Bread Dates Halwa is inspired by the very popular Indian dessert Bread Ka Halwa. Bread Halwa is one of the most popular Indian dessert and one of the easiest sweet/dessert recipe. Bread Halwa is also very famous in hyderabadi cuisine.
Bread Dates Halwa is a very easy and mouth melting sweet /dessert recipe which can be made in less than 20 mins of time and with ingredients easily available in kitchen. It is prepared with bread slices, dates, milk, ghee and nuts like almond, pistachios and cashewnuts.
I just love the simplicity of this recipe. The breads are roasted in ghee and cooked in milk, sugar and dates puree and served warm or slightly chilled topped with chopped nuts. For this recipe i have used white bread but you can use brown bread or multi grain bread too.
Bread Dates Halwa is a very rich, flavorful and delicious dessert. Adding dates to the recipe has taken the halwa to another level, the outcome is just yummilicious and amazing with more richness, texture, taste and health.
This Halwa serves as a great after meal dessert for any occasions and festivals. So lets move on to the recipe. Please do try this easy and mouth melting dessert recipe and share your feedbacks in the comments below.
- Preparation time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
- Serves : 5-6
- 6 large Sandwich Bread slices
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 2 cups Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar (You can increase as per your sweet preference)
- ¼ cup Dates seedless
- 3-4 tbsps Nuts (almond, pistachios and cashewnuts) finely chopped
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Take the bread slices and cut them into medium cubes. If you want you can trim off the sides of the bread. Keep aside.
- In a blender add the seedless dates and blend them by adding little water. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the bread cubes and roast them till golden and crisp.
- Add the milk over the bread in the same pan and let the bread soak in the milk over low-medium heat.
- Stir continously and with the help of stapula mash the bread pieces.
- Cook for couple of mins till the mixture becomes thick and ghee starts to separate from the sides.
- Add the sugar, dates puree, cardamom powder, finely chopped nuts (reserving few for garnish) and continue to cook stirring it continuously till the sugar melts completely and everything is blended together nicely.
- Take off the heat and sprinkle the remaining nuts and serve warm or slightly chilled.
This Halwa can be stored in a refrigerator for upto a week. Just before serving take out from the refrigerator and slightly heat it and serve.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Please do share your valuable feedbacks, I would love to hear from you all. Enjoy and happy cooking!