This strawberry sauce is incredibly simple and easy to make with only 3 ingredients. This homemade strawberry sauce is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor! It’s sweet and delicious and seriously takes less than 15 minutes to make.
This easy strawberry sauce is one of my favourite sauces to have on hand, especially when strawberry is in season. This strawberry sauce is amazing over anything from desserts to pancakes, waffles, pie, cheesecake, ice cream and many more!
3 ingredient homemade strawberry sauce is smooth, saucy, bursting with sweet strawberry flavor and it’s ready under 15 minutes. This is our favorite and easiest way to make strawberry sauce.
It is so satisfying to make something so simple. Sauces made from fruits are often so simple and quick to make with no artificial flavor and colour. They are bright with fresh flavor and amazing texture. They are wonderful with almost all dish!
Most importantly this strawberry sauce is so versatile. It can be used as a sauce, glaze, topping and filling. Isn’t it amazing? Whether you want to add a sweet strawberry touch to your cheesecake, ice cream, cakes, pancakes, waffles or any dessert, this versatile strawberry sauce is the perfect recipe to have on hand. It only requires three ingredients to create a delicious, fruity sauce that you’ll want to put on everything!
You can make a sauce with just about any berry the same way.
WHY YOU ’ll LOVE THIS HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
● Only 3 ingredients
● Super simple and easy
● Quick and ready under 15 minutes
● No artificial flavor and colour
● No preservatives
● No thickeners required
● Made from fresh strawberries
● It’s versatile, can be used in almost everything
USES FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE
There are endless uses for strawberry sauce. The sky is the limit! Such a gorgeous and insanely delicious strawberry sauce that’s so versatile. It really is as good as it looks – bursting with fresh strawberry flavor! Let me know how you serve your strawberry sauce.
● Cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake, cheesecake pie, mini cheesecake, cheesecake jars.
● Use as a flavouring for milk shakes and smoothies.
● Use as a filling and topping in cupcakes.
● Use as a filling in cake layers.
● Use it to add color and flavor in whipped cream and cream cheese frosting.
● Serve over pancakes, waffles, icecreams, yogurt, overnight oatmeal, oats porridge etc
● Spread over sandwich bread and buns
● Filling for homemade crepes
● Use it in cake batter to make strawberry sponge.
● Serve it over a panna cotta
● Use as layer in trifle and parfait
● Use to flavor custard
● Topping for tea cakes, pound cakes and muffins
● Pour it over tarts and tartlets
● Serve with strawberry cake
● Freeze it to use as popsicles or as sorbet
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
This section explains what all ingredients is used in making the strawberry sauce, how to use or choose certain ingredients and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
STRAWBERRIES: Coarse pureed fresh strawberries is used in this recioe. You can also use frozen strawberries.
LEMON JUICE: It helps to keep the flavor bright and also helps in longer shelf life. You can skip it as well.
SUGAR: We need sugar just enough to sweeten the sauce without taking away from the strawberry’s natural flavor.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE?
This section shows how to make strawberry sauce with step-by-step photos and details about the technique with video tutorial. For full ingredients measurements, see the recipe card below.
I made a simple video of this strawberry sauce recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch to know how I made this delicious recipe. If you liked the video please do SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. Also like, share and comment on it! It will mean a lot to me and really motivate me to come up and shoot more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Strawberry Sauce Video Tutorial
STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
Take the strawberries, rinse, pat dry with clean towel and diced them.
Add them onto the hand chopper and make a coarse puree. You can use food processor to do this.
In a sauce pan or heavy bottom pan add in the strawberry puree, sugar and lemon juice.
Place over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil stirring occasionally. As it come to a boil the mixture will become thin and runny.
Put on the lid and cook over low-medium flame until the mixture thickens.
It will take approximately 10-12 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Please note that the sauce will thicken up more as it cools down and even more after refrigeration.
Remove from heat and allow to cool down completely. Store in a sterilized airtight jar in refrigerator.
● You can also use frozen strawberries.
● Lemon juice is optional.
● Use beautifully ripe strawberries as you’ll get the best flavour that way.
● Use sugar as per the sweetness of your strawberry. You can add more if your strawberries are not very sweet.
● You can add 1-2 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour) if you like. Make a slurry with little water and add in.
● You can follow the same recipe and make other fruit sauces – blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, black currant, mulberry etc.
● Store in clean jars and refrigerate for longer shelf life.
Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- sauce pan
- hand chopper
- 300 grams fresh strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Take the strawberries, rinse, pat dry with clean towel and diced them.
- Add them onto the hand chopper and make a coarse puree. You can use food processor to do this.
- In a sauce pan or heavy bottom pan add in the strawberry puree, sugar and lemon juice.
- Place over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil stirring occasionally. As it come to a boil the mixture will become thin and runny.
- Put on the lid and cook over low-medium flame until the mixture thickens.
- It will take approximately 10-12 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally. Please note that the sauce will thicken up more as it cools down and even more after refrigeration.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down completely. Store in a sterilized airtight jar in refrigerator.
You can also use frozen strawberries.
Lemon juice is optional.
Use beautifully ripe strawberries as you’ll get the best flavour that way.
Use sugar as per the sweetness of your strawberry. You can add more if your strawberries are not very sweet.
You can add 1-2 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour) if you like. Make a slurry with little water and add in.
You can follow the same recipe and make other fruit sauces - blueberry, cranberry, raspberry, black currant, mulberry etc.
Store in clean jars and refrigerate for longer shelf life.
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY SAUCE?
Store strawberry sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can serve it warm or cold.
The sauce may thicken more in the fridge, so if it’s too thick to pour straight out of the fridge, you may want to warm it up a little bit in the microwave or on the stove.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF THIS STRAWBERRY SAUCE?
It will go for upto 2-3 weeks provided it is handled carefully, highly recommend to use clean spoon in every servings. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
HOW TO FREEZE STRAWBERRY SAUCE?
It is very easy to freeze and store this strawberry sauce for later use when strawberry goes out of season. You can make a big batch of strawberry sauce and freeze some for easy use. This is how you can do it: Let the strawberry sauce cool down completely. Put the strawberry sauce in airtight containers or zip-top freezer bags. Freeze for up to three months (freeze the zip-top bags flat). You can even them in ice cube tray. Once freeze, unmold and store in ziploc bags in freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then serve warm or cold.
FEW SAUCE RECIPES
Well, if you make this strawberry sauce recipe, I’ll be glad if you take out some time and rate the recipe and leave a feedback in the comments box below. You can also snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.