Looking for a quick and easy snacks recipe?? Then you have landed up at the right place. Here is a quick and easy savoury snacks recipe perfect for the festive season.
Besan Sev is a crispy savoury snacks mildly spiced prepared using besan (Gram flour) and some spices. A healthy snacks to prepare for festivals and special occasions.
Here I have used the spices as per my taste. You can increase or decrease as per taste. The texture of the Sev is awesome. So crisp and very delicious that once you start having it you can’t stop munching it.
Also read Masala Kadalai / Crispy Fried Peanut a very tasty, delicious and easy to make snacks.
You can store this Sev for couple of months, provided you store them in an air-tight container. This is one perfect snacks for tea time or any festivals and occasions.
Also read Crispy Namkee, an easy recipe with just 6 basic ingredients. The Namkee is super crispy, so delicious and a perfect tea time snacks.
So this Diwali make this healthy delicious snacks for your family and friends and spread happiness and love.
You will need a Sev Maker to make this Sev. I have used a slightly bigger holes discs to make this sev. Or if you dnot have a sev maker, use a pipping bag.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Please do leave your valuable feedback, I would love to hear from you all.
Happy cooking 😀
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
- Serves : 4
- Besan (Gram flour) – 1 cup
- Black sesame seeds (Kala Tel) optional – ¼ tsp
- Ajwain (Carom seeds) – ⅛ tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – A pinch
- Red Chilly powder (Lal Mirch powder) – ⅛ tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – A pinch
- Salt to taste
- Warm oil – 3 tbsps
- Water – 2-3 tbsps
- Oil for deep frying
- Seive the besan 2-3 times and add them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the sesame seeds, carom seeds, asafoetida, salt, turmeric and chilly powder into the besan and mix them and incorporate them well.
- Make a small depression in the centre of it and add the warm oil into it.
- Mix well and rub the flour mixture nicely until you get a bread crumbs like mixture.
- Add water gently to the flour mixture and knead it well and make a smooth soft dough. Please be careful while adding water. The dough should not be sticky.
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 mins covered with a damp cloth.
- Take the dough out and knead it again for a min or two.
- Grease the chakli press with oil.
- Grease your hand with oil. Take a portion of the dough and roll it into a log shape.
- Gently place it in the Sev maker and cover it.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat and press the Sev maker in circular motion.
- Fry in medium heat on both sides till golden and crisp and the oil stops sizzling.
- Remove in an absorbent paper. Continue the same process with the remaining dough.
- Once the Sev cools down, break or store as it is in an air tight container.
- It can be stored for couple of months if stored in air-tight container.