Stuffed flower shaped bread is a pillowy soft homemade pull apart bread stuffed with spiced potato along with raisins, peanut and cashew nuts. These pull apart bread are a complete meal in themselves.
Isn’t they look gorgeous, spectacular and eye catching? Yes! These flower shaped bread looks so beautiful and believe me they taste just as amazing as they look!
Wanna try your hands on such decorative breads? You can make such amazing bread rolls at the comfort of your home with this easy recipe. They are easy to make with simple ingredients and turn out delicious and filling meal. The bread recipe is a basic bread recipe. You can get creative with the fillings. The sky is the limit!
Making this flower bread looks tough, complicated and tiresome. But believe me it’s super to make with simple technique. So do not hesitate to attempt this beauty. This flower shape pull apart bun is simple to make and so cute to look at! This is one recipe you must try.
Flower shaped spiced potato pull apart bread are my favorite way to enjoy bread at home! These pillowy, soft pull-apart savory bread rolls are stuffed with a spiced potato filling and are made with just a few basic ingredients. The bread recipe is a simple one and the dough is easy to handle and fuss free. I used potato, raisins, peanut, cashewnut, few basic ingredients for sauteeing, maggi masala magic for the spice. These ingredients are readily available and extremely handy to keep around.
What’s more, they are very filling, more nutritious than plain bread rolls and can be had as a meal in themselves. We don’t really need anything to accompany these rolls although they do go well with a some gravy or a soup on the side.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
● Made with easily available pantry ingredients.
● Easy to make and look spectacular
● Soft, fluffy and tender.
● Perfectly spiced.
● Perfect as a snacks or quick meal or weekend dinner.
● Perfect for any occasions like house parties, kids party, picnics, potlucks etc.
● Can prepare in advance and refrigerate and bake before serving.
● Easy to customize the fillings
This bread is an absolute fun treats to take on picnics, potlucks or short trips. You can make it ahead of time and carry it with you which is the best part as you don’t have to eat it warm, it tastes absolutely delicious when served cold also.
LETS TALK INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTES
For the bread dough, you will need:
● Whole wheat flour – Whole wheat flour is used to make it a healthier version. You can use all purpose flour if you dont want to use whole wheat flour. Apart from these flours, you can also use bread flour which has high protein content and apt flour for making breads.
● Yeast – I use instant yeast, but you could also use active dry yeast as well.
● Sugar – Sugar feeds the yeast and helps in activation. Always add a little sugar to help activate the yeast and to make the yeast bloom faster.
● Warm water – Always use warm water to activate the yeast faster. You can use milk instead of water. Milk adds richness to the dough resulting in soft crumb, tender and golden crust bread. I recommend using whole milk for extra richness.
● Oil – The recipe uses oil. You can use room temperature butter. Butter is used to brush the baked bread once it is out of oven for glossy effect and also to make the bread softer.
● Salt – Salt to season the dough and enhance the overallflavor of the bread.
● Maggi Masala E Magic – This is a spice powder from maggi. I have used this spice powder to make the dough a spiced version. You can skip it and make it a plain bread.
For the spiced potato filling, you will need:
● Potato – Peeled potatoes are boiled until soft and then mashed. You use normal potato as well as baby potatoes.
● Maggi masala e magic – This maggi masala is used to spice the fillings.
● Cashewnut, peanut & raisin – I used these three in stuffing. You can add or omit as per your palate preference.
● Other ingredients – Other ingredients like ginger garlic paste, onion, green chillies, turmeric powder, raisins, peanut, cashewnuts are used for sauteeing with the fillings.
● Salt – Salt for seasoning.
I made a simple video of stuffed flower shape bread for my readers which I have shared below. Do watch and please SUBSCRIBE to my channel. It will means a lot to me and motivate me to come up with more videos for my readers. As always looking forward to your feedbacks!
Spiced Potato Stuffed Flower Bread Video Tutorial
SUBSTITUTION AND VARIATION
● Optional seasonings – You can add garlic powder, onion powder, chilly powder, pepper powder etc in substitution of the above seasoning ingredients. These also add more flavor to the filling or you could play around with the ingredients and add seasoning as you like.
● Customize the filling to your liking and choice – You can play around with the fillings and try various combinations of fillings such as:
– Caramelized onion and cheese filling
– Basil pesto filling
– Spinach and cheese filling
– Spinach and corn filling
– Garlic butter filling
– A combination of your favourite veggies
– Non veg fillings of your choice like chicken, ham, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, salami etc.
– You can use variety of cheese in the fillings like feta, parmesan, cheddar, processed, mozzarella etc if you want a cheesy filling. My choice of cheese is a mixture of processed and mozzarella always, but you could use any cheese that you like. You can also use herbed cheese spread for added flavor to the filling.
● Whole wheat flour substitutions: You can substitute with bread flour or can easily substitute it for regular all purpose flour as well. For a healthier alternative, i have used whole wheat flour.
CAN THE DOUGH BE MADE AHEAD?
YES! Stuffed bread recipes are my way to make a great weekend brunch. On the weekend, I love making the dough and letting it proof in the fridge overnight. Then, in the morning, bring to room temperature, punch it and roll it out. Shape it, keep it for second proofing, then bake it and that’s it! Our brunch is ready. Like wise if you like it for weekend dinner you can make the dough in the morning and let it proof in the fridge. So when you are ready to bake bring it out and do as required.
SOME BREAD ROLLS RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
NO YEAST BREAD RECIPES
All of the above recipes are super easy to prepare, ready in no time, and will never disappoint you.
Do give it a try and you’ll have a bakery style stuffed bread at the comfort of your home. I’m sure your friends and family will love it as much as we do. Please do share your thoughts about the recipe with me here. I would like to hear you.
Let’s get started with the recipe.
Ingredients to make spiced potato stuffed flower bread:
2 cups All purpose flour
¾ cup (180 ml) warm water
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp sugar
A pinch of salt
½ tsp maggi masala e magic
2 potato boiled and mashed
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 onion chopped
1 green chilly chopped
2 tbsp cashewnut
2 tbsp roasted peanut
2 tbsp raisins
1 packet maggi masala e magic
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsps water
Chilly flakes as required
Black sesame as required
Coriander leaves as required for garnish
Step by step pictorial instructions to make spiced potato stuffed flower bread:
MAKE THE DOUGH:
In a mixing bowl add the seived flour, sugar, salt, maggi magic masala and mix well.
Add water and bring the mixture together. Once the dough comes together, add oil and incorporate the oil into the dough . Bring out the dough on a clean surface and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes using stretch and fold technique. You can also use a stand mixer to bring the dough together. Shape the dough into a ball before you let the dough rise.
Place the dough in a greased bowl and grease the dough lightly. Cover it or cling wrap or cover it clean towel and allow to proof in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until doubled. It took only 1 hour for me. Proofing time will vary depending upon the climatic conditions of the place.
If you to want to speed up this process , you can also Instant Pot if you have one to let the dough proof. Hit the ‘Yogurt’ setting on your Instant Pot. The dough will need less than an hour to double in size in the Instant Pot.
MAKE THE STUFFING / FILLING
In a pan heat oil. Add onion, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute.
Add turmeric powder and maggi masala powder. Saute for a minute.
Add the mashed potato, cashewnut, peanut, raisins and salt to take. Mix the mixture well until combined for about 1 minute.
Add 1-2 tbsps water, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Take off the heat and keep aside.
SHAPE THE DOUGH:
Once the dough has proofed and doubled in size, gently deflate the dough and turn out onto a cleaned surface. Flatten the dough and shape the dough into a ball. Divide the dough into equal 12 portions as shown in the video and picture below.
Take each portion of the dough, bring together the edges and pinch it down and roll it between your palms of your hands into round smooth balls.
Flatten the dough in a small circular shape with your hands. Scoop a tablespoon of prepared potato filling. Fold into a crescent (half moon shape) and pinch the two ends and join it together creating a flower petal. Place these petals in a greased round cake baking tin and arrange them in a circular manner.
Once the dough has shaped, it is ready for second proofing/rise.
Cover the petals again with cling wrap or kitchen towel and place in warm place to rise for another 30 minutes.
Once it is proofed, brush the shaped dough with milk. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chilly flakes. The bread is ready to be baked. You also do egg wash instead of milk.
BAKE THE BREAD:
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375° F (180° C) for 10 minutes.
Bake the shaped dough on a preheated oven @180° C for 25-30 minutes until the top of the bread turns golden brown.
Take out the baked bread and immediately brush over melted better. Cover with a clean towel and keep aside for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves .Serve warm or after cooling down completely. Enjoy!
● Oil can be substituted with any butter.
● You can use bread flour or all purpose flour or 50:50 ratio of APF and WWF.
● You can use milk instead of water for the dough.
● Use any stuffing as per your palate preference – sweet or savoury.
● You can use other spice powder as per availability or even mixed herbs, any particular herb or oregano etc.
● Always bake your goodies at preheated oven.
● Turn on both the filaments (rods).
● Baking time will differ as every oven eats differently. Bake per your oven temperature.
● You can use egg wash instead of milk wash if you like to use egg.
Well, if you make this stuffed potato flower bread, please do leave a feedback in the comments box below or snap a photo and tag Akum Raj Jamir on Facebook and akumrajjamir on Instagram with hashtag #atmykitchen. I would love to see your creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Your valuable feedbacks are always welcome, I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you.
At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
Gloripan Instant Dry Yeast – (500 Grams)
Hua You 3 in 1 Aluminium Round Cake Mould (8/7/6.5 Inch)
Grizzly Rectangle Nonstick Wire Cooling Rack Baking Tools (Black)
QOAL Non-Stick Silicon Reusable Pastry Fondant Dough roti chapati Rolling Baking Sheet mat with Measurements 50 * 40 cm
Vroxy Electric Stand Mixer 7 Speed 2 in 1 Hand Mixer Dual Function Mixing Bowl, Beaters & Dough Hooks Handheld Blender Baking Whipping Cream Machine
sakoraware Plastic Measuring Spoon and Cup Set (10 pcs) Combo with Silicone Spatula and Pastry Brush Set and Stainless Steel Egg Whisker (8 Inches)
Dishan Cake Decorating Stand with 3pcs Plastic Scraper,8 Measuring Cups,Silicone Spatula and Brush Set,3-in-1 Multi-Cake Icing Spatula Knife with 12 Piece Cake Decorating Nozzles Set
Oddy Ecobake Baking & Cooking Parchment Paper 10″ X 20 Mtrs ( Oddy Uniwraps )
BICHI™ Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Kitchen Scale Digital Multipurpose, Weight Machines for Kitchen, Weight Machine, Weight Scale Kitchen, Kitchen Weight Machine, Kitchen Weighing Scale Digital
Borosil DIGIPRO 38L, Digital OTG, with Motorised Rotisserie and Convection, 1500W, 4 Stage Heat Selection, Black
Kuber Industries Plastic Microwave Safe 3 Pieces Mixing Bowl Set- 1000 ML (Multi) – CTKTC37570
Taj Iron Sandwhich Bread Mould/Tin Box with Cover for Baking- Small 500gms
RM Trend Serratd Bread Knife ,Toast Slicing Knives,Bread Knife for Cutting,Cake Slicer Baking Pastry Cutter Serrated Blade Easy Cut Bread 10 INCH.