And my experiment with black rice continues and today I am sharing a very interesting recipe of the beautiful black rice “Black Rice Strawberry Mousse”. I am super happy with the outcome.
It is an easy and amazingly tasty dessert perfect for any occasion. Make them ahead and serve at parties and any special celebrations.
The combo of Black rice and strawberry is to die for. The flavours were bursting out from both and taste was just heavenly. This recipe does not require gelatine to set and that is the most beautiful part of the recipe.
Black rice can be a versatile ingredient and can make variety of dishes like Cake, Salad, Risotto, Kheer etc. Do have a look at these recipes too, I am sure you will get hold of some of them and try it for yourself and your loved ones.
Black Rice Strawberry Mousse is a creamy and luscious dessert which you gonna fall in love. So do give it a try and let me know, I am sure its gonna be a hit among your friends and family.
FEW INDIAN SWEETS AND DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
● Colourful Sweet Boondi
● Mango Rasmalai
● Sooji Ka Halwa
● Bread Dates Halwa
● Baked Rasgulla
● Tricolor Semiya
● Steamed Mango Yogurt
● Milk Cake / Kalakand
● Kadalai Paruppu Payasam
● Bread Gulab Jamun
● Mixed Fruit & Nuts Kheer
● Black Rice Kheer
So lets see how to make this beautiful, creamy and flavorful dessert.
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- Serves : 6
- 1 cup Black Rice
- 10-12 strawberry chopped
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- Water as required
- Few strawberry slices for garnish
- In a pressure cooker add the washed black rice and water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles or till the black rice is cooked.
- In a sauce pan add the chopped strawberry and sugar and cook on medium heat till the sugar melts completely and you get a sauce like texture and consistency. Turn off and keep aside and let it cool down.
- Once the pressure release open the cooker and add milk and condensed milk and cook on medium heat till it becomes thick and creamy.
- In a blender add the rice, strawberry sauce, cream and blend it until smooth.
- Scoop it in individual serving glass or shot glasses and refrigerate for couple of mins to set.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and served chilled.
- You can replace the condensed milk with milk and add sugar as per your taste.
- A dash of cardamom powder can be added.
Well, if you make this black rice strawberry mousse, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
19 thoughts on “Black rice strawberry mousse recipe / How to make black rice strawberry mousse/ Strawberry mousse recipe”
Wow ! This looks healthy & tasty as well !!
Thank you Megala ☺
This looks so yummy!
Thank you Antara ☺
This looks delicious and a good way to add in the berries.
Thank you so much 🙂