Fish fingers or fish sticks is a very popular starter/appetizer which are commonly found in restaurant menus. Today’s recipe is how to make fish fingers at home which is very easy to prepare. Learn how to make restaurant style fish fingers recipe at home with step by step pictures and instructions.
Fish fingers is one my of my favourite dish. I often make them at home and even order them whenever I dine in restaurants. Fish fingers are commonly available in the frozen food section of supermarkets. But why buy them from supermarkets when you can easily make them at home and enjoy the delicious fish fingers. You will come across different versions of fish fingers. Even I have blog a variation of fish fingers earlier. If interested you can check the recipe here 👉 Fish Fingers Restaurant Style
Fish fingers is an easy, simple and quick recipe. It is a delicious and amazingly savourful dish, crisp from outside and soft from inside. Crispy fish fingers are also kids favourite and safe to consume without any hassle since it is made of boneless fish. A perfect snacks for any occasion and for parties at your home.
I have used seer fish also known as Vanjaram in Tamil for this recipe. You can use any boneless fish to make this fish fingers. Fish fingers are made with boneless fish, conflour, breadcrumbs, egg and few basic spice ingredients. This fish fingers can be deep fried, shallow fried, grilled or even baked in an oven.
So without any further delay lets jump to the recipe. Please do try this easy and delicious fish fingers recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends. And if ever you tried the recipe please do share your feedback on the comments below.
FEW FISH RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
● Rohu Fish Curry
● Shallow Fried King Fish
● Pan Grilled Green Masala Fish
● Nethili Fish Fry / Anchovies Fry
● Pan Seared Pepper Fish With Mashed Potato
● Green Chilly Masala Fish
● Karimeen Pollichathu ( Pearl spot in Banana Leaf)
● Fish And Prawn Tandoori Platter
● Easy Pan Fried Fish
● Easy Fish Fry
● Fish With Spinach (Zero Oil)
● Fish With Fermented Bamboo Shoot (Naga Fish)
● Masor Tenga
● Fish Head With Cauliflower & Potato
All of these recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
HOW TO MAKE FISH FINGERS
- 500 gms boneless Fish cut into strips
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 3 Green Chilly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 8-10 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmeri Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Cornflour
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
Add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic in a blender and make a smooth paste.
In a mixing bowl add the fish, the paste, turmeric powder, Kashmir red chilly powder , season with salt and mix well.
Marinate the fish for at least 30 mins.
In a bowl break the eggs, add pepper powder, season with salt and whisk nicely. Keep aide.
Add the conflour and breadcrumbs onto two separate plates.
Now take the marinated fish, first coat the fish in cornflour, then dip them in the egg mixture and coat it with breadcrumbs nicely. Make ready all the fish one by one and gather them in a plate.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan. When the oil is hot drop the fish in batches and fry them till golden and crisp in medium heat approximately 10-12 mins.
Remove them over absorbent paper and serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or any dipping sauce of your choice.
- mixer grinder or blender
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 500 grams boneles fish / fish fillets strips
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 nos green chilly chopped
- 1 inch ginger roughly chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic roughly choppee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- salt as per taste
- 2 nos egg
- 1 cup cornstarch/conflour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil as required
- Add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl add the fish, the paste, turmeric powder, Kashmir red chilly powder , season with salt and mix well.
- Marinate the fish for at least 30 mins.
- In a bowl break the eggs, add pepper powder, season with salt and whisk nicely. Keep aide.
- Add the conflour and breadcrumbs onto two separate plates.
- Now take the marinated fish, first coat the fish in cornflour, then dip them in the egg mixture and coat it with breadcrumbs nicely. Make ready all the fish one by one and gather them in a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- When the oil is hot drop the fish in batches and fry them till golden and crisp in medium heat approximately 10-12 mins.
- Remove them over absorbent paper and serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or any dipping sauce of your choice.
Well, if you make this restaurant style fish fingers recipe, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
22 thoughts on “Fish fingers recipe / How to make fish fingers / Fish fingers restaurant style recipe”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Thanks much 😀
Yum ! You’re welcome !