Soft, chewy and delicious cookies made with whole wheat flour, over riped bananas and chocolate chips. There is a burst of banana and crunch from the chocolate chips in every bite of these banana chocolate chip cookies. If you love banana and chocolate you are going to love this cookie!
These banana chocolate chip cookies is egg free. It’s a perfect cookie recipe if you are allergy to egg or just happen to be out of eggs.
If you’re looking for easy cookie recipes like my Vegan Cranberry Chocolate Chips Cookies and Sattu Oats Cookies, you should try this whole wheat banana chocolate chip cookies. I make them with mashed bananas without eggs using less butter and sugar than traditional chocolate chips cookies. The result is chewy cake-like irresistible cookies!
If you like banana cake and bread, you will love this banana chocolate chip cookies. There are hell lot of ways to use over riped bananas and turn into ridiculously delicious stuffs. Among which of those is these banana chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies makes the perfect treat for kids, tea/coffee partner and holiday gatherings.
So next time your bananas turns over riped, don’t do the mistake of throwing them away. Instead why not try this cookie and some of these banana based recipes?
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Variations for Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies:
● You can add chopped pecans or walnuts. They’re tasty just like banana bread and cake.
● You can use white chocolate chips. I love this cookies with white chocolate chips. You can also give it a try.
● You can turn this cookies into vegan by using coconut oil and coconut milk. I have tried it and trust me the flavor and taste of the cookie is out of the world.
Tips for making perfect banana chocolate chip cookies.
● Try using over-ripe banana. It adds extra flavor and natural sweetness to the recipe. It gives the cookie a cake-like soft and chewy texture. Moreover over riped bananas is easier to mash resulting in a smooth mixture.
● All ingredients to be at room temperature. For butter it can be softened or melted. Either way works well. This helps to mix everything well together without getting clumps. It gives the cookies an even texture and consistent taste. Sometimes your sudden plan to bake and if your butter is frozen, you can use microwave the butter for few seconds or use a double boiler method to softened or melt the butter.
● Would recommend chilling the cookie dough for few minutes if you have time. Chilling the cookie dough helps to improve the texture and flavor of the cookies. The butter gets solidifies and doesn’t spread quickly when baked and makes a richer tasting cookie.
I really liked these cookies, but my son loved these most of all. They are so simple to make that even kids can get involved in the making. This cookies are perfect treat for banana lovers. I hope you like them too!! Do share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
So let’s get started with the recipe on how to make this fabulous banana chocolate chip cookies at the comfort of your own home.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Yields: 12-15 cookies
☆ Measuring cup used is 240 ml
Ingredients to make banana chocolate chips cookies:
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup chocolate chips
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup mashed banana
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter melted
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Please click on the image if you wish to buy the product 👇
Step by step pictorial instructions on how to make banana chocolate chip Cookies:
Gather all the ingredients at room temperature.
Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt for atleast twice, incorporate well and set aside.
In a mixing bowl add the mashed banana, melted butter and brown sugar.
Whisk well into a creamy mixture.
Add the vanilla extract and milk. Mix well.
Add the flour mixture and mix them. Stir in the chocolate chips and incorporate into the dough.
Cover the dough with a cling wrap and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat oven @180° C for 10 minutes.
Take the dough from the refrigerator and scoop them into a greased baking tray.
Bake at preheated oven @180° C for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
Let it cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Once cool completely you can store in airtight container.
● You may substitute whole wheat flour with all purpose flour.
● You may use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
● Chilling the dough is optional but recommend doing that.
● Use overripe bananas.
● You can store in airtight container for 4-5 days. Refrigerate if you want to store for longer days.
Well, if you make this easy banana chocolate chip cookies, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag#atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.