Easy Mango Ice Cream / No Churn Mango Ice Cream
This easy homemade mango ice cream is super creamy, sweet and delicious made without an ice cream maker. To make this easy mango ice cream all you need are mangoes, whipping cream and sugar.
It’s been 2½ years since I started my blog and today I am going to publish my 200th blog post. What a ride this has been. Thanks much everyone for being along for the ride. The constant motivation and support I received from all of you have made me reach this milestone. Looking forward for your motivation always. Much love to all! So join in the celebration with Homemade Mango Ice Cream recipe.
This creamy scoopable homemade mango ice cream is far better than the store bought ice cream tubs without any artificial flavor and colour, all made from scratch at home. This easy no-churn recipe is super easy to do at home!
It is one of the easiest ice cream recipe that requires only 3 ingredients with preparation time of less than 10 minutes. It doesn’t require any churning or ice cream maker to make this mango ice cream. Isn’t it amazing? You won’t believe it until you try it. This really is a creamy ice cream made without an ice cream machine.
Summer and mango season comes, ice cream is a must in my house. In summer season especially in India, the markets are flooded with mangoes so we make a good use of it be it raw or riped mangoes. Hence, make a lot of tasty and delicious dishes. So coming to the ice cream, my little one is very fond of ice creams. But this year due to the corona virus pandemic, I was ignoring to his request for ice creams. But finally I decided to make for him atleast once and serve him before the mango season goes off.
So I made the 3 ingredients mango ice cream which is a super easy one. Also I am glad I could photographed it for my blog which I never got the opportunity to do it before. Photographing ice creams is very critical. We need to be quick and act fast since the ice cream starts melting instantly specially in place with high humidity. So this time I decided to shoot and tried my best. Hope you like it!
Mango ice cream is one of the most popular variant of ice cream recipe especially during the summer season or mango season. So when summer approaches and the seasonal fruits hits the market, I buy those fresh fruits and make homemade ice creams and jams.
Rather than buying out from shops, I prefer to make it at home with fresh mangoes, because nothing can beat the taste of fresh and aromatic mangoes in the ice cream without any artificial flavors and colours. The recipe is pretty simple and taste ridiculously delicious. I’m sure you will love every bite of this deliciousness!
What are the ingredients to make this easy mango ice cream?
Let’s talk ingredients!
Mango: I have used alphonso mango for making this ice cream. It is the best variety to make ice cream or any dessert. Alphonso mango are creamy and sweet. It usually gives a creamy texture and natural sweetness to the ice cream or any desserts. The flavor is also very aromatic. If alphonso variety is not available use a good variety mango which is not sour and gives a better texture and flavor.
Whipping cream: I have used 30% fat Amul whipping cream for making this ice cream. Any heavy or whipping cream is important and necessary for making ice creams. The fats in the cream makes the ice cream taste rich and more creamy. The original ice cream recipes will always contain heavy cream or whipping cream. Use any brand heavy or whipping cream.
Sugar: Adding sugar depends upon the variety of mango used in the recipe. We need not add a lot of sugar if the mango has natural sweetness. Sugar can be adjusted just to suit your taste bud. Another reason for adding less sugar is some whipping cream has already sugar in it. So if your mango and cream are sweet enough, you can skip adding sugar or add just as required.
How to make this easy mango ice cream?
Make a mango puree: Wash the mangoes and peel the skin. Dice them into cubes. Blend them into a fine puree along with sugar without adding water using a mixie or blender. Taste the puree and add sugar if required. This step is not required if you are using g canned mango puree. You just need to taste the sweetness and add sugar if required.
Whipping the cream: Before starting off make sure you chill the whipping cream for sometime; this will help to whip the cream nicely and pretty faster. Add the whipping cream in a mixing bowl. Whip the cream using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, until soft peaks form. You can also use a manual hand whisk if you don’t have them but it will take little longer time.
Mixing the ice cream mixture: Add the mango puree to the whipped cream and mix them just until they are well combined. Do not overmix them. It will just take a minute or two.
Freezing the ice cream mixture: Pour the combined mango and cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container, level it nicely and cover it with a lid. Freeze the ice cream for 7-8 hours or overnight until it is set well. The freezing time depends upon the kind of refrigerator you have. If your refrigerator is quick freeze it will take lesser time to get freezed.
Serving the ice cream: Remove from the freezer and let it stand for about 3-5 minutes to let it slightly soften. Use an ice cream scooper or a multi purpose scoop to scoop them. Scoop and serve!
How to make this vegan?
To make this mango ice cream vegan, you can non-dairy whipping cream, coconut cream, full fat coconut milk, almond milk etc.
Can store bought canned mango puree be used to make this ice cream?
Absolutely yes! The measurement remains the same. You just need to taste the puree and check the sweetness and add sugar if required.
What kind of mango should I use?
Alphonso mango is the best to make ice cream or any kind of desserts because of its creaminess, sweetness, natural aromatic flavor and rich taste. If alphonso mango is not available you can also use any other better variety mango which is sweet and will give creamy texture.
Can add-ons be added to the ice cream?
Yes why not! You can add the add-ons as per your taste buds. You can add candied fruits, dry fruits, nuts like cashew, pistachios, almonds. The ice cream taste great with the add-ons giving a nutty texture and crunch in every scoop of it. Also I like the addition of chocolate chunks or chocolate chips to the ice cream. You can use any variety of chocolate be it milk, dark or white chocolate. All these addition takes the ice cream to another level.
How to store this homemade ice cream?
You can freeze this ice cream for up to 2-3 months in an airtight freezer safe container.
Serve this creamy mango ice cream plain as it is or topped with some candied fruits, chopped dry fruits & nuts, preferred chocolate chips or dizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
Ingredients substitution for this mango ice cream:
● Sugar can be substituted with condensed milk. You can add upto ½ cup condensed milk for this recipe. If your mango and cream are sweet enough, you can add ¼ cup condensed milk or as per your preference.
● You can use store bought canned mango puree.
● Whipping cream can be substituted with any brand regular cream or heavy cream. If you’re in India you can Amul fresh cream also for making his ice cream.
● Sugar can be substituted with honey or other healthier sweeteners.
Alternate method for making this mango ice cream:
This method is done using blender or mixie. If you are using regular cream instead of whipping cream, you can use this straight forward method.
Add the mango puree, cream, condensed milk or sugar or whatever sweetner you are using. Blend them together for a minute or two. Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and cover a lid. Freeze them overnight or until set. Scoop and serve!
Few more mango recipes from the blog
● Mango Frozen Yogurt
● Homemade Mango Jam ( 3 ingredients)
● Mango Pickle
● Mango Thokku / Grated Mango Pickle
● Gingery Aam Panna /Indian Raw Mango Drink
● Eggless Mango Semolina Cake
● Steamed Mango Yogurt
● Mango Rasmalai
● Spicy Mango Chicken Wings
● Watermelon Pineapple Mango Salad
● Non-alcoholic Sangria
Check out some interesting Desserts recipes from my blog, I am sure you would love to try out some of it.
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
It is always amazing to indulge in something delicious, decadent and cold, now and then especially during hot summer days! How about this extremely simple and easy homemade mango ice cream? I’m sure there’s no better way of indulging this yummiest mango ice cream as an after meal dessert or indulge just like that in any time of the day!
Do try out this easy homemade mango ice cream with just 3 ingredients and share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
So let’s get started with step by step pictorial and video recipe. Please read the important NOTES given below before starting to make the ice cream for easy understanding and to get a perfect homemade ice cream.
I made a simple recipe video of easy homemade mango ice cream for my readers which I have shared below. Do watch and please SUBSCRIBE to my channel. It will mean a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Easy Homemade Mango Ice Cream
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time 7-8 hours or overnight
☆ Measuring cup used is 240 ml
Step by step pictorial instructions to make mango ice cream:
To prepare mango puree, wash the mangoes and peel off the skin. Dice the mango into chunks or small cubes. Add the mangoes and sugar in a blender or mixie jar.
Blend it to a fine smooth puree without adding any water. Taste the puree and if required add sugar accordingly.
In a mixing bow pour the chilled whipping cream. Start whipping the cream using an electric hand beater in low speed for 1-2 minutes. You can use a stand mixer as well.
Increase the speed to high and continue to whip the cream for a minute or two till soft peaks is formed.
Add mango puree in the whipped cream.
Using a spatula mix them until well combined. You can use a hand whisk too.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer friendly container. Level it and cover with a lid. Freeze them for 7-8 hours or overnight until set.
Remove from freezer and let it stand for about 5 minutes to soften slightly, then scoop and serve!
● Alphonso mango is the best variety of mango for making ice cream or any dessert. If it is not available using a good variety mango which is sweet and gives a creamy texture.
● You can use any brand cream or whipping cream available as per your location.
● You may adjust the amount of sugar according to the taste of the mango. Yiu can plus or minus the quantity accordingly.
● You can use canned mango puree. If you are using canned mango puree, adjust the amount of sugar as per taste.
● Do not add even a drop of water while making the mango puree.
● I have used 30% fat Amul whipping cream. You can also using Amul fresh cream for making this ice cream.
● Do not overmix the ice cream mixture, mix until just combined.
● You can add few drops of vanilla extract or essence, I haven’t use it since i have used alphonso mango, it is so aromatic so happy to keep it natural flavor.
Homemade Mango Ice Cream (3 Ingredients)
- electric hand beater
- mixie blender
- air-tight container
- Mixing bowl
- 1¼ cup mango puree (250 grams)
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- ½ cup sugar (100 grams)
- To prepare mango puree, wash the mangoes and peel off the skin. Dice the mango into chunks or small cubes. Add the mangoes and sugar in a blender or mixie jar.
- Blend it to a fine smooth puree without adding any water. Taste the puree and if required add sugar accordingly.
- In a mixing bow pour the chilled whipping cream. Start whipping the cream using an electric hand beater in low speed for 1-2 minutes. You can use a stand mixer as well.
- Increase the speed to high and continue to whip the cream for a minute or two till soft peaks is formed.
- Add mango puree in the whipped cream.
- Using a spatula mix them until well combined. You can use a hand whisk too.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer friendly container. Level it and cover with a lid. Freeze them for 7-8 hours or overnight until set.
- Remove from freezer and let it stand for about 5 minutes to soften slightly, then scoop and serve!
- Alphonso mango is the best variety of mango for making ice cream or any dessert. If it is not available using a good variety mango which is sweet and gives a creamy texture.
- You can use any brand cream or whipping cream available as per your location.
- You may adjust the amount of sugar according to the taste of the mango. Yiu can plus or minus the quantity accordingly.
- You can use canned mango puree. If you are using canned mango puree, adjust the amount of sugar as per taste.
- Do not add even a drop of water while making the mango puree.
- I have used 30% fat Amul whipping cream. You can also using Amul fresh cream for making this ice cream.
- Do not overmix the ice cream mixture, mix until just combined.
- You can add few drops of vanilla extract or essence, I haven’t use it since i have used alphonso mango, it is so aromatic so happy to keep it natural flavor.
My son says I want a bowl full of mango ice cream so here it is!
Well, if you make this easy homemade mango ice cream, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Philips HL7505/02 500-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (Red)- Dry jar, Chutney and Wet jar
Orpat HHB-100E WOB 250-Watt Hand Blender (White)
Inalsa Hand Mixer Easy Mix | Powerful 250 Watt Motor | Variable 7 Speed Control | 1 Year Warranty | (White/Red)
Philips HR3705/10 300-Watt Hand Mixer
OMORTEX Women’s First Choice 10 Pcs Color Measuring Cups and Spoon Set
Combo of Plastic Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl with Stainless Steel Whisker Egg Beater Latte Maker for Baking, Mixing, Whisking, Beating, Stirring & Blending by Homeleven (2000 ml, 1000 ml, 500 ml)
Treo by Milton Mixing Bowl with Easy Lid, 1500 ml, Blue