Savoury Semolina Cake / healthy spiced cake loaded with vegetables. It can be a perfect pair for your tea, a quick evening snacks or good as a breakfast. What better way to start your day with a breakfast cake which is way too healthy. A less oil and loaded with vegetables spiced cake.
Savoury semolina cake is an easy spiced cake recipe. It is prepared with semolina/ sooji or rawa, vegetables and few spice ingredients. Just use the veggies that are in season, temper the spice ingredients, mix them up into a batter and bake it to a perfect healthy spiced cake.
The cake is soft, spongy and very delicious. It is an easy peasy savoury cake recipe perfect for breakfast and snacking. This cake is an wholesome dish which is not only tasty and healthy but light and also satiates your soul.
Read also : Semolina Carrot Cake
This semolina savoury cake is somewhat similar to the breakfast recipe of Gujarat called as ‘Handvo’. So you can consider this as a baked version of it.
Also read Sattu Oats Cookies, a guilt free and healthier cookie. It is an eggless, no baking powder, no baking soda and no white sugar cookie recipe.
This is an egg free, butter free and flourless cake. A must try cake for those who love savoury bakes. So do try this easy, healthy and delicious cake. I am sure your family and friends would love it. And if at all you happens to try please do share your feedback in the comments below how it turned out for you.
Read also : Vegan Coconut Cake
If you’re looking for some other basic and easy cakes, check out my cake recipes.
Disclosure: At My Kitchen is an Amazon Affiliate, which simply means that if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a very small commission at no additional cost to you!
Please click on the image if you wish to purchase these products from Amazon.
- Preparation Time : 15 mins
- Baking time: 30
- Serves : 6
- Semolina ( sooji) – 1 cup
- Curd / Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- A pinch of turmeric
- Chilly powder – ¼ tsp or as per taste
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green Chilly – 1 chopped
- Red capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped
- French Beans – 3-4 chopped
- Few Coriander leaves chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp crushed
- Black sesame seeds – ¼ tsp
- White sesame seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 3-4 chopped
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add the curd, baking soda, mix well and keep aside for about 5 mins.
- In the curd mixture add the semolina, baking powder, salt as per taste, water and mix well. Keep aside while you make the other ingredients ready.
- In a sauce pan heat 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it crackle. Remove from heat and pour this over the semolina mixture.
- Now add the remaining ingredients, mix them well and make a batter.
- Preheat oven @180° for 10 mins. Grease a cake pan and keep aside.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and tap the pan for couple of times.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30-35 mins. A toothpick inserted should come our clean. Mine took exactly 30 mins.
- Remove from oven, let it cool down, invert, cut and serve.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Do share your valuable feedbacks, I would live to hear from you all. Happy cooking.