Stir Fry Chicken And Banana Flower is an easy peasy recipe that can be prepare in just few minutes, a fuss free recipe with just few basic ingredients, only cleaning part is a little laborious and time taking. Once it is cleaned, the cooking part is easy and simple. It serves as a great and healthy side dish.
Banana flower is used widely in Naga cuisine too apart from other states of India. Cleaning the banana blossom is a little laborious part. Cleaning each of the florets is a task in itself. But once it is cleaned, cooking it is very simple. We cook various dishes out of it like different varieties of chutney, curries, add them in stews, stir fry, cook with meat dishes etc etc.
Banana flower has got a very exotic taste. It is a healthy vegetable. It is rich in Vitamin A and C, protein, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, potassium and magnesium. It also has got lots of medicinal properties like blood purification, cures menstrual disorders, constipation, stomach ulcers etc.
So lets move on to the recipe. Please do try out this healthy recipe and let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you.
- Preparation time : 15-20 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
- Serves : 3
- 300 gms Chicken
- 2 cups banana flower chopped
- 3 tbsps Oil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Green chillies slit
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves chopped for garnish (optional)
- Wash and clean the chicken. Cut them into bite sized.
- Clean and wash the banana flower. Roughly chop them and soak in water for few minutes.
- Drain the water nicely just before cooking them. You can finely chopped them also as per your preference.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the Bay leaf, cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the onion, crushed ginger garlic, green chillies and saute for about 2 mins.
- Add the masala powders, Salt as per taste and saute for a min.
- Add the chicken peices and stir fry them on high heat stirring it frequently for 5-10 mins.
- Add the chopped banana flower, mix well and stir fry on high heat for about 5 mins.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook on low heat stirring it occasionally for about 5-7 mins or till the chicken and banana flower is well cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves if using and take off the heat.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you like the recipe. Please do share your valuable feedbacks, I would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking!