Homemade Chocolate Sauce is incredibly easy to make and very much better than the store bought chocolate sauce. Whip up a batch in only 5 minutes and then drizzle it on all your favorite desserts!
Don’t have chocolate sauce at home and need it immediately? Don’t worry, you have landed at the right place. Try this extremely easy 5 minutes chocolate sauce. It is much better than the packaged chocolate sauce. I bet you’ll make them over again!
This is the BEST chocolate sauce recipe I’ve been making over the years. This is the absolute favorite in my repertoire. I came up with it years ago when I was compelled to create a chocolate sauce that was rich, thick, glossy for one of my favourite chocolate cake recipe.
You only need a few ingredients to make this homemade chocolate sauce and it tastes better than any chocolate syrup you can buy at the store. Silky smooth, glossy, not overly sweet, and incredibly chocolatey. This is the chocolate sauce I make each time I need it.
I love my chocolate sauce with chocolate. It makes the sauce richer in taste and texture. Many don’t use chocolate for making chocolate sauce. They make the work done with cocoa powder and cornstarch. To be honest I don’t like using cornstarch in my chocolate sauce.
Here I have used Ossoro’s cocoa powder. You can use any brand of cocoa powder, but make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder.
I used a bit of butter in my chocolate sauce which tends to give an extra gloss to the chocolate sauce, though adding butter is totally optional. You just need to use a good quality chocolate and cocoa powder. You’ll appreciate the difference in this intensely dark and flavorful chocolate sauce.
Then comes the essence, though you can skip the essence here. I have used Ossoro’s chocolate truffle essence. You can totally skip the essence or use vanilla or chocolate essence.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHOCOLATE SAUCE
● Quick and easy
● Ready in 5 minutes
● No preservatives
● So smooth, thick and glossy
● It has chocolate which makes it chocolatey and richer.
● Requires only a handful of pantry items
● No plain flour or cornstarch used
● Better than packaged chocolate syrup
Making homemade chocolate sauce is not only economical but also free from any preservatives. It is ridiculously easy to make at home and takes only few minutes of your time. It is also convenient for you that you don’t need to go to the store to buy the sauce when you need it, you could have already made some and be enjoying it. That’s how quick and easy this homemade chocolate sauce recipe is. Are you buying the chocolate sauce/syrup from store? Stop from now on and make your own chocolate sauce.
I have made a small batch of it. But of course you can double the recipe as needed.
I always keep a jar of chocolate sauce on hand to take a simple ice cream or a cake or dessert to the next level and make it an extra special treat. I also gulp a spoonful of the chocolate sauce when I carve something very chocolatey or to kill my sweet tooth carving. My little one is mad after this chocolate sauce.
You’ll find endless uses of it once you make it for yourself.
What Ingredients do I need for this Homemade Chocolate Sauce recipe? LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS. You will need only few ingredients to make this super easy homemade chocolate sauce.
● Sugar – Granulated sugar is used here.
● Chocolate – I’ve used dark chocolate but you can also use milk chocolate.
● Cocoa powder – Ossoro’s unsweetened cocoa powder is used. You can use any brand of cocoa powder, but make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder.
● Butter – Stir in a tablespoon of butter for an extra touch of richness. It also give a nice gloss to the sauce. Well using butter is optional here.
● Water – Used room temperature water.
● Chocolate truffle essence – Ossoro’s chocolate truffle essence is used in this chocolate sauce recipe. A few drops of this essence does the work.
● Granulated sugar can be substituted with brown sugar.
● Use your choice of chocolate like milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
● Ossoro’s chocolate truffle essence can be substituted with vanilla essence or chocolate essence.
● You can use milk instead of water. Use whole milk for extra richness.
VARIATIONS FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
● Use milk instead of water for a creamier texture.
● Turn it into mocha chocolate sauce by including a teaspoon of espresso powder or coffee powder.
● Give it a spicy Mexican flair by adding a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
● You can make chocolate sauce with a combination of cocoa powder and cornstarch if you don’t want to use chocolate. Add 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in bit of water and add. You will need to increase the liquid to 150-200 ml, depends upon the thickness of sauce you want. You can increase the sugar upto ½ cup (100 grams)
I made a simple recipe video of this super easy chocolate sauce recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch and SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. It will mean a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE SAUCE VIDEO TUTORIAL
WHAT TO USE CHOCOLATE SAUCE FOR?
SOME SERVING SUGGESTION
● Drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of ice cream, cake, brownies, pancakes, waffles, donuts etc.
● Drizzle over pan cakes and waffles.
● Drizzle it over your favourite dessert
● Stir it into milk.
● Use it to make chocolate milkshakes.
● Drizzle it over tea cakes, donuts and brownies
● Layered it in a chocolate trifle.
● Use it as a dip for fruit.
● Spread a layer on top of cream in layer/frosting cakes
● Pour some in whipped cream to make chocolate flavor whipped cream.
● Use as a garnish on top of milkshake, cold coffee or smoothies.
So next time when your kid asks for chocolate milk, simply mix a tablespoon of this homemade sauce with a glass of milk. Voila, delicious chocolate milk is ready.
Store the chocolate sauce in a jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Rewarm before serving if required.
Love chocolate sauce? Give this super quick, easy and simple homemade chocolate sauce recipe a try which simply takes only 5 minutes to make. Top this hot chocolate sauce over ice creams or a favourite dessert or even into your milkshake at home. Satisfy your chocolate craving with this chocolate sauce – it’s guaranteed happiness!
SOME CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY TO SERVE WITH THIS DECADENT CHOCOLATE SAUCE
● Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
● Chocolate Sponge Cake
● Vanilla Sponge Cake With Condensed Milk
● Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
● Moist Orange Cake
● Banana Walnut Cake
● Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
● Chocolate Lava Mug Cake ( OTG version)
● Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
● Banana Chocolate Cake
● Eggless Lamingtons
● Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
● Custard Powder Cake
● Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
● Apple Cinnamon Cake
● Banana Nut Bread
● Banana Raisin Loaf Cake
Here are all my Bakes & Cakes recipes if you’re craving more baking inspiration.
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
I hope you love this quick and simple recipe. Do give it a try and don’t forget to share your thoughts about the recipe with me here. So let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 150 ml Jar
☆ 1 cup = 240 ml
☆ 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
☆ 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Ingredients to make homemade chocolate sauce:
67 grams / ⅓ cup sugar
60 grams / ¼ cup +2 tbsp dark chocolate
45 grams / ⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp / 15 grams butter (optional)
½ cup / 120 ml water
3-4 drops Ossoro chocolate truffle essence (optional)
(You can use vanilla essence or chocolate essence – 1 tsp)
Step by step pictorial instructions to make homemade chocolate sauce
Take sugar, cocoa powder and water in a saucepan.
Stir well to combine and make sure there are no lumps.
Now turn on the heat to low-medium flame. Keep cooking stirring it constantly.
As soon as the mixture started to heat up, the mixture will thicken up and gets darker in color. It will take only approximately 2-3 minutes.
Once the mixture becomes thick (coat the spoon), reduce the flame to low and add the chopped chocolate, essence and butter. Stir it constantly for about a minute and once the chocolate started melting turn off the stove.
Continue stirring the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and your thick, glossy and silky smooth chocolate sauce is ready.
It will thicken more as it cools down. Allow to cool down completely and store in a sterilized jar.
Well, if you make this easy homemade chocolate sauce, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the link if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Sprig Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla | Natural Vanilla Extract | Better than Chemical Vanilla Essence | For Chefs & Home Cooks | Baking & Dessert making |100% Natural Vanilla | Alcohol free | Bourbon Processed | 50 ml