Today I am sharing one of the family favourite dish Prawn 65. Prawn 65 is one of my Hubby’s favourite. Learn how to make prawn 65 with step by step picture recipe.
Prawn 65 is a spicy crispy fried prawns. It is quick and easy to prepare. It is a great appetizer and a perfect side dish too.
Making prawn 65 doesn’t takes much of your time apart from the marination time. It is always good to keep the prawns marinated atleast for 30 mins to 1 hours so the marination masala goes well inside the prawns and you get a delicious and tasty prawn.
You will come across a variety of prawn 65 recipe. Here’s is my version of prawn 65 where the prawns are marinated in Spice powders, curd, ginger garlic paste and slightly coated with flour. I prefer to use less marination of flour because it taste good and healthy too. I have not used egg in this recipe though you can use if you are not allergic to egg.
You can also try Chicken 65 which is a very famous chicken dish in the south especially Tamil Nadu. This dish is available in every restaurant menu or fast food chains.
Vegetarian can try any of the recipe with Cauliflower, paneer, mushrooms etc.
So guys please do give a try this simple, quick, easy and lipsmacking recipe and do share your thoughts about the recipe with me.
If you’re interested for seafood recipes please do have a look at the seafood recipes here 👉 Seafood Recipes
Well, if you make this prawn 65, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
- Preparation time : 1 hour
- Cooking time – 20 mins
- Serves – 3
Ingredients to make Prawn 65:
- Prawns – 300 gms
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Thick plain curd /yogurt – 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 2 tbsps (adjust as per your taste)
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
How to make prawn 65:
- First devien and wash the prawns nicely couple of times. Pat them dry with clean kitchen towel. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Add the prawns to the marination mixture and mix well coating the masala well with the prawns.
- Keep them marinated for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat and add the prawns in batches.
- Fry them in medium heat for 8-10 mins till golden and crisp.
- Remove them in an absorbent paper. Serve with lemon and onion slices.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
13 thoughts on “Prawn 65 recipe/ Shrimp recipe/ How to make crispy prawn fried recipe”