A perfectly baked banana raisin loaf cake that’s so moist and speckled with raisins. Soft and moist banana cake sweeten up with brown sugar for a healthy and simple breakfast, snack, or dessert! This banana raisin cake recipe makes a sweet yet nourishing treat that is easy to put together and delicious to eat.
This soft and moist banana raisin loaf cake is insanely delicious and ridiculously easy to make with a few easy steps. This is one of my favourite cake style snacks. Serve fresh out of the oven with a cup of tea or coffee and even ideal for a light simple breakfast, dessert or as tasty snack!
The cake has a wonderful aroma as it bakes and even when you have a slice after a day. It’s a moist, soft, scrumptious cake with beautiful crumb which are to die for. The flavour of bananas is robust and the bits of the raisin you get in every bite takes it to another level.
Banana and raisin go very well together. This whole wheat banana raisin cake has a burst of flavor. The aroma from the banana and juicy bite of the raisin in each bite of the cake is drool worthy. This banana raisin loaf is insanely delicious that you can’t stop with just one slice! This scrumptious cake does not last more than 24 hours at my house.
Not a fan of raisins? You can try any other kind of dried fruit you enjoy. Or, skip them all together. You can even try it with your favourite nuts or chocolate chips!
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, by now you would have known that most of my cakes are eggless cakes. But this time I made this banana raisin cake with egg since my readers have requested for a egg based banana cake. I am happy to share this easy yet a no fail recipe. I am hoping you will love it as much as we!
But if you are looking for an eggless version of banana bread like cake then this banana nut bread is the closest one. Also I have couple of banana based cakes and muffins in my blog which I am sharing below. Do have a look at them I am sure you would.love to try some of them.
Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Banana walnut cake
Banana Oats Loaf Cake
Chocolate Banana Cake
Multigrain Banana Cake
Banana Cranberry Oats Cake
Muesli Banana Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Banana Muffins
There are two main reasons why I like banana cake. One is taste, and the other is the simplicity of any banana cake recipe. And this banana raisin cake recipe is easy-to-make and tastes fantastic.
USE OVERRIPE BANANAS
When buying bananas, it is best to choose firm and unscarred bananas so you can monitor and figure out the best ways to use your bananas. I always let them over ripe at home when I want to use them kn my bakes. Over ripe bananas are perfect in recipes such as muffins, bread, and cakes. I always recommend to use overripe bananas in baking especially in cakes, muffins to make the very best banana cake with super moist, soft and flavorful outcome, The riper the bananas, the more moist your cakes will be and the more banana flavor it will have! The outcome of the cakes will be tender and packed with full of flavor.
HOW EASY IS THIS BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE?
This banana raisin cake recipe is super simple, easy and fuss-free. It doesn’t require a stand mixer or a hand mixer. There is no fancy equipment required. Just a bowl and a spatula or hand whisk does the work. The batter takes less than 15 minutes to throw together and gets perfectly baked in 35 minutes. This is one of the easiest banana cake recipe and the result is absolutely amazing. I am sure you’ll fall in love with it. Do watch the video tutorial below on how to make this moist banana raisin loaf cake. You will be surprised to see how easy it is to make at the comfort of your home with few easy steps.
● Mash the banana with fork. You can also use blender or mixie.
● In a mixing bowl beat the egg.
● Mix together the beaten egg, brown sugar, mash banana, essence, oil.
● Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix.
● Add in the milk to loosen the batter.
● Add in the rasins and quick mix.
● Transfer the batter to prepared loaf pan and tap the pan for couple of times.
● Top up with rasins and bake as per the recipe.
I made a simple recipe video of this super easy banana raisin loaf cake recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch and SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. It will mean a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE VIDEO TUTORIAL
LETS TALK INGREDIENTS
It is a very basic banana bread recipe. It uses ingredients most commonly found in our pantries.
● Whole Wheat Flour – For a healthier version used whole wheat flour.
● Banana – Used over ripe bananas. Over ripe bananas are best to use in baking.
● Brown Sugar – Brown sugar yields soft and moist cakes. It adds an awesome flavor and texture to the cake. No doubt a healthier option too as compared to refined sugar.
● Milk – Used whole milk. Recommend to use whole milk for extra richness, taste and texture.
● Oil – I have used refined sunflower oil. You can use any flavorless oil. I prefer using oil than butter for a soft and moist outcome.
● Leavening agents (Baking powder & baking soda) – There’s a combination of baking powder and baking soda in this banana raisin loaf cake to give it the perfect amount of lift.
● Egg – I have used only 1 large egg and that does the work as banana itself is a perfect substitute of egg.
● Vanilla Essence – Used vanilla essence. You can choose extract over essence.
● Salt – A dash of salt to balance out the sweetness.
● Raisins – The slightly sweet and tartness from the raisin in this banana cake is amazing. You can feel it in every bite of the cake.
INGREDIENTS SUBSTITUTION IN BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE
● Whole wheat flour can be substituted with all purpose flour (maida) or you can use 50-50 ratio.
● You can use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
● You may also use other healthier sweeteners are jaggery, cane sugar, honey etc.
● You may use butter instead of oil or any flavorless oil will work.
● To make it vegan use any dairy free milk or just even water for the liquid.
● To make an eggless version you may choose anyone of these
☆ Use 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice and use ½ cup milk altogether.
☆ Use ¼ cup curd/yogurt instead of egg.
● You may use black raisins instead of the regular rasins.
● You may use vanilla extract instead of essence.
BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE VARIATIONS
● If you want nutty taste and texture, add nut in the batter also once the batter is ready. Lightly coat the nuts with flour and just throw in the batter and give a quick gentle mix.
● Use nut of your choice like pecans or walnuts etc. You can also use mixed nuts as per your palate preference.
● You may also replace the raisins with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips to make it banana chocolate chips cake.
● You can spice up the cake by adding cinnamon powder. The sweet aroma of the cinnamon adds extra flavor to your cake which will make you drool.
● You can use rum soaked raisins which will take your loaf cake to a different level. Its yummilicious!
● You can also soak the raisin in fruit juice. Any juice you love.
● You can put this batter into muffin tins and make banana raisin muffins.
To make muffins, line a muffin tin with paper liners or just grease it with oil or butter and fill each cup to roughly ¾ full, and bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
HOW TO STORE BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE?
Let the cake cool down completely and store it in airtight container. Banana raisin cake can be kept for upto 2-3 days at room temperature depending upon the temperature of your place. If you need to store it a couple days longer then I suggest storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
HOW TO FREEZE BANANA RAISIN LOAF CAKE?
Cling wrap the cake and put it in a ziploc bag or airtight container then store in the freezer. I prefer to freeze sliced cake so it is much easier to take out the required servings and thaw them for breakfast or snacking. Freeze them for upto 3 months. It goes more than 3 months but best to use it within three months. To thaw the cake, remove from the freezer and allow it to come to room temperature and serve. You can also pop it in the microwave for few seconds and serve.
HERE ARE MORE AWESOME RECIPES TO INSPIRE YOUR NEXT BAKE:
■ Semolina Coconut Cake
■ Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
■ Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
■ Apple Cinnamon Cake
■ Moist Orange Cake
■ Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
■ Chocolate Vanilla Cake
■ Vanilla Cake With Condensed Milk
■ Vegan Coconut Cake
■ Mango Semolina Cake
■ Protein Rich Nut & Seed Cake
■ Eggless Lamingtons
■ Chocolate Ganache Cake
■ Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
■ Whole Wheat Fruit And Nut Cake
■ Chocolate Sponge Cake
If you’re just starting to get into baking, or a novice, nothing could be easier than banana cake. It’s a real confidence booster! Especially when it seems almost too easy to make one that turns out this good.
So try my banana cake with raisins recipe and let me know what you think.
Let’s get started!
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
Serves – 8-10
☆ 1 cup = 240 ml
☆ 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
☆ 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
☆ Pan size = 7×4×3 inches
Ingredients to make banana raisin loaf cake:
1 cup whole wheat flour (125 gms)
2 ripe banana (½ cup mashed banana)
½ cup brown sugar (90 gms)
1 large egg
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup oil (60 ml)
¼ cup whole milk (60 ml)
1 tsp vanilla essence
50 gms raisins or more + some extra for garnish
Step by step pictorial instructions to make banana raisin cake:
PREPARING THE OVEN AND PAN
Preheat oven at 180° C for 10 minutes with both the filaments (rods) switch on.
Grease the loaf pan with oil or butter and place a parchment paper. You can grease the pan and dust it with little flour if you dont have parchment/butter paper. Also you can use any shape pan as per your availability and preference.
PREPARING THE WET INGREDIENTS
Peel the banana and mash them using a fork or masher. You can also use a mixie or blender to do the work. Preferably use over ripe banana for better outcome.
In a mixing bowl add in the egg and beat it well. Add in the brown sugar and mix well until combined. Add in vanilla essence and mash banana. Mix well to combine.
PREPARING THE BATTER
Sieve in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt into the wet ingredients. Add in the oil. ( oil can be added while preparing the wet ingredients. I missed to add it before hence added at this stage). Mix to incorporate into a thick batter. Add milk in batches and make into a semi-thick smooth batter. Add in the raisins and give a gentle quick mix.
BAKING THE LOAF CAKE
Pour the batter onto the prepared pan. Tap the pan for couple of times to release any air bubbles trapped inside. Sprinkle some raisins on the top.
Place the cake pan in the middle rack with both filaments (rods) on. Bake the cake at preheated oven @180° C for 35 minutes. A toothpick or skewer inserted should come out clean. Baking time will differ depending upon your oven temperature and settings. Start checking the doneness of the cake before the above mentioned time.
Remove the cake from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the cake pan and demould the cake. Transfer the cake onto a cooling rack and allow to cool down completely. Slice and enjoy!
● Always preheat oven before starting to bake.
● All ingredients should be at room temperature.
● Whole wheat flour can be substituted with all purpose flour or can bake with 50-50 of both.
● Brown sugar can be substituted with regular refined sugar.
● If you like more sweeter bread, increase the sugar quantity.
● Oil can be substituted with butter.
● Use whole milk for extra richness, taste and texture.
● Other healthier sweeteners like jaggery or cane sugar can be used.
● Every oven reacts differently so baking time may vary.
● Both rods to be switch on.
● If you wish to bake without egg use either of these mentioned below –
☆ Use 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice and use ½ cup milk altogether.
☆ Use ¼ cup curd yogurt instead of egg
Well, if you make this banana raisin loaf cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
SKE™ Iron Sandwich Bread Mould/Tin Box with Cover for Baking- Small 400gms Size 7×3.5×3.5 inch
Syga Carbon Steel Cake Mould Pan, 1 Piece, Black
Ossoro French Vanilla Flavour, 30 ml
Sprig All Natural Bourbon Vanilla Extract Bottle, 50 ml
OMORTEX Kitchen Tools Combo 8 pcs Color Measuring Cups and Spoon Set and Spatula and Brush for Kitchen
QOAL Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg)
Inalsa Kratos 1000W Stand Mixer with Whisking Cone, Mixing Beater & Dough Hook, Champagne
Borosil PRO 42 L OTG, with Motorised Rotisserie and Convection, 2000W, 6 Stage Heat Selection, Black
Bajaj 4500TMCSS 45L Oven Toaster Grill, Silver
Kraftlytouch Handcrafted Square Platter || Food Safe || Acacia Wood || 8 inch || Water Resistant
Craftize Mstore Decorative Colorful Rustic Wooden Serving Tray for Coffee/Tea/Drinks for Living Room/Restaurant (11.5x7x1.5 inch)
T One Woods Round DIY Craft Wooden Log Natural Bark Coaster/Slices, 3 Inches Size – Set of 6
M VILLA Colorful Plastic Mixing Bowl Set for Kitchen | Plastic Soup Bowls | Microwave Safe, Freezer Safe Great for Cooking Serving Salads, Snack, Fruits- Multicolor (750 ml, Set – 4 pcs)