Prepared with just 3-5 ingredients under 5 minutes, let's learn today how to make custard powder at home in 2 ways. This homemade eggless custard powder is all you need to make a creamy custard, creamy vanilla sauce and use them in your bakes and desserts. Make it at home from scratch using this quick and easy gluten-free recipe.
- 1 cup / 100 gms cornflour/cornstarch
- ¼ tsp Ossoro vanilla custard essence
- ½ tsp yellow food colour
- ½ cup / 100 gms sugar
- ½ cup / 70 gms milk powder
In a mixing bowl add in the cornflour, vanilla essence and food colour.
Mix and combine the mixture. Put them in a mixie jar or blender and blitz them for few seconds.
Simply sieve the mixture incase if there is any lumps or impurities and your 3 ingredients custard powder is ready.
In a mixie or blender add in the sugar and grind it to a fine powder.
In a mixing bowl add in the cornflour, vanilla essence, food colour, powdered sugar and milk powder. Mix well.
Put the mixture into a mixie jar or blender and blitz to combine for about few seconds. Sieve the mixture and store it in an airtight container.
1. I have used Ossoro vanilla custard essence. If you're using normal vanilla essence, please use 1 tsp.
2. I have used ½ cup granulated sugar and powdered it. If you are using powdered sugar, you need to use 1 cup (100 grams).
3. Make sure you use fresh ingredients as that determines the shelf life of the custard powder.
4. Colour is added to give the custard a hint of yellow. You can totally skip it.
5. You can use icing sugar instead of sugar. You can use icing sugar upto.1 cup.
6. Blending the final mixture in food processor or blender will give a smooth and well blended mixture, especially the food colour and essence.