Chicken Pakora is one of the very easy to prepare appetizer or snacks with just some few ingredients. It can be easily made at home. Chicken Pakora are commonly served in restaurants but we can made them conveniently at home and enjoy it.
Here is my version of Chicken Pakora which is mildly spiced chicken coated in gram flour and rice flour and then deep fried in oil.
Chicken Pakora is not only kids favourite but even adults loves to drool over it. It can be a great party appetizer or snacks. So do give a try of my version of chicken pakora for your next get together. I am sure you won’t get dissappointed.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked the recipe. Please do leave your valuable feedback, I would always love to hear from all of you 😀
- Preparation time : 15 mins
- Cooking time : 20 mins
- Serves : 8
- Chicken boneless – 200 gms
- Gram flour – 1 tsp +2 tbsps
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 small finely chopped or as per your taste
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – few finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 2-3 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder to taste
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 cup
- Water as required to thin the batter
- Wash the chicken and pat them dry in kitchen towel. Cut them into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken, 1 tsp gram flour, rice flour, onions, chillies, ginger garlic paste, masala powders and salt to taste.
- Mix them well, add only few drops of water to incorporate them well.
- Take the chicken piece and shape it to small round balls.
- In a bowl add the remaining gram flour, salt to taste, water as required and a thin batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot reduce the heat.
- Take the chicken balls, deep them into the batter and fry on low-medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Drain in an absorbent paper and serve with any dipping, sauce or chutney of your choice.