Today is the last day of the year and I am going to blog one of my favourite munchies Masala Peanuts /Masala Kadalai. Wishing everyone reading this blog a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 😀.
Masala Peanuts is a very tasty, delicious and easy to make snacks which can be made in jiffy. It is so crunchy and crisp that one can’t stop munching it once started 😋. So do make this at home and enjoy it.
It can be a great tea time snacks, an ideal accompaniment with drinks, an awesome starter or just an anytime munchies. A perfect snacks for every ooccasions and festivals.
Also read Besan Sev / Bhujia recipe which is an all time favourite snacks and munchies for special occasions and festivals like diwali etc.
Masala Peanuts are made with few basic ingredients that are readily available in our kitchen. The roasted Peanuts are coated in gram flour, rice flour and spices and then deep fried in oil. These can be stored in air-tight container and enjoy them for atleast upto a week.
Also read Crispy Namkee recipe which is my childhood memory snacks. We specially make them on Christmas for family and friends.
These masala peanuts can also be made into a chat. To make an instant chat out of these masala peanuts, you can add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves, mix well and serve immediately.
So lets hear the recipe.
- Preparation time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
- Serves : 2-3
- Raw peanuts – 150 gms
- Gram flour – ½ cup
- Rice Flour – 2 tbsps
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsps
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves with skin
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Water – 3-4 tbsps or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat a pan and dry roast the raw peanuts for 3-5 mins. Remove and keep aside to let it cool down.
- In a mixing bowl add the roasted peanuts, crushed garlic cloves, red chilly powder, pepper powder, salt, asafoetida, gram flour, rice flour and mix them well together.
- Add water little at a time and mix them well together until the peanuts are coated well with the masala. While adding water please be careful, the mixture should not be watery.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Drop the masala coated peanuts in the hot oil and fry them on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- In the same oil fry the curry leaves till crisp.
- Lightly crush the fried curry leaves and add to the fried masala peanuts, mix well and serve or store in an air tight container.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Do leave your valuable comments as i love to hear from you all. Happy cooking!