Ghee Cake or Clarified Butter Cake is an easy and simple cake. It is a super soft, spongy, moist, aromatic cake. It is prepared using ghee and all purpose flour. Ghee is the main ingredient here in this recipe. I have made this an Eggless version by using curd as a substitute for egg. You make it an egg version by replacing 2 eggs with curd/yogurt.
To make a butter cake, you can follow the same recipe and just replace ghee/clarified butter with 100 gms butter.
Ghee cake is one of my favourite tea partner cake. I love baking this cake as it is so simple and easy to prepare and the aroma that lingers my house whole baking this cake is heaven and i just love that.
(Also read Milk Cake recipe, also known as Kalakand is a traditional Indian cake made by evapating the milk).
This bakery style ghee cake is a delicious and just melt in the mouth cake. It is an awesome and wonderful no fail recipe. So if you like bakery style cake then why wait, try this no fail recipe and I bet it won’t dissappoint you.
This ghee cake can be prepared for any party, family get-together, friends, tea time snacks or for any special occasions.
(Also read Mawa Pistachios Cake recipe, an eggless delicious cake with goodness of mawa/khoya, pistachios and flavoured with safron. It is prepared with 50-50% of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour).
You might also like some easy and simple cake recipes from my blog. Do have a look at them too. I am sure you would like to try some.
Some baking tips:
- Always Preheat the oven.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Sieve the flour 2-3 times, this helps in getting a nice texture to the cake.
- Baking time may differ since the temperature varries from oven to oven. Mine took exactly 35 mins.
- Do not open the oven frequently to check the cake while baking is in process.
- Always use the perfect and correct size of cake pan.
- You can make an eggless butter cake with the same recipe, just replace ghee with 100 gms butter.
Well, if you make this eggless ghee cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations. Now let’s jump to the recipe.
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 35 mins
- Serves – 5-6
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Ghee / clarified butter – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Thick Curd / Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- In a mixing bowl add the curd and baking soda. Mix them well and keep aside for about 10 mins till the soda react with curd and bubbles.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder 2-3 times and keep aside.
- In the curd mixture add sugar, ghee, milk, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and gently fold and make a smooth batter.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins.
- Grease the cake pan with ghee or oil.
- Pour in the batter to the greased cake pan and tap 2-3 times.
- Bake @180° for 30-35 mins. A tooth pick inserted should come out clean. Mine took exactly 35 mins.
- Remove from oven, let it stand for about 5 mins and invert. Let it cool down completely, cut and serve.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.