Wishing all my readers reading this blog a very happy and blessed Christmas.
Christmas tree pull apart bread is a perfect holiday recipe. Shaped in a triangle tree, this pull apart bread is not only beautiful but delicious. Incredibly easy to make and fun to play with the filling, you never go wrong with it. Stuff that bread with strawberry jam and chocolate chips, sprinkle it with a hint of cinnamon powder and bake until golden and you have a beautiful and delicious festive sweet treat.
I choose to make it a sweet treat with chocolate chips and strawberry jam as fillings. It is such a cute and fantastic holiday treat for friends, family and loved ones!
This christmas tree pull apart bread is a fun and delicious way to decorate your holiday goodie table that you can twist and eat it!
It is definitely a show-stopper for any holiday gatherings and christmas party. This pull apart christmas tree bread is absolutely delicious and surprisingly easy to put together. The best thing is you can make it ahead and on the big day just grab, pull, and munch down!
It’s super easy to put together and good to work with. The dough is so easy to handle and fuss free. Just be sure to keep the dough covered with a damp cloth so it doesn’t dry out while you work on it!
I have used whole wheat flour for making this christmas tree pull apart bread. You may use bread flour or all purpose flour for the recipe.
LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS
To make this pull apart christmas tree bread you will only need flour, yeast, butter, sugar, salt, milk and fillings of your choice. I have used chocolate chips and strawberry jam and a hint of cinnamon powder which is totally optional again. The ingredients are easily available in most households. These simple ingredients when combined together result in cute and absolutely delicious bread sticks which you can twist, pull and eat it! You need to make this!
● Whole wheat flour (atta) – The recipe uses whole wheat flour. You may use bread or all purpose flour as well. I also recommend using the 50:50 ratio of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour.
● Yeast – I have used instant yeast. Instant yeast can be directly added to the flour. However you can also used active dry yeast. If using active dry yeast you need to activate the yeast first and then add to the flour.
● Milk – I have used whole milk. Milk adds richness to the dough resulting in soft crumb, tender and golden crust bread. I recommend using whole milk for extra richness. Milk can be substituted for water, especially if you want to make it vegan.
● Sugar – Sugar feeds the yeast and helps in activation. Yeast will bloom faster if it has sugar so dont skip adding sugar. If making savoury version of this, you can reduce the sugar quantity. I made a sweet version so I used little more sugar in the recipe.
● Butter – Butter makes the bread rich. Room temperature butter will work best! I have used salted or unsalted butter. Anyone will work. You can use oil if you want to make this bread vegan.
● Strawberry jam – I have used strawberry jam for the fillings. You can use any jam or compote of your choice like mixed fruit jam, mixed berry jam, mango jam, orange jam, berry compote, strawberry compote etc.
● Chocolate chips – I have used chocolate chips for fillings. You can use chocolate spread, nutella or any chocolate based spread and sauces.
You can use any variety of chocolate.
● Cinnamon powder – A hint of cinnamon for extra flavor and spice to the bread. You can skip this if you dont like it.
● Salt – To enhance the overall flavor and helps to balance out the sweetness too.
My pull apart bread recipe includes chocolate chips and strawberry jam. You can choose the filling as per your palate preference. There’s a hell lot of options to play wih the filling.
● You can use cream cheese and fresh veggies.
● You can make it a pizza tree with pizza fillings like combination of cheese and pizza seasonings.
● You can use spinach with butter and garlic.
● You can make it cheesy garlic with lots of cheese and garlic.
● You can use use with any meat like minced chicken, shredded ham, bacon, sausages, pepperoni etc.
● You can use cinnamon powder and brown sugar
● You can use any jam or compote of your choice.
● You can use chocolate spread, nutella, peanut butter etc
I made a simple video of christmas tree pull apart bread for my readers which I have shared below. Do watch and please SUBSCRIBE to my channel. It will means a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread Video Tutorial
SOME BREAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
FEW CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Check Out The Complete Bakes & Cakes Recipes HERE
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Try this fun christmassy treat for your guest and loved one this holiday season. I am.sure it will not disappoint you. Do go through the recipe and share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
Let’s get started with the recipe with step by step pictorial instructions and video tutorial.
Preparation time: 2 hours approx
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 2 tree
1 cup = 240 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Ingredients to make pull apart christmas tree bread:
1½ cup Whole wheat flour
½ tsp instant yeast
½ cup warm whole milk
2 tbsp soft butter
2-3 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
½ cup (4 tbsp) Jam
¼ cup (4 tbsp) chocolate chips
½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
Step by step pictorial instructions to make pull apart christmas tree bread:
FOR THE DOUGH:
Seive the flour and salt and mix well together and set aside.
In a bowl, add the warm milk, sugar, instant yeast and soft butter. Mix until well combined.
Now add the flour to the yeast mixture and stir to combine.
Dust lightly the work surface with flour. Now knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it turns soft and non-sticky.
Place the dough in a greased bowl and grease the dough lightly. Cling wrap it and allow to proof in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until doubled. It took only 1 hour for me. Proofing time will vary according to the climatic conditions of the place.
FOR THE PULL APART CHRISTMAS TREE
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking tray with a baking mat or parchment paper. If you dont have them, just grease the baking tray nicely with oil or butter.
After the first proofing the dough will double in size.
Gently deflate the dough and turn out onto a cleaned surface.
Divide the dough in two and roll them out with a rolling pin into a 2-3 mm rectangle sheet.
Transfer one of the rolled sheet to a parchment paper and cut into a triangle tree shape using a knife or pizza cutter.
Now on the shaped tree evenly spread the jam. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder. Spread the chocolate chips all around the tree.
Place the second sheet over it. Trim edges into a triangle shape.
Reserve the trimmings, you can make one more tree out of it. When working with the dough, just keep it covered with a moist cloth to keep it from drying out.
Cut strips of dough and twist gently, pinching the dough firmly together to seal closed.
Make a star with the trimmings and place it on top of the tree.
Cover the prepared tree and let it rest for 25-30 minutes.
Brush the tree nicely with milk wash and bake at preheated oven @180°C for 18-20 minutes or until the tree just begins to brown.
Once out of oven grease butter immediately and cover it with a cloth and stand for 5-10 minutes.
You can dust it lightly with powdered sugar, it looks beautiful.
Enjoy it warm or after cooling down completely.
● Always preheat oven and bake your goodies at preheated oven.
● You can use all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
● Butter can be substituted with oil.
● To make this bread vegan use water and oil for the dough.
● 15-20 minutes is more than enough. Do not over bake it. You want to only bake it till that the breas stays moist and doughy, otherwise it will turn crisp like a cookie.
● Use any filling of your choice .
● You can make it a savoury version by adding cheese and herbs, veggies and meat.
● Baking time will vary from oven to oven, so start checking from 15 minutes onwards.
Well, if you make this Christmas tree pull apart bread, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Grizzly Rectangle Nonstick Wire Cooling Rack Baking Tools (Black)
Being Marwari Premium Dark Chocolate Chips (Choco Chips), 400g Rs. 199
sakoraware Plastic Measuring Spoon and Cup Set (10 pcs) Combo with Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush Set and Stainless Steel Egg Whisker (8 Inches)