This chocolate ganache recipe is really easy and only requires two ingredients! You'll love how easy it is to make this rich and decadent chocolate ganache, the ultimate luxurious chocolate frosting. Pour it over cakes or let it cool and frost or pipe your cakes and cupcakes with it! It's also perfect for glazes, filling cakes and making truffles!
glass mixing bowl
- 2 cups (350 grams) dark chocolate
- 1 cup (240 ml) whipping cream/heavy cream (you can use Amul fresh cream)
STEP 1: CHOP YOUR CHOCOLATE
STEP 2: MELT THE CHOCOLATE
STEP 3: WHISK THE CHOCOLATE AND CREAM MIXTURE
After the chocolate has completely melted, pour the cream over the melted chocolate and mix the two together well starting from the center of the bowl in small circular motion slowly moving outward. Keep moving in one direction, slowly making bigger circles. Once they are well combined, set it off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Chop the chocolate finely or most possibly into smaller peices. This will ensure even melting of the chocolate making the mixture smooth and lump free.
- If heating the cream to pour over chocolate be careful not to over heat and boil the cream, just bring to simmer and take off the heat.
- Do not stir the cream immediately after pouring it over the chopped chocolate. Be patient, let the cream do its work. Leave it undisturbed for atleast 5 minutes and gently stir to combine.
- Be careful that the chocolate does not come in contact with water, this will seize the chocolate. Make sure all the equipments are dry and clean.
- You can use any type of chocolate like white, milk or dark/semi-sweet chocolate but most preferably dark chocolate/semi-sweet chocolate. It gives a rich chocolate flavor, texture and not as sweet as milk and white chocolate.
- You can whip the ganache for frosting and piping cakes and cupcakes. Just let the ganache in room temperature for 3-4 hours or atleast 30 minutes in refrigerator. Then using a mixer or beater, beat the ganache as we do for whipping cream.