I am back today with a dish from my region. The most popular and the most loved dish Smoke Dried Pork With Dry Bamboo Shoot. Pork is one of the most loved meat of the Nagas. No festival or special occasions is complete without pork dishes.
This is a traditional and authentic naga style pork recipe. It is a perfect side dish with lovely flavors. The unique and amazing aroma coming out of the smoked meat, dry bamboo shoot and the magical sichuan peppercorns is just divine and to die for.
It is a simple and easy recipe that requires no fancy cooking techniques and a fuss free recipe. All you need is the ingredients and lots of love 😉.
To preserve the food, a lot of smoking and fermentation happens in Naga Culture. The Naga Cuisine uses mostly meat, fishes, fermented bamboo shoots, fermented soya bean, vegetables, chillies and lots of herbs in their cooking. Most of the dishes are zero oil boiled /steamed and thus it is also considered as one of the healthiest food.
So lets move on to the recipe.
- Preparation time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 45 mins
- Serves : 3-4
- 500 gms Smoked Pork
- ½ cup Dry bamboo shoot
- 1 nos Naga King Chilly (optional) or as per your heat preference
- 8-10 dry red chillies broken
- 2 inches ginger
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sichuan peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Wash the dry bamboo shoot and soak them in cooking water for 5-10 mins. Do not discard the water. You can use it while cooking.
- Wash the smoked pork in hot water 2-3 times and add them in a pot.
- In a mortar and pestle coarsely ground the ginger and garlic just to open the flavour.
- Dry roast the sichuan peppercorns for about 2 mins, crushed them and keep aside.
- Take the smoked Pork, add enough water covering the meat, salt to taste, broken dry red chillies, Naga King Chilly and the soaked dry bamboo shoot along with the water.
- Bring it to a boil and cover the pan and continue to cook on me medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Keep adding water and cook untill the pork is 90% cooked and the water is almost about to dry.
- Now add the crushed ginger garlic, stir well and cook for 3-5 mins.
- Add the crushed roasted sichuan peppercorns, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you liked the recipe. Do leave your valuable feedback as I would love to hear from you all. Till then Happy cooking!