Are you looking for a tandoori recipe prepared without using tandoor or oven? Here it is, a recipe of fish and prawn tandoori made using a pan and infused a smoky flavor using the dhungar method.
Dhungar method is an ancient technique of smoking and infusing the flavor of burnt charcoal smoke into a dish.
Fish And Prawn Tandoori Platter is perfectly marinated and pan grilled to perfection. It is a super easy, quick to prepare and yields the most delicious appetizer/starter.
The treasure of the sea, a mixed platter of pan grilled tandoori fish and prawn that you will fell in love with, the juicy and aromatic perfectly grilled tandoori fish and prawn bursting out with amazing flavors.
These tandoori fish and prawns are absolutely delicious with wonderful aromas and flavors from the Indian spices. If you love tandoori then you should try this recipe, I am sure it will be a hit and the taste will definitely lingers in your palate.
FEW EASY FISH RECIPE YOU’LL LOVE TO TRY
• Pan Grilled Green Masala Mackerel Fish
• Fish Fingers Restaurant Style
• Karimeen Pollichathu / Pearl Spot Fish in Banana Leaf
If you’re interested for seafood recipes please do have a look at the seafood recipes here 👉 Seafood Recipes
So without wasting your time any further let’s jump to the recipe. Do try out this yummy and easy no tandoor tandoori fish recipe and share your feedback in the comments below how it turned out for you.
- Preparation time : 40 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
- Serves : 3
Ingredients to make Pan Grilled Fish And Prawn Tandoori Platter:
- Fish – 6 pieces
- Prawns – 20-25 nos
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Thick Curd/Yogurt – 3 tbsps
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Roasted coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Peppercorns cracked – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Amchur (Mango) powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp crushed
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Charcoal for smoking
- Cucumber slices, lemon slices and onion chilly salad to serve.
How to make Pan Grilled Fish And Prawn Tandoori Platter:
- Wash the fish and pat dry with kitchen towel. Keep aside.
- Devien and wash the prawns and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl add the fish, prawns, turmeric powder, ½ tsp kashmiri red chilly powder, lemon juice, salt to taste, mix well and keep aside for 5-10 mins.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients and mix well coating the fish and prawn nicely with the marinade.
- Keep them marinated for atleast 30 mins.
- Heat and grease a grill pan or normal non-stick pan with few drops of oil.
- Layer the fish and prawns in single layers. Do not stick to one another.
- Grill them in low-medium heat for 5-6 mins each on both the sides.
- For smoking, heat the charcoal and add them to the pan and immediately add few drops of oil in the heated charcoal and close the pan with lid and keep for about 2 mins.
- Remove and serve with cucumber slices, lemon slices and onion chilly salad.
Well, if you make this pan grilled seafood platter, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
17 thoughts on “Fish and prawn tandoori platter / Tandoori seafood platter/ How to make no oven no tandoor tandoori ”