An incredibly delicious chocolate chips loaded vanilla cake with chocolate glaze cake made in a bundt pan. The cake is speckled with chocolate chips so you get a little bit in every bite! This chocolate chip bundt cake is perfect for birthday celebrations, holiday gatherings, or even everyday treats.
This eggless chocolate chip bundt cake is gorgeous, so rich and delicious! With chocolate in every bite of this vanilla cake, this is a recipe everyone will love! The deep chocolate flavor is a chocolate lovers dream! My son loved it so much that he came back for third servings and finished off half of the cake in no time, it was gone!
This chocolate chips loaded vanilla cake recipe is a true winner. The cake is moist, super soft and spongy. It’s a cake which all ages will love and enjoy it.
This cake recipe is easy enough to make, This cake batter is quite possibly the easiest batter to make and made with the most simple ingredients, that you could bake it anytime or any day of the week as well. Additionally the glaze is no less easier. It’s super simple one and so sinful and decadent!
The cake looks beautiful even without frosting. The bundt pan makes it pretty enough to serve it just like that without frosting or glaze. You can just serve it as it is or can dust it with powdered or icing sugar, it looks pretty good and as fancy as the glaze.
The best thing about this chocolate chip bundt cake is that it’s super easy to make and you only need one bowl and a spatula to make the cake batter. That makes it so fuss free recipe and makes clean up a breeze.
If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can also bake this cake in any shape baking pan of 6½ to 7 inches.
CAN THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE MADE IN COOKER OR PAN?
Absolutely yes! This eggless chocolate chip bundt cake can also be made in a cooker or pan over gas top. Just use a stand at the bottom to hold the cake pan. If using cooker remove the gasket and whistle from the cooker lid. Bake at low heat for 35-40 minutes. Just keep an eye ahead of the mentioned time. Apart from cooker and pan you can bake it at microwave convection mode @180° for 30 minutes.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
● it’s a versatile recipe
● can be bake with or without egg
● It’s moist, soft and spongy
● it’s super easy to prepare.
● fuss free recipe with simple ingredients
● it’s a one bowl recipe
● sweet but not overly sweet
● has a tender vanilla cake and is speckled with chocolate chips
● makes your whole house smell like a bakery
● great to make for any get-together at home.
● perfect to pair with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
● great to have it as a snack cake or breakfast cake
● perfect to be served as a dessert.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE?
This eggless chocolate chip bundt cake is an easy and simple recipe, still it looks tempting, beautiful and decadent. It is incredibly moist and soft. The ingredients used are all basic ones which are commonly used in baking and are easily available in any stores and supermarkets. Let’s briefly go through the ingredients used in this recipe.
Ingredients for the cake:
● All-purpose flour – All purpose flour is used here.
● Baking soda – The reaction between the yogurt and baking soda helps the bundt cake rise.
● Baking powder – Baking powder is used to lighten the texture of the bundt cake. The carbon dioxide released into the cake helps make it light and airy.
● Salt – To enhance the overall flavor and helps to balance out the sweetness too.
● Curd/Yogurt – Used plain thick curd aka yogurt. Curd is used as a substitute to egg. Curd is a key ingredient to achieve the softness and lightness in cakes and muffins especially on eggless bakes.
● Sugar – Granulated sugar is used as a sweetener.
● Oil – Sunflower oil is used here. The oil adds moisture to the cake and makes the cake soft and moist textured cake. If you’d like to add a buttery taste, swap half the oil for butter, it works like magic!
● Milk – The recipe uses whole cow’s milk. Recommend to use whole milk for extra richness and taste.
● Vanilla extract – It adds a nice vanilla flavor to this cake.
● Chocolate chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips is used here. You can use any variety chocolate chips.
Ingredients for the glaze:
● Chocolate chips – used semi-sweet chocolate chips
● Butter – to add shine to the glaze
● Milk – to adjust the consistency of the glaze
● Powdered sugar – to sweetened the glaze
● Vanilla essence – to enhance and add flavor
SOME INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTION TO MAKE THIS BUNDT CAKE
● You can use any other milk like soy, nut milk or coconut milk.
● You can also use canola oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil etc for this recipe.
● Yogurt can be substituted with sour cream or you can use 2 eggs for the curd substitute. You may omit the baking soda if you’re using eggs in the recipe.
● Granulated sugar can be substituted with brown sugar, jaggery, cane sugar etc
● All purpose flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour, combination of some healthy flours or even 50:50 ratio of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.
● You may use any chocolate chips like mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You may also use milk chocolate chips. The semi-sweet chips are a little less sweet and the milk chocolate chips are more sweet and creamy. You could even use bittersweet chocolate if you dont prefer to make this cake overly sweet.
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE?
This is a GREAT make-ahead recipe! It’s really perfect for making the day before you plan to serve it. Once it’s fully cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out or get stale. You can also store it just like that in an airtight container. The cake can be stored at room temperature for atleast 3 days, a week or more in the fridge, or several months in the freezer!
This chocolate chip bundt cake actually taste good on it’s own. It absolutely does not required any fancy topping. You can serve just as it with tea or coffee. Personally, I don’t think this bundt cake require any icing, especially if you’re planning on serving this as a chocolate chip snack cake or as a quick breakfast cake. Well, if this is a dessert for a special occasion, then frosting is totally justified. Also if you dont want to go for fancy icing or frosting, you can simply dust it wih powdered sugar, its looks beautiful and taste good too. I love it any of the ways and follow it accordingly to the occasion.
I made a simple recipe video of this decadent chocolate chip bundt cake recipe for my readers which I have shared below. Please do watch and SUBSCRIBE to my channel if you haven’t yet. It will mean a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE VIDEO TUTORIAL
FEW CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
● Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
● Chocolate Sponge Cake
● Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Ganache
● Eggless Lamingtons
● Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
● Chocolate Wine Fruit Cake
● Chocolate Strawberry Chilly Whisky Cake
● Double Chocolate Coffee Cake
● Rajma Brownies (Kidney Beans Brownies)
● Cranberry Brownies
● Banana Chocolate Cake
● Chocolate Vanilla Cake
● Chocolate Chunks Muffins
● Double Chocolate Muffins
● Chocolate Banana Muffins
● Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Check Out The Complete Bakes & Cakes Recipes HERE
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
I hope you’ll give this chocolate chip bundt cake recipe a try! My friends and family really love it, and it’s such a versatile dessert for any time of year! Do go through the recipe and share your thoughts about the recipe with me here.
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yeilds: 8-10 slices
1 cup = 240 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
* My bundt pan is quite bigger in size. This batter can hold any shape cake pan of 6½-7 inches.
Ingredients to make eggless chocolate chip bundt cake:
1 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
⅓ cup (80 ml) whole milk
½ cup (120 ml) curd/yogurt
¼ cup (60 ml/4 tbsp) oil
½ cup (100 gms) sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup chocolate chips
Chocolate rainbow sprinklers for topping over the glaze (optional)
¼ cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tsp milk
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Step by step pictorial instructions on how to make the best eggless chocolate chip bundt cake:
PREPARING THE OVEN:
Start by preheating the oven. Do not skip this. Preheat oven @180° C for 10 minutes.
PREPARE YOUR BUNDT PAN:
It’s very important and necessary to grease and dust your bundt pan. Grease your bundt pan with cooking spray or butter/oil evenly. Then dust it with floor so the bundt cake releases easily from the pan once baked.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
In a microwave-safe bowl OR double boiler method, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Your glaze it ready. Once the cake cool down completely drizzle over cake.
MAKE THE BATTER:
In a large mixing bowl add in the curd, sugar, oil and whisk well until smooth and combined. Add in the vanilla essence and give a quick mix.
Seive in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Seive them into the wet ingredients. Fold to make a smooth batter.
BAKE IT TO PERFECTION:
Take the chocolate chips and coat them in a tsp of flour. This helps in preventing the chocolate chips from settle at the bottom of the pan. Now add in the flour coated chocolate chips and give a gentle quick mix. Be careful not to over-mix the cake batter, or else it will dry out.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan for 3-4 times to release any air bubbles inside.
Bake the cake at a preheated oven @180° C for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
GLAZE AND DECORATE THE CAKE:
Remove the cake from oven and let it stand for 5-10 minutes. Demould the cake and allow the cake to cool completely to room temperature.
Drizzle the chocolate glaze over the cake and sprinkle the chocolate rainbow sprinklers. If you dont want to frost it simply dust with powdered sugar if you’d like!
● Always preheat oven before starting to bake.
● All ingredients should be at room temperature.
● All purpose flour can be substituted with whole wheat flour or can bake with 50-50 ratio of both.
● You can substitute the granulated sugar with powdered sugar. Just grind the mentioned quantity of granulated sugar into fine powder in mixer grinder.
● Use any unflavored oil like sunflower oil, vegetable oil, canola oil etc.
● Oil can be substituted with butter or can use 50:50 ratio.
● If you want to bake with eggs, you can substitute the yogurt with 2 eggs and omit he baking soda.
● Other healthier sweeteners like brown sugar, jaggery, honey or cane sugar can be used.
● Every oven reacts differently so baking time may vary.
● Bake with both the filaments (rods) on.
● If you wish to bake with eggs, use 2 eggs and omit the baking soda.
● Recommend to use whole milk for extra richness and taste.
● Chocolate glaze is optional. You can simply dust it with powdered sugar or serve it as it is.
● If at any point the cake starts browns too much on top, loosely place a piece of foil on the surface of the cake and continue to bake.
Well, if you make this chocolate chip bundt cake, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
BAKERY HUB Aluminium Cake Baking Volcano/Bundt Pan 6 Inch & 7 Inch (Set of 2)
Zollyss Silicone Baking Molds, European Grade Fluted Round Cake Pan, Non-Stick Cake Pan for Jello, Buntcake, Gelatin, Bread, 7.50 Inches Tube Bakeware Red-1Pc
Ossoro French Vanilla Flavour, 30 ml
sakoraware Plastic Measuring Spoon and Cup Set (10 pcs) Combo with Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush Set and Stainless Steel Egg Whisker (8 Inches)
Being Marwari Premium Dark Chocolate Chips (Choco Chips), 400g
Being Marwari Sprinkles for Cake Decoration 400gms, Sprinkles for Cakes, Chocolate Sprinkles, Vermicelli, Sprinkles
Grizzly Rectangle Nonstick Wire Cooling Rack Baking Tools (Black)
BICHI™ Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Kitchen Scale Digital Multipurpose, Weight Machines for Kitchen, Weight Machine, Weight Scale Kitchen, Kitchen Weight Machine, Kitchen Weighing Scale Digital
Borosil – Prima 60 L OTG, with Motorised Rotisserie and Convection, 2000W, 12 Stage Heat Selection, Black
Bajaj Majesty 4500 TMCSS 45-Litre Oven Toaster Grill (Silver)