste and flavor.
● You can glaze the cake with cinnamon flavor glaze. Mix confectioners sugar, cinnamon and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cake, allowing some to flow over sides.
● You can add a mixture of dry fruits and nuts as toppings for a crunchy feel and taste.
● You can also add a hint of coffee powder for more flavor and aroma.
● You can substitute whole wheat flour with all purpose flour. For healthier option I have used whole wheat flour.
● You can substitute jaggery with white sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar or any healthier sweetener.
● You can substitute oil with melted butter.
CAN THIS BE MADE VEGAN?
YES, off course you can make this vegan. Firstly replace buttermilk with water or non-dairy milk. Secondly you may use 1 tablespoon vinegar or lime juice or 2 tablespoon flax seeds powder. Grind the flax seed into powder. Mix the flax seed powder with 2-3 tablespoons of water, stir and keep for 10-15 minutes before adding them to the recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS VEGAN RECIPES
APPLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
CHECK OUT THE COMPLETE BAKES & CAKES RECIPES HERE
All of these recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
So give this delectable and addictive cake a try and let me know how much you like it. Do share your thoughts about the recipe with me here! I would love to see that.
Let’s move on to the step by step recipe to make eggless apple cinnamon cake at the comfort of your home. Please do read the important recipe notes below before starting your bake.
Here is a VIDEO of the recipe. Do watch and share your feedbacks. Furthermore if you haven’t subscribed to my channel please do, it will motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. So please like, subscribe and share!
● All ingredients to be at room temperature.
● Always preheat oven before starting your bake.
● Sieve the flour 2-3 times, this helps in getting a nice texture to the cake.
● To make buttermilk at home, in 1 cup milk add 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. Your buttermilk is ready in 5 minutes.
● Be careful with your cake batter. It should not be running. The batter consistency should be slightly thick but flowing. The apple will release lots of moisture whole baking.
● Do not open the oven frequently to check the cake while the baking is in process.
● Each oven reacts differently so baking time may differ since the temperature varries from oven to oven.
● If you can’t finish the cake in a day or two, you need to refrigerate the cake to go good for some few more days. Since the cake is loaded with fresh apples it won’t stay long in room temperature unlike other cakes.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 40 minutes
Serves : 6-8
☆ Measuring cup used is 240 ml
Ingredients to make apple cinnamon cake:
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1 cup Buttermilk (see notes)
1 cup Apple finely chopped
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
¼ cup Oil (60 ml)
⅔ cup Jaggery
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Vanilla extract
¼ tsp Salt
How to make apple cinnamon cake step by step
Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt for 2-3 times. Add cinnamon powder, mix well and set aside.
In a mixing bowl add the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
Add the jaggery, whisk and allow jaggery to melt.
Add oil, apple and stir the mixture well.
Add the flour mixture and gently fold and incorporate them. The batter consistency should not be very running. The apple will release moisture while baking so the batter consistency should be slightly thick.
Preheat the oven @180° C for 10 mins. Grease the cake pan with oil or butter. You can also dust with flour after greasing with oil or line with parchment paper which is optional.
Pour the batter into the greased pan and tap the pan for 3-4 times to release any air bubbles.
Bake the cake at preheated oven @180° C for 40 minutes. Start checking from 35 mins. A tooth pick inserted should come out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it stand for about 5-10 minutes. Demould and let the cake cool down completely on a cooling rack. Cut into slices and serve.
Well, if you make this eggless apple cinnamon cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase the product from Amazon.
MEASURING CUPS & SPOONS SET