Milk powder cake is a delicious sponge cake that have a rich flavor and texture from milk powder. This eggless milk powder cake is spongy, delicious and so tempting that noone can resist this irresistible and flavorful cake, be it kids or adults. I bet you won’t stop it with a slice!
Milk powder is one of my favourite food and a childhood favourite food of everyone. How I love to eat a spoonful of it just like that. So today I am sharing a cake recipe with milk powder as one of the main ingredient, the hero of the dish. I am sure you gonna love this one!
I bake this cake very often and is a regular one in my home. The more I bake, the more I love this cake. It is so easy to make and delicious with ingredients readily available in the pantry. Moreover milk powder is always available in my pantry and that’s make it so easy for me to make this mind blowing cake often.
I love simple cakes, which is easy to prepare and with mild flavors. I rarely go for frosted cakes. Some of my simple frosting cakes are whole wheat chocolate cake, chocolate cake with ganache and chocolate caramel cupcakes with strawberry whipped cream frosting.
Eggless milk powder cake has an amazing taste, texture and colour. I guarantee one can’t stop with just one slice. My kiddo is fond of cakes and he likes this cake as much as I do. So when it’s loved by all who can resist to make such an easy and delicious cake again and again?
The best thing about this cake it has no eggs, no butter and no condensed milk. Though I have used all purpose flour for this cake, you can replace All purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
This vanilla sponge milk powder cake is perfect for a light dessert with your favourite topping of frosting like whipped cream and cheese cream or can be a great tea/coffee partner and hence can be called as a perfect tea cake.
How To Make Milk powder Cake With Egg?
You can easily make this eggless milk powder cake with eggs.
● You may replace curd/yogurt with 2 eggs.
● Baking soda may be opt out.
● Increase the baking powder from 1 tsp to 1¼ tsp.
● First beat the egg one at a time and rest follow the instructions as it is mentioned below.
Substitution And Variation Of Eggless Milk Powder Cake
● You may replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour for more healthier version.
● You may use 50-50 of Almond flour and APF or WWF. It just taste awesome.
● You may substitute oil with room temperature butter or ghee.
● You can add a light amount of cardamom powder to give a beautiful and extra flavor to the cake.
● You may add add-ons of your choice like tutti frutti, candied fruits, dry fruits & nuts etc. I have used pistachios as topping.
This eggless milk powder vanilla cake is easy and simple to make. It doesn’t require a fancy equipments or technique to make this cake. It takes just 15 mins for preparation and perfectly get baked in 30 minutes and viola you have a perfect soft, light and spongy cake.
This recipe makes the perfect base for making cream cakes and frosting cakes. Light, fluffy and spongy vanilla sponge cake.
You Might Also Like These Eggless Cakes
● Eggless Malai Cake
● Tricolor Vanilla Cake
● Custard Powder Cake
● Berry Jam Cake
● Glazed Orange Bundt Cake
● Tutti Frutti Cake
● Eggless Vanilla Muffins
● Vegan Coconut Cake
● Protein Rich Nut & Seed Cake
● Mawa Pistachios Cake
● Eggless Ghee Cake / Clarified Butter Cake
Check Out The Complete Bakes & Cakes Recipes HERE
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
If you’re fond of simple yet delicious cakes, then this is surely the one to go for! I hope you’ll try this simple and easy recipe and if you do, please do share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
So let’s hear the recipe on how to make an easy tea cake using milk powder and basic baking ingredients at the comfort of your own home. For a perfect outcome please do read the useful tips and notes given at the bottom.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
☆ Measuring cup used is 240 ml
Ingredients to make milk powder cake:
1½ cup All Purpose Flour
¾ cup (12 tbsps) Milk powder
½ cup Curd/Yogurt (120 ml)
¾ cup Sugar (150 gms)
1 cup Milk whole fat
½ cup Oil (120 ml)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2-3 tbsps Pistachios chopped (optional)
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase the product from Amazon.
Instructions to make milk powder cake:
In a mixing bowl add the curd and baking soda, mix and set aside for about 5 mins.
In the curd mixture add milk, oil, vanilla extract, sugar and stir well to dissolve the sugar.
In a mixing bowl seive the flour, milk powder, baking powder for atleast twice. Mix to incorporate them well.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently to make a smooth batter.
Grease a cake pan and preheat oven @180° C for 10 mins.
Pour the batter into the greased pan, tap the pan for 2-3 times.
Garnish with chopped pistachios and bake for 30 minutes. A tooth pick inserted should come out clean.
Remove from oven and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
Invert the cake and let it cool down completely. Cut and serve.
Useful Tips And Notes:
● All ingredients should be at room temperature.
● Sieve the flour 2-3 times, this helps in getting a nice texture to the cake.
● Use thick curd aka yogurt.
● Use whole fat milk for extra richness, taste and texture.
● You may increase the sugar to 1 cup if you prefer more sweeter cake.
● You can garnish the cake with chopped pistachios or with tutti frutti or nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
● Each oven reacts differently so baking time may differ since the temperature varries from oven to oven. Keep a check few minutes ahead of baking time mentioned.
● I have used 2 smaller baking pan for this batter, so got baked in 30 minutes. If you are baking the whole batter in a single larger pan it might take little longer time approximately 35-40 minutes. Bake till a toothpick inserted come out clean.
● Do not open the oven frequently to check the cake while baking is in process
Well, if you make this easy milk powder cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.