Today I am sharing one of the family favourite dish Prawn 65. Prawn 65 is one of my Hubby’s favourite. Learn how to make prawn 65 with step by step picture recipe.
Prawn 65 is a spicy crispy fried prawns. It is quick and easy to prepare. It is a great appetizer and a perfect side dish too.
Making prawn 65 doesn’t takes much of your time apart from the marination time. It is always good to keep the prawns marinated atleast for 30 mins to 1 hours so the marination masala goes well inside the prawns and you get a delicious and tasty prawn.
You will come across a variety of prawn 65 recipe. Here’s is my version of prawn 65 where the prawns are marinated in Spice powders, curd, ginger garlic paste and slightly coated with flour. I prefer to use less marination of flour because it taste good and healthy too. I have not used egg in this recipe though you can use if you are not allergic to egg.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Please do give a try this simple, quick, easy and lipsmacking recipe and i would love to hear from you all.
Happy cooking 😀
- Preparation time : 1 hour
- Cooking time – 20 mins
- Serves – 3
- Prawns – 300 gms
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Thick plain curd /yogurt – 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder – 2 tbsps (adjust as per your taste)
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- First devien and wash the prawns nicely couple of times. Pat them dry with clean kitchen towel. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Add the prawns to the marination mixture and mix well coating the masala well with the prawns.
- Keep them marinated for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat and add the prawns in batches.
- Fry them in medium heat for 8-10 mins till golden and crisp.
- Remove them in an absorbent paper. Serve with lemon and onion slices.