Microwave Chocolate Cake / 5 Minutes Chocolate Cake / Microwave Vegan Chocolate Cake
Microwave chocolate cake is one-bowl cake recipe and is a savior for those who want to bake a super quick, easy, soft, moist and a rich chocolate cake. This is a simple, fuss-free, easy to bake microwave chocolate cake perfectly baked at 5 minutes.
- 1 cup (125 gms) whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup (30 gms) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (100 gms) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Ossoro chocolate truffle essence or 1 tsp any vanilla essence
- As required homemade chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chip
Take a microwave safe bowl or pan and grease it with oil or butter. You may line a parchment paper as well. Keep aside.
In a mixing bowl add in the milk, sugar and oil. Stir nicely and let the sugar dissolve.
Take a sift and add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sieve the ingredients together. Gently fold and make a smooth batter.
Add in the essence and vinegar or lemon juice and give a gentle quick mix. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and tap the pan couple of times to release any air bubbles.
Place the cake pan in the microwave and microwave on high powder for 5 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean. If it’s not done then bake for 1 minute more. Keep an eye from 4 minutes onwards since the microwave heat differs from one another.
Take it out of the microwave and allow to stand for about 10 minutes. Demould it and allow to cool down completely.
Once the cake is completely cooled down, spread the chocolate sauce over the cake. Randomly drizzle the melted white chocolate and swirl it with a toothpick or skewer. Cut and serve.
- f you like this recipe and want to bake it in an microwave with convection mode or OTG (oven toaster griller), you can bake it at preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Just remember to preheat the oven for 10 minutes before starting to bake.
- Each microwave will vary so I recommend starting at 4 minutes and going for 30-60 seconds increments until it bounces back to the touch and a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.