Banana Oats Loaf Cake is a nutrient and fibre rich cake. It is healthier cake which can be a great breakfast or a healthy snack for kids tiffin box or after school snacks. It is also a perfect tea time cake.
This healthier banana oats cake is made using a bunch of healthy ingredients which are whole wheat flour, banana and oats. It is fibre and potassium rich cake from the oats and banana. Tried to keep it simple and easy so everyone can try and at the same time keeping health in mind came out with this healthier delicious cake recipe with some nutrients rich ingredients.
You can eat it as a breakfast, snacks or dessert. It is very soft, light and spongy with beautiful flavour from banana and crunchy topping of oats and sesame seeds. This cake is very delicious and filling. Also it’s very easy and simple to make.
Speaking about the healthy ingredients Oats and Banana, we all are familiar how healthy these ingredients are and its health benefits. And how important it is to include this in our daily diet. So what better way to start your day with a delicious healthy breakfast cake and gain your morning nutrition with a yummilicious peice of cake. If you are at rush in the mornings, make it ahead and keep. Next morning you can just grab a peice or two and eat it on the go.
To make this cake even more healthier and diabetic friendly sugar can be substituted with honey. To raise the flavor to another level a hint of cinnamon can be added, I opt this out since my little one does not favour much the cinnamon flavor. With the goodness of whole wheat flour, fibre rich from oats, nutrients rich and amazing flavor from banana this cake is sure a winner.
Overripe bananas are the best to make a banana cake. So next time you have overripe bananas please do not throw away, you know what to do with them. Few of my delicious banana cake recipes from my blog are Banana Chocolate Chips Muffins Muesli Banana Cake Eggless Banana Cranberry Oats Cake. I highly recommend you to try them too.
So without wasting your time any further let’s jump to the recipe. If you like the recipe please do try this easy and healthy recipe and share your feedback in the comments below at your convenience.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Baking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 Bananas riped
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Extra oats for garnish
- Black and white sesame seeds foe garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the oats and mix them well together.
- In a mixing bowl mash the bananas with fork or you can use a blender.
- Add sugar, milk, oil, vanilla essence to the mashed banana and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and gently fold them to make a smooth batter.
- Grease a cake pan and preheat oven @180° for 10 mins.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and garnish with oats and sesame seeds.
- Bake at preheated oven for 30 mins. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Remove from oven, let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Looking forward for your valuable feedback. Happy cooking!