Chilli Pork – Spicy Pork Chilly
Spicy and juicy chilli pork recipe is a fabulous pork delicacy any pork lovers would love. It is a delicious Indo Chinese restaurant style dish that is very popular among pork lovers. It’s an easy-to-cook spicy chilli pork with handful of basic pantry staple and easy cooking process. Perfect to serve as a starter/appetizer and also as a side with fried rice, noodles, sticky rice, steamed rice etc.
Chilli Pork is one the most popular pork delicacy. This recipe is an Indo-Chinese style chilly pork that is spicy, mildly sweet and tangy and packed with awesome flavor. A real treat to all pork lovers!
Succulent and juicy bite-sized pork is first cooked with salt and chilly powder then stir fry the pork with ginger, garlic, soya sauce, chilli sauce, and veggies like onion, assorted capsicum and chillies. Seasoned with cracked peppercorns and garnished with spring onions.
Chilli pork is my personal favourite alternate pork dishes, when I crave for something other than traditional pork dishes. This chilli pork recipe has been requested by my friends from long time. Finally tick off from my bucket list. I am happy and glad that I could finally shot it for my blog. Hope you will love it as much as I do!
This is an absolute easy dish to prepare. I made it in the most simplest way, fuss free, quick and delicious. This pairs well with any fried rice or noodles or can be enjoyed as a starter/appetizer too. I love to have this chilli pork with sticky rice and even steamed rice. This is a versatile dish and you can find numerous variants of this dish like use of ingredients, cooking process and technique and vice versa.
I like my chilli pork without cornstarch/ cornflour unlike other Indo-Chinese recipes chilli chicken, chilli prawn, chicken manchurian etc where cornstarch is used. I also love my chilli pork with both meat and fats on.
I like to keep the veggies crunchy so I make sure they are not over-cooked and retain the crunch. Most people use only green bell peppers but I have added red, green and yellow capsicums to add to the effect and the dish came out brilliant, pleasing for the eyes and a treat to the palate. It is easy to cook, quick, succulent, and flavorful, a perfect dish for special occasions or get-togethers.
This chilli pork is a spicy recipe and is meant to be spicy hence the name chilli pork. But one can cut down the heat as per their palate preference by reducing the chilly powder and the chillies. You can also de-seed the red and green chilies. I love hot and spicy dishes so this spice level works for me.
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT CHILLI PORK
(STIR FRY PORK)
● Keep ready all the ingredients ready.
● The meat should be firm yet juicy.
● The veggies should retain the crunch but should not be raw.
● Stir fry in high heat stirring it frequently.
● Do not cook on simmer and overcook the veggies.
LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS
PORK – I used mixed of pork belly and ribs with fats and meat on.
ONION – Regular onion is used here. You can also use whole shallots (small onions). Cut the onions into large wedges or cubes.
CAPSICUM – Used red, green and yellow capsicums for the burst of flavor and colourful look to the dish. Capsicums give a wonderful taste to any stir fry recipe. Cut them into large wedges or cubes and make sure they are not over-cooked.
GINGER & GARLIC – Used finely chopped ginger and garlic. Ginger and garlic impart a lovely aroma to any stir fry recipe.
CHILLIES – Green chillies and red chillies are used in the recipe. Both gives different flavor and aroma and also the spice level differ. It also gives a vibrant looks to the dish. You can add as per your taste or spice tolerance.
SPRING ONION – I have used the whole of spring onion both the white and the greens.
BLACK PEPPERCORNS – Seasoned with cracked black peppercorns. Preferably use peppercorns and not store bought pepper powder. You can cracked it or coarsely crushed peppercorns.
RED CHILLI POWDER – Red chilly powder is used while cooking the meat in the pressure cooker. The meat is nicely spiced and seasoned with salt and chilly powder as it gets cooked in the pressure cooker.
SAUCES – Soya sauce and tomato chilly sauce is used in the recipe. You can replace the tomato chilly sauce with red chilly sauce.
VINEGAR – In chilli pork or chilli chicken or chilli beef, vinegar adds a lovely flavor and a dash of tang to the dish.
SALT – Salt to taste. Be careful while adding salt as soya sauce already has salt. I added the salt as per my taste while cooking the pork in the pressure cooker.
SUNFLOWER OIL – I used sunflower oil. You can use any vegetable oil or sesame oil. Very minimum oil is used since the pork releases it’s own fats. So do not use more oil.
WATER – Very little water is used for pressure cooking the meat.
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI PORK
For this recipe, the pork is cooked twice. First the pork is pressure cooked with very little water, salt and chilly powder. Then allow the pressure to release naturally. If there is any stock, evaporate it completely and kept aside. The cooked pork is then stir fry and tossed with the other ingredients, vegetables and sauces. Finally seasoned with cracked peppercorns and garnish with chopped spring onions.
I made a simple video of chilli pork for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch and SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. It will mean a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
HERE’S A STEP BY STEP PICTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CHILLI PORK
Wash the pork and drain the water well. Cut them into medium size pieces.
In a pressure cooker add in the pork pieces. Add in the red chilly powder, salt and water.
Pressure cook them for 10-12 whistles.
Allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the cooker and let the water evaporate completely if any. Remove the pork pieces and keep aside.
In a frying pan add in oil and allow to heat.
Add in the chopped garlic and ginger and saute for few seconds.
Add in the pork pieces and fry on high heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add in vinegar, tomato sauce and soya sauce. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add in the onion, capsicums (bell peppers) red chillies and green chilies.
Stir well and saute on high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season with cracked peppercorns and add salt if required.
Add in the chopped spring onion, mix well and turn off the heat.
● Do not add more salt as soya sauce already has salt in it.
● Do not over cook the veggies – onions, capsicums, chillies. They should be crunchy.
● If you want to use cornstarch, you may add at the last, after adding all the veggies.
● You can also use other cooking sauces and make variations.
- pressure cooker
- Frying pan
- 500 grams pork cut into bite sized
- 1 teaspoon chlli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomto chilly sauce
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 medium onion largely cubed
- 1 cup capsicum (red, green & yellow) largely cubed
- 5 red chilli small variety, sliced
- 8-10 green chilli sliced
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns cracked
- ½ cup spring onion chopped
- Wash the pork and drain the water well. Cut them into medium size pieces.
- In a pressure cooker add in the pork pieces. Add in the red chilly powder, salt and water.
- Pressure cook them for 10-12 whistles. Allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the cooker and let the water evaporate completely if any. Remove the pork pieces and keep aside.
- In a frying pan add in oil and allow to heat.
- Add in the chopped garlic and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add in the pork pieces and fry on high heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in vinegar, tomato sauce and soya sauce. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the onion, capsicums (bell peppers) red chillies and green chilies.
- Stir well and stir fry on high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with cracked peppercorns and add salt if required.
- Add in the chopped spring onion. Turn off the heat and give a quick mix.
- Do not add more salt as soya sauce already has salt in it.
- Do not over cook the veggies - onions, capsicums, chillies. They should be crunchy.
- If you want to use cornstarch, you may add at the last, after adding all the veggies.
- You can also use other cooking sauces and make variations.
FEW PORK RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Pork Masala Curry
Naga Pork Pickle
Pork Chow Mein
Smoked Pork And Axone Pickle
Pork Hakka Noodles
Dohkhlieh / Pork Salad
Dohneiiong / Black Sesame Pork
Naga Pork Curry
Nüoshi Aon (Pork With Anishi)
Pork With Bamboo Shoot
Smoked Pork With Dry Bamboo Shoot
Smoked Pork Curry
Smoked Pork With Yam And Axone
Pork With Baby Bitter Gourd
Pork Salad Sandwich ● Hot & Spicy Pork
Well, if you make this pork recipe, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
5 thoughts on “Chilli Pork / How To Make Chilli Pork / Easy Pork Chilly”
Looks vibrant and inviting