Eggless strawberry cake is a moist and soft cake perfect for tea time. This strawberry tea cake is loaded and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor with the right mix of sweetness and tartness. It’s the quickest and easiest cake you will ever make. No stand mixer, no creaming butter. Just one mixing bowl and a spatula!
You can serve this strawberry cake just like that with tea or coffee or serve it as a dessert with whipped cream and fresh strawberries; the combination surely is classic!
With plenty of fresh strawberries floating in the market, this tea time strawberry cake recipe is a great way to put them into use and enjoy it before it’s off the season.
You’ll be surprised to see how it is easy to make this eggless strawberry tea cake. It was one of the simplest and most delicious tea cake I’d ever made.
It takes less than 15 minutes to whip up the batter and gets perfectly bake under 35 minutes.
Strawberries are perfect for making dessert and snacks such as black rice strawberry mousse, chocolate strawberry ganache cake, chocolate strawberry chilli whisky cake, eggless strawberry pancake or making my favourite strawberry sauce.
This tea time cake can be easily made with other fresh fruits – blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, cherry, mango, black currant etc.
Tea Time Strawberry Cake looks fabulous on its own. No doubt you can decorate it as per your likings to make it more inviting. Here’s some few ways which you can do.
● layer the cake with whipped cream and top with fresh strawberries.
● dust with icing sugar to keep it classic
● make strawberry whipped cream by combining strawberry puree with whipped cream and layer and decorate the cake as per your likings.
● drizzle homemade strawberry sauce and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE EGGLESS STRAWBERRY TEA CAKE
This section explains what all ingredients is used in making the eggless strawberry tea cake, how to use or choose certain ingredients and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
● FLOUR – The recipe uses all purpose flour flour (maida). The cake turned out light and soft. You can use whole wheat flour or 50-50 ratio.
● CORNFLOUR (CORNSTARCH) – Cornflour helps in making the cake lighter in texture.
● MILK POWDER – Milk powder enhances the taste and texture of the cake. You can skip it or swap with 2-3 tablespoon condensed milk.
● SUGAR – White sugar is used here. You can swap with brown sugar for a healthier option.
● FAT – The recipe uses both oil and butter. The oil adds moisture to the cake and the butter enhance the taste and adds a nice buttery taste. You can use any one or use both.
● MILK – Whole milk is used here. You can use plain water instead of milk. Recommend to use whole milk for extra richness and taste.
● BAKING SODA – The reaction between the yogurt and baking soda helps the cake rise.
● BAKING POWDER – Baking powder is used to lighten the texture of the cake. The carbon dioxide released into the cake helps make it light and airy.
● SALT – To enhance the overall flavor and helps to balance out the sweetness too.
● CURD/YOGURT – Used plain thick curd aka yogurt. Curd is used as a substitute to egg. Curd is a key ingredient to achieve the softness and lightness. Also the reaction of baking soda and curd allows the cake a perfect rise and turn out a soft and spongy cake.
● ESSENCE – Vanilla essence is used here. It adds a nice vanilla flavor to the cake. You may also use strawberry essence.
● STRAWBERRY – Used fresh strawbery. You can also use frozen strawberries or can swap with other berries.
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS STRAWBERRY TEA CAKE
This section shows how to make eggless strawberry tea cake with step-by-step photos and details about the technique with video tutorial. For full ingredients measurements, see the recipe card below.
I made a simple video of this tea time strawberry cake recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch to know how I made this delicious recipe. If you liked the video please do SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. Also like, share and comment on it! It will mean a lot to me and really motivate me to come up and shoot more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Tea Time Strawberry Cake Video Tutorial
STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE EGGLESS STRAWBERRY TEA CAKE
Pre -heat the oven to 180° C for 10 minutes with both filaments (rids).
Grease 6 or 7 inches cake tin of your choice with oil or butter and line it with parchment paper or simply dust it with flour.
In a mixing bowl add in the curd and baking soda. Whisk well and keep aside for 5 minutes to foam up.
Add in sugar, butter, oil, vanilla essence and milk to the curd mixture. Mix together until well combined.
Sift in the flour,, cornflour, milk powder, baking powder, salt and sieve them.
Gently fold and mix until everything is well combined and form a smooth batter without lumps.
Add in the strawberries and give a quick mix. Do not over mix at this stage.
Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and tap the pan to release any air bubbles.
Top up with some chopped strawberries.
Bake at preheated oven at 180° C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow the cake to stand for 5 minutes.
Demould the cake and allow the cake to cool down completely. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
● Always start by pre-heating the oven and the cake pan. This is a general rule of thumb in baking
● Grease the cake tin with oil or butter and dust it with flour or use parchment paper.
● All ingredients should be at room temperature for the cake.
● You can use 50:50 ratio of whole wheat and all purpose flour or completely swap with whole wheat flour.
● Cornflour is optional
● You can skip the milk powder or swap it with condensed milk.
● You can use brown sugar instead of regular sugar.
● You can use only oil or butter or can use both as done in this recipe.
● If you want to make egg version use 2 eggs and skip the curd and baking soda.
● Baking time will differ depending upon your oven temperature settings.
Eggless Strawberry Cake
- Mixing bowl
- cake tin
- 240 ml measuring cup set
- 1 cup all purpose flour (minus 2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3 tablespoon milk powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 120 grams curd/yogurt ½ cup
- 100 grams sugar (½ cup)
- 30 grams melted butter (2-3 tablespoon)
- 30 ml oil (2 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 ml whole milk (⅔ cup)
- 150 grams fresh strawberry
- Pre -heat the oven to 180° C for 10 minutes with both filaments (rids).
- Grease 6 or 7 inches cake tin of your choice with oil or butter and line it with parchment paper or simply dust it with flour.
- In a mixing bowl add in the curd and baking soda. Whisk well and keep aside for 5 minutes to foam up.½ teaspoon baking soda, 120 grams curd/yogurt
- Add in sugar, butter, oil, vanilla essence and milk to the curd mixture. Mix together until well combined.100 grams sugar, 30 grams melted butter, 30 ml oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 150 ml whole milk
- Sift in the flour,, cornflour, milk powder, baking powder, salt and sieve them.1 cup all purpose flour, 2 tablespoon cornflour , 3 tablespoon milk powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Gently fold and mix until everything is well combined and form a smooth batter without lumps.
- Add in the strawberries and give a quick mix. Do not over mix at this stage.150 grams fresh strawberry
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and tap the pan to release any air bubbles.
- Top up with some chopped strawberries.150 grams fresh strawberry
- Bake at preheated oven at 180° C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the cake to stand for 5 minutes.
- Demould the cake and allow the cake to cool down completely. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Always start by pre-heating the oven and preparing the cake pan. This is a general rule of thumb in baking
Grease the cake tin with oil or butter and dust it with flour or use parchment paper.
All ingredients should be at room temperature for the cake.
You can use 50:50 ratio of whole wheat and all purpose flour or completely swap with whole wheat flour.
Cornflour is optional
You can skip the milk powder or swap it with condensed milk.
You can use brown sugar instead of regular sugar.
You can use only oil or butter or can use both as done in this recipe.
If you want to make egg version use 2 eggs and skip the curd and baking soda.
Baking time will differ depending upon your oven temperature settings.
Slice strawberry cake into slices and serve with tea or coffee. You can also drizzle strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce or honey or simply dust it with powdered sugar. You can also serve it as a dessert with whipped cream, ganache or cream cheese topping. It can be a great after meal dessert or for any get-together at home.
Eggless strawberry tea cake stays good for 2-3 days at room temperature (stored in airtight container). Refrigerate for longer shelf life upto one week or more. You can also freeze them for upto three months. Wrap each slice in cling film, place them in an airtight container and store in freezer. For serving thaw them in fridge and then allow to come to room temperature over the counter and serve. You can also pop them in the microwave for few seconds to serve it slightly warm.
FEW TEA CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Whole Wheat Almond Dates Cake
Mango Pistachios Muffins
Basic Chocolate Sponge Cake
Custard Tutti Frutti Muffins
Mocha Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Eggless Semolina Coconut Cake
Eggless Vanilla Condensed Milk Cake
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
Eggless Milk Powder Cake
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
Eggless Vanilla Muffins
Whole Wheat Moist Orange Cake
Eggless Malai Cake
Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Cake
Eggless Custard Powder Cake
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake
Mawa Pistachios Cake
Double Chocolate Muffins
Here are all my Bakes & Cakes recipes if you’re craving more baking inspiration.
Well, if you make this eggless strawberry cake recipe, I’ll be glad if you take out some time and rate the recipe and leave a feedback in the comments box below. You can also snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
2 thoughts on “Tea Time Eggless Strawberry Cake / Eggless Strawberry Tea Cake”