Pork with bamboo shoot – Learn how to make traditional naga pork curry. Pork cooked with fermented bamboo shoot.
Pork is one of the integral part of the Nagas. It is one of the most loved meat. No special occasions or festivals is complete without pork dishes. This pork curry is one of the popular and the common one amongst many pork dishes of the Nagas. And undoubtedly loved by all.
This Pork with bamboo shoot is a traditional and authentic Naga style pork curry recipe. It is an easy and simple zero oil recipe. Here the pork is cooked with dry red chilly, fermented bamboo shoot, ginger garlic and flavored with Mejenga seeds (Sichuan peppercorns).
Delicious and exotic pork curry with amazing aroma and flavour cooked with simple ingredients and simple cooking technique, just boil the pork with the ingredients the recipe calls for and cook till the meat is tender and voila your scrumptious pork curry is ready. Slurrp it with piping hot steam rice along with chutney and boiled vegetables. That’s how the Nagas relish their meal. So simple, healthy eating and soulful.
Lets hear the easy recipe and if at all you try this recipe, please do let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you.
Do check out some of the pork recipes link shared below if at all you have missed them.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time : 35-40 mins
- Serves : 3-4
- 500 gms Pork
- 15-20 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 Inches Ginger
- 8-10 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Shredded fermented bamboo shoot
- 1 tbsp Mejenga seeds ( variety of Sichuan peppercorn)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Dry roast the Mejenga seeds for 1-2 mins. Keep aside.
- Coarsely pound the ginger and garlic in a mortal and pestal just enough to open the flavour. Keep aside.
- Roughly break the dry red chillies and add them in a bowl. Add hot water, cover the bowl and soak the chillies for couple of mins.
- In a mortal and pestal pound the soaked chillies coarsely.
- In a pot add the pork cubes, pounded chillies, salt to taste and cook for 10-15 mins stirring it occasionally.
- Add enough water to cover the pork and cook till the pork is 50-60% cooked.
- Add the shredded fermented bamboo shoot and continue to cook till the pork is completely cooked. Cooking time will differ depending upon the tenderness of your pork.
- Adjust the gravy consistency as per your requirement.
- Add the coarsely pounded ginger garlic, crushed dry roasted Sichuan peppercorns.
- Cook for 3-5 mins and take off the heat.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you like the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcomed, I would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking and have a great weekend.