Mixed Vegetable Fry
Mixed vegetable sabzi recipe is a quick and easy sabzi to make that has the goodness of a variety of vegetables adding flavor, taste and nutrition to your meal. This mixed vegetable fry recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and absolutely delicious!
Mixed vegetable sabji is an Indian style vegetarian side dish. It is sauteed veggies with basic spice masala powder and few basic pantry ingredients. This is a recipe that absolutely anyone can make. It takes less than 15 minutes for preparation and ready to eat under 20 minutes. It is an incredibly easy, fuss-free and a straight forward recipe.
This is a dry mix veg recipe. Mixed vegetable fry is made by cooking a mixture of vegetables together with onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste and basic spice masala powders. This dish is cooked without adding any water. The dish is characterized by multiple flavors with the addition of many vegetables and spice masalas. It is also quite a nutritious dish.
Moreover this sabji is prepared with easily available ingredients which we use in our daily cooking and almost found in every Indian household. The veggies used are also easily available from local vegetable vendors and in supermarkets. Though the vegetables can be used as per your liking. You can use the vegetables which you love. You can always play with the spices and ingredients.
These recipe is a great way to use up leftover vegetables in your house. I had to clean up my fridge to stock up with fresh vegetables as the lockdown gradually relaxed after 2 weeks of total lockdown. So I gathered all the leftover vegetables which was in small quantities and made a sabji which we can have as a side dish with our meal, chapati, roti paratha etc.
This is one vegetarian recipe which I make often so this dish is a regular in my house. I particularly love this as it is
✔ Incredibly easy
✔ Simple and quick
✔ Versatile and adaptable.
✔ Fuss-free and no mess
✔ Quite nutritious
✔ Great way to use up leftover veggies
What Vegetables Can Be Used For Making Mixed Vegetable Sabji?
There is no fast rule to use a specific vegetable for making this mixed vegetable sabji. You can be flexible in choosing the vegetables to be added. Apart from the vegetables used in this recipe, you may use any seasonal vegetables or common vegetables like capsicum, cabbage, cauliflower, peas, carrots, mushroom, pumpkin etc. The sky is the limit!
Mixed vegetable sabji is a delicious and nutritious dish which can be eaten with simple dal rice, Indian flatbreads like chapati, paratha, roti, poori or variety rice like jeera rice, lemon rice, coconut rice, ghee rice, pulao etc.
More Vegan Recipes You Might Love To Try
✔ Chana Masala (Chickpea Masala)
✔ Bitter Gourd Stir Fry
✔ Panch Phoran Potato Brinjal Fry
✔ Amaranth Greens Stir Fry
✔ Mushroom Pepper Fry
✔ Chickpea Soya Curry
✔ Aloo Pitika (Mashed Potato)
✔ Potato Cauliflower Curry
✔ Okra Stir Fry
✔ Karamani Sundal (Black Eyed Peas Sundal)
✔ Radish Stir Fry
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
I only hope that you’ll try this easy recipe and experiment with your leftover vegetables. Please do read the recipe and share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
Lets jump to the recipe and see how to make this easy mixed vegetable sabji at home with step by step pictures instructions.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients to make mixed vegetable sabji:
3 tbsp Oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies roughly chopped
2 onion chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tomato large chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp pepper powder
2 potato chopped
2 bitter gourd sliced
5-6 brinjal small variety chopped
5-6 ladies finger chopped
8-10 french beans chopped
Few coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
Step by step pictorial instructions to make mixed vegetable sabji:
Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add the ginger garlic paste, onion and green chilly. Saute till for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
Add the spice masala powders – turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well and saute for a minute.
Add the potato and bitter gourd.
Mix well and fry them for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally till the potato and bitter gourd starts to brown.
Add the brinjal, okra and french beans.
Mix well, cover the pan with lid and fry on medium heat stirring occasionally.
Cook approximately for about 10 minutes and add the chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat and give a quick stir. Your mixed vegetable sabji is ready.
✔ Use fresh, tender and seasonal veggies.
✔ You add a dash of ghee at the finishing part for more flavor.
✔ The vegetables should get cooked yet retain the color and shape.
✔ Do not over cook the vegetables.
✔ Let the vegetables cook in its own juice. Do not add water.
✔ Play with the spices and vegetables and add your touch of innovation.
✔ Adjust the spice as per your preference and availability.
Mixed Vegetable Fry
- frying pan
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 nos green chilly chopped
- 2 nos onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 nos tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 nos potato cubed
- 2 nos bitter gourd sliced
- 5-6 small variety brinjal cubed
- 5-6 nos ladies finger chopped
- 8-10 nos french beans chopped
- few coriander leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, onion and green chilly. Saute till for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute till it turns mushy.
- Add the spice masala powders – turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt. Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add the potato and bitter gourd.
- Mix well and fry them for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally till the potato and bitter gourd starts to brown.
- Add the brinjal, okra and french beans.
- Mix well, cover the pan with lid and fry on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Cook approximately for about 10 minutes and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat and give a quick stir. Your mixed vegetable sabji is ready.
- Use fresh, tender and seasonal veggies.
- You add a dash of ghee at the finishing part for more flavor.
- The vegetables should get cooked yet retain the color and shape.
- Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Let the vegetables cook in its own juice. Do not add water.
- Play with the spices and vegetables and add your touch of innovation.
- Adjust the spice as per your preference and availability.
Well, if you make this mixed vegetable fry, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
4 thoughts on “Mixed Vegetable Fry / Indian Mix Vegetable Sabji / Mixed Vegetable Poriyal”
This looks so tasty