This chicken stew is a meal in itself. It’smade all in one-pot so hearty, delicious and comfort one-pot meal. One can slurp it as a soup or can have it as a curry with piping hot steam rice.
Looking for a hearty, healthier chicken recipe? This chicken stew is scrumptious and nutritious loaded with protein, healthy carbs and veggies. The best part is it is a zero oil dish. I feel this is a very healthier version too because not even a single drop of oil is used to make this chicken stew. So there can’t be anything better than this for weight watchers and health conscious people.
Chicken Stew is a delicious meal with chicken, zucchini, carrot, lettuce, onion, spring onion, ginger, garlic, spiced with some chilly flakes, flavoured with sichuan peppercorns and rice flour to thicken the stew.
MORE ONE-POT MEAL RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Chicken stew is one of my all time favorite. I often make them with variations. I often twit the recipe with seasonal veggies and seasonings by using fresh and dried mixed herbs. Sometimes I make the stew thin and runny by opting out the rice flour. I also loved to add lots of crushed black peppercorns during monsoon and winter seasons which is very healthy and helpful in healing cold and cough.
I guarantee you can never go wrong with a bowl of stew that is sure to impress your family and friends or any guest coming your home. This is such a classic, comfort and hearty dish to serve your guest. Most interestingly it’s a simple and easy to make comfort food and is ready under 30 minutes.
Chicken stew is a perfect comfort food classic to warm up with on a cold day! So guys try this super easy and hearty chicken stew recipe and share your thoughts about the recipe with me.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Chicken With Bamboo Shoot And Greens
Well, if you make this chicken stew, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook andakumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
■ I have used rice flour for more healthier reason, if not available you can use cornflour.
■ Potato can be used instead of flour and slightly mashed them. This will thicken the stew.
■ You can add veggies of your choice and which is in season.
■ You can use fresh herbs or mixed dried herbs, its taste amazing .
■ If you cannot source sichuan peppercorns, you can use coriander leaves and cracked black peppercorns.
■ If you are using country chicken cooking time will be more.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients to make Chicken Stew:
Chicken – 500 gms
3-4 Red & Green Chilly sliced diagonal
1 tomato pureed
1 large Onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp Chilly flakes
4-5 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 inch Ginger finely chopped
2 tbsp Spring onion chopped diagonal
1 small Zucchini sliced
1 carrot sliced
1 cup Green Lettuce roughly chopped
1 tsp Sichuan Pepper dry roasted and coarsely crush
2 tbsp Rice flour or corn flour
Salt to taste
2-3 cups Water or as required
How to make Chicken Stew:
In a pan add the chicken, thinly sliced onion, salt, tomato puree, chilly flakes and stir well for about 2 minutes.
Chicken will start releasing water, now cover the pan with lid and let the chicken cook in its own juice for around 5-10 minutes over low heat.
When water dries up, pour 2-3 cups water and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the chillies, chopped ginger, garlic, zuchini, carrot, green lettuce and the spring onion. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
Now mix the rice flour in some water and pour into the chicken. Stir continously for around 2 minutes to prevent from forming lumps.
Add the coarsely crushed sichuan pepper, give a quick stir and take off the heat.
Slurp it as a soup or enjoy it with piping hot steam rice.
One-Pot Chicken Stew
- Heavy bottom pot
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 3-4 Red & green chilli Chopped
- 1 Large Tomato pureed
- 1 Large Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli flakes
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon Spring onion chopped
- 1 Small Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Small Carrot sliced
- 1 cup Green lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns ( see notes dry roasted and coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoon rice flour or cornstarch/cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Salt or as per taste
- 2-3 cups Water (or as required
- In a pot add the chicken, thinly sliced onion, salt, tomato puree, chilly flakes and stir well for about 2 minutes.500 Grams Chicken, 1 Large Tomato pureed, 1 Large Onion, 1 tablespoon Salt or as per taste, 1 Tablespoon Chilli flakes
- Chicken will start releasing water, now cover the pot with lid and let the chicken cook in its own juice for around 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- When water dries up, pour 2-3 cups water and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.2-3 cups Water
- Add the chillies, chopped ginger, garlic, zuchini, carrot, green lettuce and the spring onion. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.3-4 Red & green chilli, 4-5 Cloves Garlic, 1 inch Ginger, 2-3 tablespoon Spring onion chopped, 1 Small Zucchini, 1 Small Carrot, 1 cup Green lettuce
- Now mix the rice flour in some water and pour into the chicken. Stir continously for around 2 minutes to prevent from forming lumps.2 tablespoon rice flour or cornstarch/cornflour
- Add the coarsely crushed sichuan pepper, give a quick stir and take off the heat.1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns ( see notes
- Slurp it as a soup or enjoy it with piping hot steam rice.Enjoy!
- I have used rice flour for more healthier reason, if not available you can use cornflour.
- Potato can be used instead of flour and slightly mashed them. This will thicken the stew.
- You can add veggies of your choice and which is in season.
- You can use fresh herbs or mixed dried herbs, its taste amazing .
If you cannot source sichuan peppercorns, you can use coriander leaves and cracked black peppercorns.
- If you are using country chicken cooking time will be more.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
20 thoughts on “Chicken Stew / One-Pot Chicken Stew / Chicken Stew With Vegetables”
Hi , I haven’t heard of the two countries Nagaland and Tamilian…. Please share the
Nagaland is one of the state in north east .. People from Tamil Nadu are called tamilian. So Tamil Nadu and Nagaland are both states of India.
I love food without oil. This is a very delicious dish. So yummy.
Thank you Maureen 🙂
Nice one. Will try
Love your site… Do you also have a YouTube channel?
Thanks so much Temjen.. I am glad you liked it..that’s a great motivation for me 🙂 I do have a YouTube channel but I don’t create videos as of now.. I have very few videos which I have created for a food app https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpd1quYsnr9DbnuwPy5li9w
My kids love this recipe!!! Healthy & yummy
Thank you sunep for stopping by my blog.. I am glad your kids loved it 🙂
Awesome recipe. God bless you
Thank you so much!
i have a couple of questions..500 grams is about one pound of chicken is US…is it cooked..or uncooked for your recipe….also what is Szechuan pepper? are spring onions green onions?
also green and red chilis..are they hot?
Uncooked chicken.. Sichuan peppercorns is Chinese pepper..yes its green onions.. number of chillies can be added as per your preference 🙂
Healthy, delicious and quick to cook! It checks all the right boxes for me. I’ll definitely try this stew very soon.