This Double Chocolate Coffee Cake is super moist, soft, rich, flavorful and sinfully delicious. It is an eggless cake with whole wheat flour and sweetened with brown sugar.
The texture of the cake is awesome. Seriously next to my superhit Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake. These are amongst the top best texture of all cakes, I’ve ever had and made. Super moist, soft, dense and rich.
This Double Chocolate Coffee Cake is a chocolate lovers dream, a coffee lovers dream, super delicious, very beautiful, a cake for every occasion and season.
Read also : Double Chocolate Muffins
The cake is quick to make. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt. In another large bowl, mix curd, oil, vanilla extract, milk and brewed coffee. Stir in dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Then stir in the chocolate chips and bake to perfection.
I’ve made this cake many times over the past few years and so far it hasn’t been an issue. Adding coffee to chocolate is magical. It makes the chocolate taste richer, darker and more intense.
Read also : Eggless Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Are you a chocolate and a coffee lover? If yes, you should try this sinful chocolate coffee cake and I am sure you will drool over it.
Well if you make this double chocolate coffee cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or tag me with a picture of your cake @ akumrajjamir on Instagram! I would love to see your feedback. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Baking time : 30-35 minutes
Serves : 6-8
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
¼ cup Chocolate chips
¼ cup brewed coffee
½ cup brown sugar (100 grams)
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
¼ cup Hung curd / Yogurt
¼ cup Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
½ cup Milk
¼ tsp Salt
Grease a cake pan and set aside. Preheat oven @180°C for 10 mins.
In a mixing bowl take the curd, stir and make it smooth. Add the baking soda, mix well and set aside for about 5-10 mins until the soda reacts with curd and becomes bubbly.
Take the chocolate chips and mix with ½ tsp flour and set aside.
Seive the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt in a mixing bowl for 2-3 times, mix well and set aside.
Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract, milk to the curd mixture and whisk till the sugar is melted.
Add the brewed coffee and give a gentle stir.
Add in the flour mix and fold gently and make a smooth batter without lumps. Add the chocolate chips reserving some for garnish and give a quick gently stir. Do not over mix the batter. (White chocolate chips for garnish is optional)
Pour the batter into the greased pan and tap the tin for 2-3 times to release any air bubbles.
Garnish with chocolate chips and bake the cake at preheated oven for 30-35 mins. Start checking from 30 mins. A tooth pick inserted should come out clean.
Remove it from the oven, let it cool down for about 5 mins and invert it.
Cut the cake once it cools down completely. Enjoy!
* Most of the time before starting my bake, I mix the curd and baking soda and let it stand for 5-10 mins to let it react. The reaction of curd with baking soda releases carbon dioxide and this reaction aerates the batter which helps in leavening the cake resulting to a perfect baked cake. You get soft, fluffy, spongy and moist cake.
* I have used whole wheat flour for healthier version. You can use all purpose flour too.
* All ingredients should be at room temperature.
* Sieve the flour 2-3 times, this helps in getting a nice texture to the cake.
* Each oven reacts differently so baking time may differ since the temperature varries from oven to oven.
* Do not open the oven frequently to check the cake while baking is in process.
* Always use the perfect and correct size of cake pan.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.