These brownie cookies are super easy to make, a serious crowd pleaser, and the perfect indulgent chocolate dessert for any occasion. These super indulgent cookies are delicious with coffee or tea and even perfect for your sweet tooth and chocolate carvings. These soft eggless brownie cookies are the ultimate chocolate cookie for brownie and chocolate lovers!
The best thing about these cookies is they are made of whole wheat flour and turned out a perfect soft and fudgy cookies with crackly top. Seriously these fudgy brownie cookies are out of the world good, you just gonna love this one!
Yes! These brownie cookies are truly easy to make without a hand mixer or any fancy gadgets. All we need is a bowl and a hand whisk or spatula to make a super easy cookie dough which is extremely easy to handle and fuss free.
These brownie cookies are for pure chocolate lovers. The amazing part is that you can control the chocolate’s sweetness and strength by choosing your preferred chocolate. We recommend semi-sweet chocolate. Also adding a touch of espresso powder deepens the chocolate flavor. You can also use milk chocolate for sweeter cookies and bittersweet chocolate or unsweetened chocolate for bittersweet cookies. These chocolates will also lend a deep and dark chocolate cookie.
These eggless fudgy brownie cookies looks just like the dense, fudgy texture of a homemade brownie, but in perfect cookie form. These insanely delicious chocolate cookies seriously do taste just like your favorite brownie. These chocolate brownie cookies are everything you love about a good, fudgy, crinkly brownie…in a cookie!
If you’re a serious chocolate lover you simply have to make these decadent chocolate cookies. It’s so chocolatey with intense chocolate flavor. You’re going to love them so much.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIE COOKIES
Let’s walk through the ingredients in brief that are used to make these ultra soft and fudgy eggless cookies with some SUBSTITUTION mentioned for some of the ingredients. These simple brownie cookies call for all the same ingredients you’d need to make homemade brownies with a few exceptions like you’ll need a little less wet ingredients, but you’ll get the exact same fudgy brownie texture with crackly top.
● Flour – The recipe uses whole wheat flour to make it a healthier version. Whole wheat flour can be easily replaced with the same quantity of all purpose flour.
● Cocoa Powder – Like most chocolate desserts need cocoa powder, this recipe also uses cocoa powder. We have used Ossoro Dutch processed cocoa powder, but any high quality, dutch processed cocoa powder will work well!
● Chocolate – In addition to the cocoa powder you’ll also need some baking chocolate. Make sure you’re using a good quality chocolate. It can be semi-sweet, bittersweet or unsweetened dark chocolate. You can also use milk chocolate which is more sweeter compared to other chocolate. If you’re using milk chocolate you will need to reduce the amount of sugar a little bit as the recipe calls for.
● Butter – Room temperature butter works. You can use either unsalted butter or salted butter. If using salted butter you can omit the salt in the recipe.
● Oil – Oil adds moisture and helps in tender cookies.
● Sugar – We have used fine brown sugar to make these brownie cookies. You can refined sugar or a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar to give you a chewy and perfectly sweet cookie.
● Milk – The recipe uses very little milk to bind the dough as it is an eggless recipe. We recommend using whole milk for extra richness. You can use 1 egg for the recipe if you want to make it with egg. Make sure your egg is at room temperature.
● Baking powder – Baking powder does the work of leavening agent.
● Espresso Powder – Adding espresso powder in chocolate treats enhance and deepens the chocolate flavor. Your cookies will have a deep and rich chocolate flavor. You can use coffee powder if you dont have the espresso powder.
● Vanilla Essence – Used vanilla essence for added flavor. I use vanilla in most of my cookies and cakes as it’s a versatile flavor which goes well with most things.
● Salt – Salt is a key ingredient in sweet treats. It will take your desserts from good to great.
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE COOKIES
The detailed recipe wih ingredients list is given below, but let’s walk through the recipe in brief so you understand each step before you get started.
Start by melting the chopped chocolate and butter using a double boiler method or microwave oven.
To it add in the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, espresso powder, milk and oil. Whisk to make a smooth mixture. This is your wet ingredients.
Seive in the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and salt. Combine wet and dry ingredients and form a cookie dough.
Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes. The dough is easy to handle and can even bake straight away. This cookie dough does not require a long chilling time. This quick chill time helps slightly solidify the chocolate and butter in the dough, which gives the cookies a nice spread but not overly spread cookie. Meanwhile preheat the oven and keep the baking tray ready lined with parchment paper or simply grease it nicely if you dont have parchment paper or baking mat.
Lastly just scoop it and bake it. I strongly recommend using a cookie scoop for getting even size and uniform cookies. I used 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the dough and it got a medium size cookie which was just perfect.
I made a simple recipe video of brownie cookies for my readers which I have shared below. Do watch and please SUBSCRIBE to my channel. It will means a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
BROWNIE COOKIES VIDEO TUTORIAL
TIPS FOR THE BEST BROWNIE COOKIES
To ensure that every bite of these brownie cookies is as fudgy, chocolatey, and decadent as it should be, we need to follow certain tips and tricks which are as simple as that.
● Do not keep the cookie out for long, once it is scoop into the baking tray, bake them immediately. This will help you in getting glossy, crackly top signature brownie finish.
● Use high quality cocoa powder and chocolate to get a perfect brownie cookie. You’ll need a combination of cocoa powder and real chocolate to make these fudgy chocolate cookies. As with all chocolate desserts, it is recommended to use high quality cocoa or chocolate.
● Do not forget the espresso powder. Espresso powder will enhance and deepen the chocolate flavor.
● Don’t over bake the cookies. Your cookies will look like it’s not fully baked as it will look soft and gooey especially in the middle. Don’t worry about it because the cookies will continue to cook and will firm up as they cool down and you’ll be left with perfectly fudgy and soft cookie.
● These cookies are great with toasted pecans or walnuts. Mix them some into the batter, you’ll love them if you’re a friend of nuts.
CAN I FREEZE COOKIE DOUGH?
Absolutely yes! You can freeze the whole dough in a freezer bag or portion the dough out and roll them into balls. Freeze the balls on a baking sheet then transfer to a freezer bag and freeze them. I prefer the latter method as it is much easier. You will just need to take out the required balls whenever you want it and allow to defrost and bake it. The frozen dough can be kept for up to 4 months.
HOW TO STORE BROWNIE COOKIES
These cookies will stay soft, fudgy and tender in room temperature for atleast 5-6 days depending upon the climatic conditions of the place. It’s best to store them in an airtight container to preserve their flavor and texture. These chocolate brownie cookies can also be freezed in an airtight container or freezer bag for upto 3 months.
These rich, fudgy brownie cookies are just melt in your mouth good that every chocolate lovers would love to indulge! I’m sure by now you’re excited to try these scrumptious brownie cookies. Do try it out and also share your thoughts about the recipe with me here in comments. I would love to read it.
FEW COOKIE BROWNIE RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE
FEW COOKIE RECIPES
Check Out The Complete Bakes & Cakes Recipes HERE
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Yeilds: 22 cookies
1 cup = 240 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
Ingredients to make brownie cookies:
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
200 gms chocolate chopped
¼ cup (57 g) butter room temperature
2 tablespoons oil
¾ cup (150 g) brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk room temperature
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee powder
Step by step instructions to make brownie cookies:
Preheat the oven to 180° C (350°F) for 10 minutes. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
In a bowl add in the chopped chocolate and butter. Melt them together using double boiler method. You can microwave them in a microwave safe bowl for few seconds stirring well in between until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Do not overheat the chocolate as this can burn it.
Add in brown sugar, cocoa powder to the melted chocolate mixture and combine them.
Add in vanilla essence, milk, coffee powder, oil and mix well until combined.
Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. The dough will be soft.
Cling wrap the bowl and refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes.
Scoop a tablespoon of the dough and gently press down the scooped dough. You need to press only slightly and not completely flatten the dough.
I have top some of the cookies with chocolate chips.
Use a standard size cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies onto the prepared baking tray. I used 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the dough.
Keep some distance in between the cookies as the cookies will expand as it bakes.
Bake the cookies at a preheated oven @180° C for 12 minutes or until the cookies have crackled and are set on the edges, but still gooey in the middle.
Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them onto a cooling rack.
Enjoy once the cookies has cooled down completely.
● Always preheat oven for 10 minutes before staring your bake.
● Whole wheat flour can be replaced with all purpose flour.
● You can use regular sugar or a mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
● You can bake these cookies with only butter. Oil can be opt out and increase the butter a bit.
● Use good quality chocolate preferably pure chocolate instead of compound chocolate.
● Use any variety chocolate as per your preference like semi-sweet, chocolate chips, unsweetened, bittersweet, milk chocolate etc.
● Use good quality cocoa powder.
● Bake the cookies immediately once scooped in the baking tray.
● You can topped with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips and bake.
● You can mix in some chopped walnuts or toasted pecans.
● Do not over bake the cookies. It will change the texture of the cookies.
● Use espresso powder, if not available use instant coffee powder.
● The baking time will differ as each oven reacts differently. Start check from few minutes ahead of the mention time.
● Maximum 10-12 minutes it will take for baking brownie cookies.
Well, if you make this brownie cookies, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Ossoro Cocoa Powder, 250 GMS, Dutch Processed Alkalised
Ossoro French Vanilla Flavour, 30 ml
Aromatic Vanhouten Professional Premium Dark Chocolate Couverture-1kg
Morde Milk Compound Slab – 400g
Morde Dark Compound Slab – 400g
sakoraware Plastic Measuring Spoon and Cup Set (10 pcs) Combo with Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush Set and Stainless Steel Egg Whisker (8 Inches)
Cake Making Supplies Cake Turntable, Nozzle Set, Measuring Cup & Spoon, Scraper and Stainless Steel Pallet Knife
Being Marwari Premium Dark Chocolate Chips (Choco Chips), 400g
Grizzly Rectangle Nonstick Wire Cooling Rack Baking Tools (Black)
Oddy Ecobake Baking & Cooking Parchment Paper 10″ X 20 Mtrs ( Oddy Uniwraps )
Borosil DIGIPRO 38L, Digital OTG, with Motorised Rotisserie and Convection, 1500W, 4 Stage Heat Selection, Black
All Time – 404755-1 Plastics Classic Mixing Bowl Set, 7 Litre, 3-Pieces, Multicolour
BICHI® Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Kitchen Scale Digital Multipurpose, Weight Machines for Kitchen, Weight Machine, Weight Scale Kitchen, Kitchen Weight Machine, Kitchen Weighing Scale Digital SF 400