Finally today I pulled myself out to blog this mango pickle which was a long pending one and which I made during last mango season 😛 Yes you heard it right, this was made and photographed last year. But off course I did make a batch of it this year. How can I miss to make it when the market is flooded with mangoes.
Mango Thokku is a South Indian style mango pickle recipe made with freshly grated raw mango and few simple basic spice ingredients with no added preservatives and artificial food colour. The spice ingredients used are readily available in our pantry.
This mango thokku is one of my favourite pickle. Apart from having with meals I love to have it just like that alone. It is finger licking delicious and mouthwatering pickle.
Apart from pickles there are also different varieties of chutneys and drinks made of raw mango. I love the aam panna which is a very good for summer. You can have a look at my version of gingery aam panna recipe.
Mango Thokku is quick and easy to make. It doesn’t require much of your time to prepare it and is ready within 30 mins. It is spicy, flavourful and lipsmacking.
It is a great accompaniment for curd rice, dal sambar rice, rotis etc. So do try this easy and mouthwatering mango pickle recipe before the mango season ends and do share your thoughts about the recipe with me.
FEW PICKLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE ARE
FEW CHUTNEY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY
SOME RIPED MANGO RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
All of these recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Let’s move recipe to make homemade mango pickle at the comfort of your home.
- Preparation Time : 10 mins
- Cooking Time : 20 mins
- Serves : 10-15
Ingredients to make mango thokku:
- Raw Mango – 2 large approx 700-800 gms
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilly Powder – 3 tbsp
- A pinch Asafodita
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp dry roasted and coarsely grounded
- Mustard Oil – 1/2 – 1 cup
How to make mango thokku :
- Peel the mangoes and finely grate them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Asafodita and mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add grated mangoes and stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 mins stirring frequently to prevent from burning and sticky to the pan.
- Add salt, chilly powder, stir well and cook for about 5-10 mins.
- The oil will start floating on the top at this point add the ground fenugreek seeds, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
- Let it cool down completely and store in a sterilized airtight jar.
- Always use a clean spoon for every serving.
- Keep the pickle refrigerated.
- Stays good for atleast a month.
Well, if you make this easy homemade mango thokku please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.