Christmas cake truffles are one of the best bite-sized dessert made wih leftover Christmas cake. These are prepared using crumb and leftover fruit cake. They are decadent and are insanely delicious. Cakey inside and chocolaty outside with full of dry fruits and nuts covered with chocolate. You just can’t stop with one!
Cake Truffles are fabulous makeover using leftover cake. Don’t let your leftover fruit cake or every crumb of your favourite cake go to waste! Turn leftover Christmas cake into these Christmas cake balls aka Christmas cake truffles dipped in melted chocolate. I am sure everyone in the family would love these one!
Do try these fruit cake truffles next time you make your own Christmas cake if you haven’t tried yet. The good thing about these truffles is, you can make these with any leftover Christmas Pudding or Fruit Cake. These truffles are sure to impress and I bet you won’t regret trying it!
I’ve made these gorgeous christmas cake truffles out of my Last Minute Christmas Cake. You can also try these recipe with my best holiday fruit cake. The latter is an alcoholic fruit cake. You can make these truffles out of any Christmas cake.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS CAKE TRUFFLES
● These chocolate truffles are a great way of using up leftover christmas cake.
● They are super quick and easy to make.
● These can be made with any kind of Christmas cake, fruit cake or plum cake.
● Nobody can ever resist a really good cake truffle!
● They are great for gifting for family and friends during festive seasons.
● They can be freezed and stored for months.
Personally, I love fruit cake and turning them into a truffle with the crumb and leftover is even more interesting and delicious.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CHRISTMAS CAKE TRUFFLES
This section explains what all ingredients is used in making the Christmas cake truffle, how to use or choose certain ingredients and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
Making cake balls like these fruitcake balls could not be simpler. You just need three things!
LEFTOVER CHRISTMAS CAKE – I have used leftover and crumb of my last minute christmas cake.
SUBSTITUTE – You can use any fruit cake or even sponge cake to make this cake balls.
PEANUT BUTTER – I used my homemade peanut butter. This will help in binding the mixture into balls.
SUBSTITUTE – You can substitute it with milk or alcohol like rum, wine etc if you want it an alcoholic version.
MELTER CHOCOLATE – I used dark chocolate and white chocolate for coating the cake balls.
SUBSTITUTE – Milk chocolate
SPRINKLES – This is optional.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CAKE TRUFFLES
This section shows how to make Christmas cake truffles with step-by-step photos and details about the technique with video tutorial. For full ingredients measurements, see the recipe card below.
Making fruit cake truffles from leftover fruit cake is very easy. I haven’t used any food processor to crumble the cake since my cake was moist enough. If your cake is dry you may use the food processor to crumble it. Add in the liquid whichever using along with the cake and pulse it just enough that the mixture hold the shape while rolling into balls.
The consistency is good if you take a small portion of the mixture and can form a ball with your hands. You don’t need too much liquid to bind the mixture, just little enough to hold the shape. You want just enough moisture to be able to gather the crumbs together and hold them, but not so much that they are wet, soggy, and falling apart.
Once the fruitcake truffles are formed, you can keep it in the refrigerator for few minutes to set and then dip them in melted chocolate. Let them harden and then store them in the fridge or freezer for later. These Christmas cake truffles is similar to the cake pops. These are great treats to store in the freezer for when the craving strikes.
I made a simple Christmas cake truffles for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch to know how I made this delicious recipe. If you liked the video please do SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. Also like, share and comment on it! It will mean a lot to me and really motivate me to come up and shoot more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Christmas Cake Truffles Video Tutorial
STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CAKE TRUFFLES:
In a mixing bowl add in the Christmas cake. Crumble the cake gentle with your hand.
Add in the peanut butter and mix well to combine.
Take small portion of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place them in a tray or serving platter.
Keep the Christmas cake balls in the refrigerator for few minutes.
Take the melted chocolate. Now deep the cake balls in the melted chocolate covering them fully.
Gently place them in a platter lined with parchment paper.
Use your favourite sprinkle to decorate which is totally optional.
Allow the truffles to set completely and serve or store them in refrigerator for later.
● If your cake is not moist or little dry, you can pulse it in food processor just enough to crumble it.
● Peanut butter can be replaced with milk/water or you can use your choice of alcohol to make an alcoholic version.
● Do not add more liquid to the mixture, just enough to hold the shape.
Christmas Cake Truffles
- Mixing bowl
- 240 ml measuring cup set
- 2-3 cups leftover Christmas cake
- 2 t tablespoon peanut butter (check notes)
- ½+½ cup dark chocolate + white chocolate melted
- 2 tablespoon sprinkle (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add in the Christmas cake. Crumble the cake gentle with your hand.
- Add in the peanut butter and mix well to combine.
- Take small portion of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place them in a tray or serving platter.
- Keep the Christmas cake balls in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Take the melted chocolate. Now deep the cake balls in the melted chocolate covering them fully.
- Gently place them in a platter lined with parchment paper.
- Use your favourite sprinkle to decorate which is totally optional.
- Allow the truffle to set completely and serve or store them in refrigerator for later.
If your cake is not moist or little dry, you can pulse it in food processor just enough to crumble it.
Peanut butter can be replaced with milk/water or you can use your choice of alcohol to make an alcoholic version.
Do not add more liquid to the mixture, just enough to hold the shape.
These Christmas cake truffles can be stored for longer period. Place them in airtight container and freeze them in the freezer. These can be stored for up to 3 months.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
● Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
● 5 Minutes Microwave Chocolate Cake
● Mocha Banana Choco Chip Muffins
● Eggless Lamingtons
● Homemade Chocolate Sauce
● Cranberry Brownies
● Rajma Brownies (Kidney Beans Brownies)
● Chocolate Wine Fruit Cake
● Banana Chocolate Cake
● Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
● Chocolate Banana Muffins
● Double Chocolate Muffins
● Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
● Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
● Chocolate Strawberry Chilly Whisky Cake
● Chocolate Snowballs Rum Infused
● Brownie Cookies
CHECK OUT MY CAKE & BAKES RECIPES IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR MORE BAKING INSPIRATION
All of these recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Well, if you make this Christmas cake truffles recipe, I’ll be glad if you take out some time and rate the recipe and leave a feedback in the comments box below. You can also snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.