And my experiment with black rice continues and today I am sharing a very interesting recipe of the beautiful black rice “Black Rice Strawberry Mousse”. I am super happy with the outcome.
It is an easy and amazingly tasty dessert perfect for any occasion. Make them ahead and serve at parties and any special celebrations.
The combo of Black rice and strawberry is to die for. The flavours were bursting out from both and taste was just heavenly. This recipe does not require gelatine to set and that is the most beautiful part of the recipe.
Black Rice Strawberry Mousse is a creamy and luscious dessert which you gonna fall in love. So do give it a try and let me know, I am sure its gonna be a hit among your friends and family.
So lets see how to make this beautiful, creamy and flavorful dessert.
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- Serves : 6
- 1 cup Black Rice
- 10-12 strawberry chopped
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- Water as required
- Few strawberry slices for garnish
- In a pressure cooker add the washed black rice and water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles or till the black rice is cooked.
- In a sauce pan add the chopped strawberry and sugar and cook on medium heat till the sugar melts completely and you get a sauce like texture and consistency. Turn off and keep aside and let it cool down.
- Once the pressure release open the cooker and add milk and condensed milk and cook on medium heat till it becomes thick and creamy.
- In a blender add the rice, strawberry sauce, cream and blend it until smooth.
- Scoop it in individual serving glass or shot glasses and refrigerate for couple of mins to set.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and served chilled.
- You can replace the condensed milk with milk and add sugar as per your taste.
- A dash of cardamom powder can be added.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you liked the recipe. Please do leave your valuable comments, I would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking!